It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
(male)

trevor222 HB User
Glans slightly red, not itchy, no bumps

A couple months ago I was diagnosed with chlamydia. I had some of the symptoms and my glans got red and itchy. After taking 1g azithromycin, everything has been fine, itching, pain, discharge are all gone. The only thing that concerns me is that my glans is sometimes (for example after a shower or when too dried out) a bit more red on the top than on the sides. It doesn't itch and it's not an inflammation type of red, if there wasn't the sides to compare it to then one could say it's normal color. Of course, sometimes it's not visible at all, other times it's a bit more noticeable. Should I be concerned about this, or is it normal for the color to change a little bit? (Initially the doctor thought I had balanitis, so I used some antifungal cream, but that didn't help and only dried out my glans, so that might've contributed to the persisting redness too)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2012, 05:17 AM   #2
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User
Re: Glans slightly red, not itchy, no bumps

I don't know about your problem, but it's pretty common to get a yeast problem after taking an antibiotic. That's the first thing I would guess this might be. I would try having some cranberry (juice or whatever) everyday until it's better. It helps with mild infections (yeast & other).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread