It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2012, 03:42 PM   #1
(male)

jc0941 HB User
Thumbs up Red bumps around groin region

Hi, ive been having sex with my girlfriend for around half a year, and recently we've been starting to have 3-4 hour sessions. She is my first sexual partner. ive been getting red bumps around my groin area after these sessions. most of them are around the pubic hairs and looks like they are growing from close to the root of the hair. They itch and hurts sometimes, its more noticeable at night before i go to bed. They disappear after a few days. Im trying to find out what this is and if there is anyway to prevent it. Should i go see my doctor?

Old 12-05-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User
Re: Red bumps around groin region

It sounds like it's probably a minor yeast or bacterial infection. You might only get them from not washing off after sex before going to sleep.

An anti-microbial soap could help too. I like Neutrogena T/Gel, which is actually sold as a shampoo. It's a good antimicrobial and it's pretty drying, which is usually good for that area too.

It helps to prevent yeast and UTIs to consume cranberry. You and your girlfriend might have cranberry once a week or so to keep from worrying about having given the other yeast or a UTI.

Finally, there's certainly some possibility this could be an STD too. I'm really not trying to worry you, but you shouldn't rely too much on advice like this (based on your very brief description of the problem and my lack of any medical qualifications). Basically, peer advice like this could be very misleading.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread