It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 36
David757 HB User
Exclamation Help: Sex partner had strange "swollen skin bubbles"

Hello,

About 3 months ago I had a casual sex partner whom I noticed had strange "bubble"-like formations on her skin. They looked like burn scars, swollen bubbles. I noticed too late, but I hope it's nothing dangerous... but I'm quite worried.

We had safe sex with condom, no fluid exchange or any sort. But I had oral contact with her skin (only with her skin) for a short period of time.

I only then observed she had some skin issue when I touched her side, then on another part on her "belly".

The two "things" were about 5-6 cm long, about 1-2 cm thick. Whitish bubble-like formations (similar to swelling of skin after burns). So they were not round, there were only 2 of them, looked rather skin color, slightly whitish, "worm"-shaped.

These looked like long "air bubbles". Looked weird, just like burns, but they were white, like they had air under them or something.

I am quite afraid, but since then 3 months passed and I hope I didn't contract anything. I kept touching my skin, but nothing like that is on me, but I don't want to become paranoid either.

What is this thing she had? Is it dangerous?

Gosh, I only observed while it was a bit late, but I think the condom and no fluid exchange should have been enough to protect.

I remember seeing people on the street with such skin-colored "air bubbles" on the skin, especially 1-2 on their neck of feet or arms. I never knew what they were...

Advice, help? Am I safe after 3 months?

Been verifying all my pimples and I hope/I guess I am all right.

But would still like to know what that was!

Thanks

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 12-11-2012, 07:04 PM   #2
mc7 mc7 is offline
Senior Member
(male)
 
mc7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: US - Ohio
Posts: 275
mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User
Re: Help: Sex partner had strange "swollen skin bubbles"

A condom is always MUCH better than nothing, but skin viruses are transmitted by skin contact, they don't need to enter the meatus (or contact the glans) to cause infection. I don't know if what you're describing could possibly be a symptom of a skin virus, but if it could then, yes, you were exposed. You could likely have contracted it in that case. Do you mean mm instead of cm? 5-6 cm is huge. 5-6 mm sounds more like it could be molluscum contagiosum. Did it look like that?

Last edited by mc7; 12-12-2012 at 08:24 AM.

 
Old 12-12-2012, 04:01 AM   #3
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 36
David757 HB User
Re: Help: Sex partner had strange "swollen skin bubbles"

Of course I used a condom. But touched her skin, kissed her skin, but not her mouth... She had some sort of swollen worm-like things on her skin. just like the were large burns. 2 of them, quite far away from each other. They were both as long and wide as "half a finger", to describe the size more precisely, but 4-5 mm in thickness.

Now I've been to the dermatologist and had that small pimple-like thing removed from my abdomen. Doctor said it was a viral infection, but not anything of sexually-transmittable origin. Doctor said "probably something from the air" and that "it's frequent", so nothing serious to worry about and it is not syphilis etc.

I was worried, I got terrified, but after 3 months I didn't see anything else "more serious", don't feel anything bad now, so I guess I'm all right.

There are no other symptoms at all after 3 months.
Should I still worry, make a blood test or something?

Doctor didn't give much importance to this, said if it would have been syphilis or something of that nature, I would have felt some symptoms and that pimple didn't look anything like syphilis.

Doctor didn't consider the blood test important, since I had no other symptoms at all.

And I don't want to lose a lot of blood, since they take so much out.

Basically I was extremely terrified, worried, but I have no symptoms. I would have to guess what I "could have" and make several sets and lose a lot of blood...
Blood tests are like: there's a list of "things/conditions/microorganisms" to check, it's not like the take a small amount of blood and "look at it". This is the procedure here: you tell them what they should look for and for each thing they take "probes".

I feel all right.
Except the contact with that person there's nothing more "out of the ordinary" in my life.

No symptoms, but what do you think I should do?
Also: doctors don't take anything seriously, if you "just worry".

Personally I don't feel anything bad now. I guess it's a slight "symptomless worry/uncertainty".

 
Old 12-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
rosequartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago,IL
Posts: 10,361
rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Help: Sex partner had strange "swollen skin bubbles"

sounds like stretch marks.....especially if they were on her stomach......doubt if its anything to worry about.

 
Old 12-12-2012, 08:30 AM   #5
mc7 mc7 is offline
Senior Member
(male)
 
mc7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: US - Ohio
Posts: 275
mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User
Re: Help: Sex partner had strange "swollen skin bubbles"

Oh yeah, rosequartz is right. Stretch marks do look like burn marks. I was thinking about the blisters from a burn looking like a pox virus (but the rest of the description didn't sound right).

The small pimple growth that he had removed does sound like a skin virus like molluscum. Just because you had them removed doesn't mean you don't still have the virus. The bumps can reappear, and you are still be contagious too. You will be contagious until your immune system overcomes it.

 
Old 12-12-2012, 09:00 AM   #6
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 36
David757 HB User
Re: Help: Sex partner had strange "swollen skin bubbles"

What "stretch marks"?
I'm not that "naive", I know what I saw and touched.
I don't see what could have "stretched" her like that unless she was tortured (literally).

No way they were anything "ordinary"... I've seen things like these on people's necks, legs.
These looked either like real burn marks or some sort of a rash/eruption/swelling. Both were more-or-less horizontal thick linear formations. Thick enough, big enough, unlike anything "natural". Something caused it. Either they were real burn marks and I'm alarming myself too much or a disease.

Quite soft, like they were "air bubbles", they were round, like something was bursting from the inside... Like they were slightly blown up with air.
They had the shape of "fat worms".

My pimple-like thing was 2 mm small, round thing, quite at the exact spot where she had one.

Honestly except saliva or skin contact, I don't see how anything could have gotten inside of me.

Otherwise, doctor said this was a frequent "viral skin infection". Certainly not of sexual origin...

She had one under her breast and another one on her side-torso (on torso, under arm). They looked swollen skin-solored things. It was dark, she insisted about keeping the dark...

Anyway, I only had lip contact with her skin and touched with hands as well... At first from the distance, I only saw one of the marks. Only in bed did I accidentally touch the other one, then got a bit surprised, but contact had already happened.

I'll never have sex again with a woman unless I can "see everything" in full light, all lights on!

It's been 3 months, but investigating, looking at photos online with various skin diseases, I honestly got disgusted and can't do it anymore.

Some things have no strong symptoms, so I'm not sure what to think.

 
Old 12-12-2012, 09:05 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
rosequartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago,IL
Posts: 10,361
rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Help: Sex partner had strange "swollen skin bubbles"

do an image search for stretch marks......
people get stretch marks from gaining or losing weight
women get them from being pregnant
they look like long red worms, raised up like scars

 
Old 12-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #8
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 36
David757 HB User
Re: Help: Sex partner had strange "swollen skin bubbles"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc7 View Post
Oh yeah, rosequartz is right. Stretch marks do look like burn marks. I was thinking about the blisters from a burn looking like a pox virus (but the rest of the description didn't sound right).

The small pimple growth that he had removed does sound like a skin virus like molluscum. Just because you had them removed doesn't mean you don't still have the virus. The bumps can reappear, and you are still be contagious too. You will be contagious until your immune system overcomes it.
OK, so what are you advising me to do? How could I know I don't have anything?
This whole thing appeared 3 months after.

I took a look at some "molluscum" pictures and indeed, it looked a bit similar. Perhaps... anyway, mine was very small, slightly yellowish, soft. If I pushed it, it moved inwards, otherwise I wanted to "squash it", push it out...

Doctor advised me not to hurt it, because I might "traumatise it and it gets worse". So the doctor gave me an anesthetic injection and burned it off, electronically.

Doctor seemed a bit superficial regarding blood test.

At first after over-reading myself, I was afraid of syphilis. She said it contained a nest of viruses. And that I might have gotten the infection from the air or direct skin contact etc.

I was thinking about making a blood test, but it seems like doctors need to know exactly what to look for before searching for anything in the blood samples. This doctor didn't seem at all interested in further investigations - was a dermatologist, by the way.

I could even go to a private clinic. I just want to root out anything, as fast as possible - if needed.

 
Old 12-12-2012, 09:13 AM   #9
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 36
David757 HB User
Re: Help: Sex partner had strange "swollen skin bubbles"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
do an image search for stretch marks......
people get stretch marks from gaining or losing weight
women get them from being pregnant
they look like long red worms, raised up like scars
No way, as said, I'm not that stupid. She was in her early 20's.
There was 1 mark under her right breast and one on her side torso under left arm. Swollen, rather white. NOTHING else was there or around. Too thick and too white, entirely different from "stretch marks".

These were something like a trauma to the skin.

I can hope they were not a disease but something else. Perhaps she was tortured or they were signs of surgery?

Anyway, I had this small thing removed, but want to make sure I root everything out.

 
Old 12-12-2012, 09:28 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
rosequartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago,IL
Posts: 10,361
rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Help: Sex partner had strange "swollen skin bubbles"

Quote:
Originally Posted by David757 View Post
No way, as said, I'm not that stupid. She was in her early 20's.
There was 1 mark under her right breast and one on her side torso under left arm. Swollen, rather white. NOTHING else was there or around. Too thick and too white, entirely different from "stretch marks".

These were something like a trauma to the skin.

I can hope they were not a disease but something else. Perhaps she was tortured or they were signs of surgery?

Anyway, I had this small thing removed, but want to make sure I root everything out.
no one is calling you stupid, I'm merely pointing something out to you that you may NOT be familiar with.....women in their early 20's can have stretch marks too.....I had stretch marks in my 20's from gaining weight.....they can appear on your stomach, legs, arms, breasts, etc.....anywhere that the skin has "stretched" to accommodate weight gain. Did you even do an image search like I suggested?

 
Old 12-12-2012, 09:52 AM   #11
mc7 mc7 is offline
Senior Member
(male)
 
mc7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: US - Ohio
Posts: 275
mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User
Re: Help: Sex partner had strange "swollen skin bubbles"

Yeah, I think you have to be describing molluscum. Something about the way they look makes people always want to pop them, it seems. But DO NOT do that because, as your doctor said, they're filled with virus that spreads very easily (both on you and to other people). Don't touch them at all. And wash your hands very well if you ever do touch one. And don't let anyone touch clothes or towels after you.

What I was saying about the virus still being latent is that unfortunately just because you had the bump(s) removed does not mean you won't ever get more. If your immune system is not recognizing the virus, they can often appear at any site of injury (or only if you're otherwise sick causing weakened immune response). The healing process can stimulate them. And they keep reappearing until your immune system finally recognizes the virus and overcomes it. Sometimes this can take a while.

I see there is a laser treatment that's been shown effective in stimulating a good immune resolution of the virus (525 nm pulsed dye). MUCH less expensively, for mild cases, over-the-counter wart medicines, such as salicylic acid may shorten infection duration. Daily topical application of tretinoin cream ("Retin-A 0.025%") may also trigger resolution. These treatments require several weeks for the infection to clear. These are all probably better solutions for stimulating an immune reaction to the virus rather than allowing it remain unrecognized by the immune system by just removing the bumps. (That's what can cause latent infection.)

If you are deficient in many things it will help to improve your immune response to get more sunlight, potassium, calcium, zinc, iron, manganese or selenium. There's a pretty good amount of all these metals & minerals in cinnamon (of all things). Probiotics (and healthy digestive bacteria) help the immune system a lot too (partially for minimizing digestive yeast). Fresh (low fat, low carb) vegetables are pretty good for health too.

Incidentally, the doctor shrugged off your suggestion of testing them because there isn't a commonly available test for them. They could do a DNA test (maybe ordered custom?). Everywhere says they just recognize them visually to identify infection.

Last edited by mc7; 12-12-2012 at 09:58 AM. Reason: no test

 
Old 12-12-2012, 09:55 AM   #12
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 36
David757 HB User
Re: Help: Sex partner had strange "swollen skin bubbles"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
no one is calling you stupid, I'm merely pointing something out to you that you may NOT be familiar with.....women in their early 20's can have stretch marks too.....I had stretch marks in my 20's from gaining weight.....they can appear on your stomach, legs, arms, breasts, etc.....anywhere that the skin has "stretched" to accommodate weight gain. Did you even do an image search like I suggested?
Of course I did. I appreciate your help, honestly.

I only found the white "stretch marks" similar - but visually. But the ones I saw on her were not just visual marks. As said, upon touch they seemed swollen: they were at least 4 mm's higher than skin anywhere around.

So there was a substantial elevation of the skin there, like a burn scar. They were like longitudinal "bumps", about 4-5 cm long, width 0.5-0.7 cm.

Indeed, from a distance they looked slightly similar to those whiter skin stretches. But with elevation, substantial swelling?

I got a bit scared as my fingers ran across the second one. The one I saw on her side I saw from 1-2 meters distance in weak light, so I thought "it's a scar", the second one was exactly the same under her right breast, but first I touched it, only then did I look and think - "wow, this is weird"...

 
Old 12-12-2012, 10:03 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
rosequartz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago,IL
Posts: 10,361
rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Help: Sex partner had strange "swollen skin bubbles"

ya know you had the perfect opportunity as your fingers ran across it to say, what's this? it almost sounds like a scar.....maybe she had surgery.

 
Old 12-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #14
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 36
David757 HB User
Re: Help: Sex partner had strange "swollen skin bubbles"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc7 View Post
Yeah, I think you have to be describing molluscum. Something about the way they look makes people always want to pop them, it seems. But DO NOT do that because, as your doctor said, they're filled with virus that spreads very easily (both on you and to other people). Don't touch them at all. And wash your hands very well if you ever do touch one. And don't let anyone touch clothes or towels after you.

What I was saying about the virus still being latent is that unfortunately just because you had the bump(s) removed does not mean you won't ever get more. If your immune system is not recognizing the virus, they can often appear at any site of injury (or only if you're otherwise sick causing weakened immune response). The healing process can stimulate them. And they keep reappearing until your immune system finally recognizes the virus and overcomes it. Sometimes this can take a while.

I see there is a laser treatment that's been shown effective in stimulating a good immune resolution of the virus (525 nm pulsed dye). MUCH less expensively, for mild cases, over-the-counter wart medicines, such as salicylic acid may shorten infection duration. Daily topical application of tretinoin cream ("Retin-A 0.025%") may also trigger resolution. These treatments require several weeks for the infection to clear. These are all probably better solutions for stimulating an immune reaction to the virus rather than allowing it remain unrecognized by the immune system by just removing the bumps. (That's what can cause latent infection.)

If you are deficient in many things it will help to improve your immune response to get more sunlight, potassium, calcium, zinc, iron, manganese or selenium. There's a pretty good amount of all these metals & minerals in cinnamon (of all things). Probiotics (and healthy digestive bacteria) help the immune system a lot too (partially for minimizing digestive yeast). Fresh (low fat, low carb) vegetables are pretty good for health too.

Incidentally, the doctor shrugged off your suggestion of testing them because there isn't a commonly available test for them. They could do a DNA test (maybe ordered custom?). Everywhere says they just recognize them visually to identify infection.
You seem to describe them in so many details... are you a dermatologist?

I still hope it wasn't that thing. If it was that contagious, I would have left marks everywhere, including the doctor's cabinet! :P

After taking a look at the descriptions and the photos: no, it didn't look like that.

Mine was skin color with a slight yellowish tone, like it had slight white-yellowish substance inside. Nut not as much as a pimple.

The description says molluscum has a hole inside, like a deeper part. This was not like that. Mine didn't stand that much out and it was round, soft, no hole.

I'm pretty sure it's not moluscum.

It looked more like a pimple than moluscum. But it wasn't red.

I hope I won't get any more of it and this is finalized.

My doctor said it's an accumulation of viruses that get into the human body and gather somewhere, wherever they like and they pop-up here or there...

I will keep strengthening my immune system and will root out any sign (if any) in my organism.

Last edited by David757; 12-12-2012 at 10:41 AM.

 
Old 12-12-2012, 11:10 AM   #15
Junior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 36
David757 HB User
Re: Help: Sex partner had strange "swollen skin bubbles"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz View Post
ya know you had the perfect opportunity as your fingers ran across it to say, what's this? it almost sounds like a scar.....maybe she had surgery.
Thing is when I came across the second one it looked too weird, so I started thinking about some infection... then for the next months I've been periodically checking and touching myself, until I came across this tiny thing about 10 days ago.

I hope I don't have anything in me anymore.

 
Closed Thread




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added











All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:37 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!