It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
(male)

VikingPaul HB User
Senior Wet Dreams

This is a really embarrassing problem and I don't want to be told how "fortunate" I am to have it. I'm 64 years old and I still have wet dreams on a regular basis. The night before last, I woke up several times after ejaculating and I felt like I hadn't slept all night. I usually have to urinate after I wake up and I have to wait several minutes before I'm able to. By then I'm wide awake. I'm celibate and it makes no difference at all if I masturbate or not. I also don't want to have sexual intercourse just for the sake of having intercourse. I have no health issues and I'm not taking any kind of medications. I spoke with a doctor years ago who basically told me to relax and enjoy it. I'm getting too old for this! It exhausts me yet I can't sleep. Is this normal, and does anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited by VikingPaul; 12-07-2012 at 07:18 PM.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #2
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User
Re: Senior Wet Dreams

I only have nocturnal emissions if I don't masturbate for a number of days. Maybe you need to masturbate more than you have tried yet. You might need to masturbate several times a day or more for a week or more to prevent nocturnal emission (and then less after that for maintenance).

Of course there's circumcision if you want to reduce the sensitivity of your penis tremendously. Circumcision was traditionally regarded as something done to prevent erotic dreams. I wouldn't recommend circumcision. It makes it difficult to enjoy sex (and orgasm from sex).

You might reduce you intake of pro-hormonal things like vitamin D/high-D dairy (milk cream), mushrooms, fish oil, etc. Or you might try soy for lowering androgen activity. Of course alcohol kills libido slowly but surely.

Most guys your age have the opposite problem (no libido), so you really should enjoy the fact that you're still functioning well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2012, 09:28 AM   #3
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User

Do you think excess penile sensitivity could play a role in this problem? (That is also very fortunate for your age. Most men have lost too much sensitivity to orgasm consistently decades younger than you.)

I forgot to say, that much more easily and less severely than circumcision, you could just keep your foreskin retracted through the day, so that it rubs against your clothes. This will desensitize the most sensitive parts of your penis. This should reduce the tendency to have erotic dreams. Give it a few days to a week to start working. It might make it a bit worse at first, but it'll get better with reduced sensitivity. Does that help?

Old 12-26-2012, 08:31 PM   #4
(male)

VikingPaul HB User

Thank you for the reply. I had been checking and I didn't see it until now.

I was circumcised as an infant but my penis has always been extra sensitive. I seem to be getting all kinds of unwanted stimulation while I'm sleeping from rubbing against bedding and clothing. It makes no difference whether I sleep on my sides or back. I can't even recall dreaming about anything erotic. Usually it hits me suddenly during a normal dream, and in the dream I have to search for a place where I can masturbate in privacy. By then I know I'm about to ejaculate and there's no stopping it.

I'm glad you mentioned vitamin D because I started taking it about six weeks ago and found the wet dreams were becoming more frequent. I didn't know vitamin D levels were linked with testosterone. And I've been taking fish oil for a few years now. Both have health benefits so I don't really want to cut back on those supplements. I can look into soy. In the past I've tried wearing a condom at night (they stay on for only so long) and anesthetic sprays which worked until they wore off. Maybe masturbating more frequently will work. I don't think I got into a routine long enough for it to make a difference.

I really appreciate your advice and taking the time to help.

Closed Thread