It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 09:17 AM   #1
(male)

Anonym0us749 HB User
Bright, red, painless bump along my median raphe (underneath my penis, in the middle)

Good Afternoon forums, I am a 24 year old male who is sexually active. I have taken STD tests with results returning negative, and was recently diagnosed with scabies on my genitalia (scrotum, i think). I have been prescribed Permethrin 5% which i have used according to directed guidelines by my dermatologist, however, I've noticed a bright red lump in the middle of my penis, underneath it (reverse side, called the penile raphe i believe). The bright red lump is painless, and rather stern. According to my dermatologist, it MIGHT also be a scabies infection, however, I do not feel it is, because of the absence of itching. I am looking for a second, third, and possibly 4th opinion, as this issue does not affect my sexual performance, but rather my psychological makeup. If any doctors or anyone has had an experience similiar to mine and is able to offer me some consultation, please do! I also have pictures I can provide off hand, and though I just joined these forums as of today, I am unclear about the criteria concerning the posting of pictures (if they are even allowed). Please, get back to me!

Thank You and God Bless! =]

Old 12-11-2012, 06:50 PM   #2
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User
Re: Bright, red, painless bump along my median raphe (underneath my penis, in the mid

It might possibly be a minor allergic reaction to the permethrin. Pyrethroids are pretty allergenic. You might ask doctor for a different insecticide. If that's what it is, it'll go away when you're done using it to kill the scabies.

Last edited by mc7; 12-11-2012 at 06:51 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread