It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2012, 01:37 AM   #1
(male)

piccer HB User
chlamydia gone but still have testicle pain

Hello,

I tested positive for Chlamydia and took 3 different types of antibiotics including Zitromax, Doxycyclin and one more. The symptoms of discharge and itching has gone but i have this crazy testicle pain periodically that makes me mad..
I had an ultrasound on testicles and prostate but the doctors said everything is normal...They couldn't tell the reason of this pain..I don't think that doctors have the slightest idea what is going on...
The pain comes sometimes to the left sometimes to the right testicle..and sometimes to both of them...once every day...or twice...

i am still on antibiotics..seem to me that there's no cure!!!??..i fear that this will never leave me...

I'm in real big trouble please help me

Old 12-11-2012, 06:26 PM   #2
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User
Re: chlamydia gone but still have testicle pain

If you're ever still having symptoms of infection despite multiple rounds of antibiotics, I would wonder if the infection's yeast. Antibiotics actually make yeast problems worse. And it seems like doctors often miss yeast. Do you know if you were tested for yeast?

Cranberry seems to really help with both yeast and bacteria, so you might find some benefit in that. It doesn't interfere with antibiotics absorption or function either. Also if it's yeast or most any infection, adding small (normal) amount of cinnamon (of all things) to your food might help--for its particular metal/mineral balance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2012, 11:41 PM   #3
(male)

piccer HB User

thanks a lot for thew reply

I said Chlyamidia has gone..but maybe its not gone im waiting for my test day to come...right now i still have testile pain..and i have this tickling in my penis very often...i have no itching almost..and no pain while urinating...
ill ask this to my doctor yes but;

if its a yeast infection...(i havent been tested..but the doctor gave me Diclyufan (2 tablets) with the antibiotics)...is it possible to test it? is it treatable? is it serious?..what are the complications?
The nutrition against yeast i understood.. is OK but what else should i have to do ?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc7 View Post
If you're ever still having symptoms of infection despite multiple rounds of antibiotics, I would wonder if the infection's yeast. Antibiotics actually make yeast problems worse. And it seems like doctors often miss yeast. Do you know if you were tested for yeast?

Cranberry seems to really help with both yeast and bacteria, so you might find some benefit in that. It doesn't interfere with antibiotics absorption or function either. Also if it's yeast or most any infection, adding small (normal) amount of cinnamon (of all things) to your food might help--for its particular metal/mineral balance.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:21 AM   #4
(male)

Yeast is generally less pathogenic than bacteria. Though either could be as bad to ignore. (Either can be serious.) The Diflucan (is that what you meant to type?) would have helped with yeast, but apparently is was not enough.

Cranberry is even better against yeast than bacteria. Yogurt (or other probiotics) would be good for your digestion and recolonizing digestion with healthy bacteria will help fight yeast (throughout your body). You should definitely avoid raw-er dairy (milk & cream) until you're all better. It makes it more difficult to overcome infections.

Old 12-12-2012, 05:53 AM   #5
(male)

piccer HB User
Unhappy Re: chlamydia gone but still have testicle pain

Quote:
Yeast is generally less pathogenic than bacteria. Though either could be as bad to ignore. (Either can be serious.) The Diflucan (is that what you meant to type?) would have helped with yeast, but apparently is was not enough.

Cranberry is even better against yeast than bacteria. Yogurt (or other probiotics) would be good for your digestion and recolonizing digestion with healthy bacteria will help fight yeast (throughout your body). You should definitely avoid raw-er dairy (milk & cream) until you're all better. It makes it more difficult to overcome infections.
yes Diflucan..
Ill go to my doctor will get it checked again
im very much worried..
Ill try to help with better nutrition
Does it go away once and for all?..ot is it coming back all the time?
Right now i feel sore around scoutrum
Thanks a lot

Old 12-12-2012, 06:06 AM   #6
(male)

If they're allowed to persist for a long time infections can cause lasting effects from the damage they do, but yeast clears up usually shortly after being done with antibiotics. Then the yeast is overpowered by the normal healthy bacteria. You probably don't have anything to worry about. Although you probably should be checked for any scrotum pain for any of the usual causes if you had not been yet.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #7
(male)

piccer HB User

Quote:
If they're allowed to persist for a long time infections can cause lasting effects from the damage they do, but yeast clears up usually shortly after being done with antibiotics. Then the yeast is overpowered by the normal healthy bacteria. You probably don't have anything to worry about. Although you probably should be checked for any scrotum pain for any of the usual causes if you had not been yet.

Thanks a lot Mc7. I got ultrasound on Kidneys,prostate and testicles...the doctor said they are normal. ..i just today finished the last day of antibiotics i will wait 10 days for test..But if it is not yeast could it be something else?
Is it possible that the chlamydia is still not dead?..after all this acitrhyomcin and all other antibiotics..

Old 12-12-2012, 11:13 AM   #8
(male)

The chance of chlamydia surviving so many antibiotics is very tiny. There's a bit more chance it could be a coincidental other bacterial infection or some other infection (viral or other). But the most likely thing is just yeast because the antibiotics encourage yeast.

Old 12-12-2012, 11:23 AM   #9
(male)

piccer HB User

thank you mc7

Old 12-17-2012, 04:46 AM   #10
(male)

piccer HB User
Unhappy Re: chlamydia gone but still have testicle pain

Quote:
The chance of chlamydia surviving so many antibiotics is very tiny. There's a bit more chance it could be a coincidental other bacterial infection or some other infection (viral or other). But the most likely thing is just yeast because the antibiotics encourage yeast.
Hello again,

I'm on very strict diet of "no sugar+2 clove daily garlic and almost 1 liter plain yogurt" however the symptoms are coming and going..
I still have testicular pain. One day nothing..next day the whole day pain...

Who could recommend further? PLEASE?

Old 12-17-2012, 04:50 AM   #11
(male)

piccer HB User

could it be epiditimityis? but the doctor checked the testicles clinically and also with ultrasound and said evrything is OK!!...or maybe herpes????

WHAT could it be? ..IT DRIVES ME MAD!!

Old 12-17-2012, 08:47 AM   #12
(male)

You're probably aware there are non-infectious causes of this pain too. The most common cause of inexplicable chronic testicle pain is varicose veins in the scrotum called variocele. It's caused by the valves of the blood vessels there not operating as they should leading to swollen veins and poor circulation to the teste(s). There is a "subclinical" manifestation of variocele that can be difficult to detect. This might be your problem. Of course, I would think the ultrasound would have discovered it in that case, but maybe not?

For variocele, I see that nutritional recommendations are high fiber and high flavonoid foods (esp fruits & vegetables)--avoid junk food, starch, trans-fat, alcohol and caffeine. And avoid eating too much at once, which can overwhelm the digestive enzyme capacity of digestion. And finally, this point isn't scientific (obviously), but among the people I know who I know to have had variocele, it has only afflicted guys who drink a lot of milk, so it seems like a very high calcium intake could actually be part of a variocele problem too. Maybe a more moderate amount of yogurt would be better for you.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:01 PM   #13
(male)

piccer HB User

I hear you..but i don't eat junk food..especially i eat wheat products a lot..yes i drink a lot of milk thats right///anyway ill bring this to the attention of my doctor..
BUT...this variocele thing seems like doesn't have any connection with the chlamydia that were found in the urethra but this pain and all other symptoms started exactly same time with chlamydia symptoms thats why i still doubt that this can be an infectious pain...could it be maybe a post infection pain which dissapears with time?...Mc7 i really read a lot of forum posts (also on this page) that were mentioning a non ending testicular pain coming after chlamydia treatment and im starting to think im one of those victims and it will never leave my body...permanently

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-17-2012 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Unnecessary quote removed. Please use "Quick Reply" instead of "Quote Reply" unless necessary.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #14
(male)

Yogurt is a better form of dairy than milk or cream, but that might still be too much for good digestion. Are your stools good? You should not drink milk or cream while you are fighting an infection. They reduce the effectiveness of antibiotics. Also, this is a small point really, but I like cinnamon a lot better than garlic for a dietary immune booster.

I would keep taking the antibiotics (if any are left) because it certainly could be chlamydial epididymitis like you suspect. I would also try to adjust diet and such to minimize yeast/fungal infection potential too, because yeast often becomes an issue while taking antibiotics.

And I wouldn't worry about this pain going on forever. You will overcome the infection eventually and things will be good again. Do not have unprotected sex until then though. You are likely to still be contagious.

Last edited by mc7; 12-17-2012 at 12:39 PM.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #15
(male)

piccer HB User

Yes Mc7
but again...they checked my prostate and testicles with ultrasound and said everything is crystal clear ...(2 different doctors)...so it could still be epididymitis?..so is there any chance that they don't see it on the ultrasound?

my stools are not very good to be honest with you..and my posture is very bad when i sit..but again..i am sitting like this all my life..if thats the reason so why it came up exactly when im infected with chlamydia?

i have a test of chlamydia in three days...if this comes out as negative ..does that mean whatever i have is non infectious?...or not?

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-17-2012 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Unnecessary quote removed. Please use "Quick Reply" instead of "Quote Reply" unless necessary.

Closed Thread