It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 01:52 AM   #1
(male)

Popparty100 HB User
Sore penis

For the last year I have suffered from a red and saw penis (I'm not a virgin) and one day I decided to search it up and it said I could have a yeast infection and so I went to my doctors and he said it was just tight foreskin but I'm having greeny yellowy kind of fluids just under the helmet and I don't understand it stinks and whenever I wash it off it comes back in a matter of hours, I masturbate 2/3 times a day everyday...is it because of masturbation because I never had it before I started, please help me!

Old 01-07-2013, 03:33 AM   #2
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User
Re: Sore penis

First if the skin is tightening for no apparent reason, there's not much that could be besides a yeast infection. That shouldn't ever happen otherwise. (You didn't mention if there might be any further tightening taking place. Hopefully there isn't.)

Any discolored discharge like you mention is not normal and sounds like a very likely symptom of infection. White or yellowish discharge or a lot of smegma are all likely symptoms of yeast too. Greenish seems like bacteria, but I don't know about that really. (Bacterial and yeast infections may occur simultaneously.) I would see a doctor for this if it doesn't just clear up with better washing.

The bad smell you mention is probably the smell of keeping semen trapped under the skin for a long time. Over a period of many hours semen will decompose there without oxygen and smell fishy. This can also encourage an infection if there is one already. But it's really easy to prevent this by at least rinsing your penis off with water before going to bed (after masturbating) to keep the semen residue from decomposing in the urethra and under the foreskin. (It might seem unduly bothersome to have to make this effort, but it really takes only 10-30 seconds, which is a lot less effort than the proper ADA-recommended 2-minutes for brushing the teeth.)

Like I said, I would see a doctor if you have an infection now, but also note cranberry can help too and along with any antibiotics or antifungals a doctor prescribes. Cranberry has some anti-yeast properties. The unsweetened juices seem to be quite a bit more effective than the usual cocktails, but they're almost undrinkable without some kind of sweetener. (I like stevia for this.)

If there's ever an infection (of any sort), I would also avoid milk and cream (even 'non-dairy creamer') and other uncultured forms of dairy as they make it more difficult to overcome an infection. Ditto sweets.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #3
(male)

Popparty100 HB User

Thank you ever so much I understand now cos I thought once the semen has shot out that was it and my tight foreskin still comes back but only recently so I will stop masturbating for a week and see if it clears up cos it could be it composing...which makes sense...and I read not to use soap cos it's damaging?? And as I have only just started to be able to pull back my foreskin do you have any ideas on how to slacken the foreskin??

Old 01-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #4
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popparty100 View Post
I read not to use soap cos it's damaging?? And as I have only just started to be able to pull back my foreskin do you have any ideas on how to slacken the foreskin??
It seems like your doctor might think the skin tightness itself is all that caused your discomfort. But I think a discharge is a very likely sign of infection. After STDs, it's most often yeast that infects the genitals. (Does it itch? Ever? Are there any other symptoms? Has the skin been getting tighter?)

If it's just a minor yeast infection, it should clear up with better washing and making more of an effort to dry out the inner part of the penis (after washing it or just to dry out after masturbating). But a green discharge makes me think that's more likely bacterial. I would want to have a urine sample tested for common STDs if I ever had green discharge (or any color I guess). The other things I mentioned could help too.

Yes, soap could be terribly irritating but only for men with very sensitive inner penis skin. Guys with phimosis almost always have extremely sensitive inner skin (because it's only being exposed for the first time in adolescence or whenever they start stretching to retract it). You didn't say how tight your skin is.

It's really not difficult to keep the penis clean. After masturbating rinse all the semen off your penis off with water or a clean wet washcloth. If you do that well, then you might not ever need to use soap to keep your penis smelling fresh. The other option is to keep the skin retracted after masturbating and cleaning up. The little bit of residue still on the skin can then wipe off onto the underwear or other clothes without incident and without smelling.

I didn't mean you should quit masturbating. You can still masturbate as much as you like. You probably just need to clean yourself off better afterwards.

Closed Thread