It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #1
(male)

rastamouse HB User
Detached Frenulum ?!?!

Urgent advice required please.

Through excessive sex & masterbation (sometimes rough) we have noticed that the skin attached to my penis head has gradually been tearing away from the penis, it hasn't caused me much pain whilst having sex. The problem now is that the vein that runs on the surface of the skin usually attached to my penis is only being held on by a thread of skin surrounding it which looks as though it will 'snap' next time we have sex (or masturbate). I'm worried that this may result in a damaged penis, pain, or blood loss.

Is this condition classed as a 'detached frenulum'?
Has anyone had similar before?
Will the skin reattach to my penis head & be fully repaired?
How long will it take to repair?
What should I do if the vein breaks?
Should I consult my doctor or A&E if things get 'worse'?
Will I need surgery?

Thanks for your advice,
Eeek!

Last edited by Mod-S4; 02-04-2013 at 11:54 AM.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #2
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User
Re: Detached Frenulum ?!?!

You haven't described exactly what skin you're talking about enough for anyone to know what you're talking about. But I don't think you could have torn your frenulum without DEFINITELY knowing that you'd done it because it's incredibly painful. Do you know what part the frenulum is?

I think it sounds much more like you're describing either an adhesion (that's in the process of separating) or maybe phimosis (and you're tearing your skin?).

Does your foreskin retract? Do you know how foreskin is supposed to be able to move?

Last edited by mc7; 02-04-2013 at 06:30 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2013, 02:16 AM   #3
(male)

rastamouse HB User

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I'm aware the foreskin moves & retracts fully.
The 'skin' that I'm referring to is what surrounds / holds the small blood vein that is connected to the head of my penis.

The skin has now detached from the penis and the vein is hanging on my a thin 'thread' and looks as though it could break off imminently.

I've read elsewhere that if this breaks off fully, the foreskin will not cover the penis automatically - therefore I've converted from an "automatic" to a "manual".

Hope this makes sense.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:00 AM   #4
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User

Oh, I can say something about how the foreskin usually functions without a frenulum. The foreskin will still move to cover the penis (the taper causes most of that). But it won't be as tightly attached obviously. You must have had a tight frenulum before?

What it won't do without the frenulum is move out of the way of the penis automatically like it did with a functional frenulum. Without the frenulum, the foreskin can sometimes get in front of the glans in such a way that it gets bruised by the motion of the penis (which probably must necessarily be rapid). This looks like a bruised lip. (The foreskin is extremely vascularized like a lip.) I think you can avoid this pretty easily just by being aware that it can happen and consciously avoiding it. (And it doesn't hurt at the time that it's bruised, you might just notice it's a little swollen and tender afterward.)

There are only capillaries in the frenulum itself, but there are small veins beside the frenulum. Maybe the vein is swollen from some injury its received? I think the vein should probably stay inside the skin surrounding it, even if it detaches too. But I don't know. Obviously if it should begin bleeding uncontrollably, you'll have to have a doctor mend it. But I would guess you should be fine.

If it looked more hazardous than I'm acting like it is, you might be able to ask your doc about it on the phone (cheaply & easily).

Last edited by Mod-S4; 02-05-2013 at 05:26 PM.

Closed Thread