It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013, 01:09 PM   #1
(male)

Fjs23 HB User
19 years old phimosis

Any help here would be much appreciated.
I'm 19 years old and have known for a couple years I have phimosis. I can retract my foreskin when soft pretty easily but when I get hard it is painful to pull back past the head.
When having sex I can go for a long time however when it's pulled back with no condom i last only minutes.

I've seen my doctor for this once before over a year ago and he gave me steroid cream. It didn't help any. This time when I came back he recommended circumcision because the one cream he gave me didn't help. He's a pretty old school doc and I'd prefer not to get circumcised this Late in the game but I know my penis isn't normal.

Any help, insight, or other possible options would be greatly appreciated along with pros and cons of actually getting circumcised at 19 years old.

Thanks guys.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Fles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB User
Re: Phimosis and paraphimosis help

Fjs23: Steroid cream should be used in association with stretching exercises. You must be persistent and consistent with these exercises: do them every day for at least 10 minutes. It may take at least a month before you start to see improvement.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 02-05-2013 at 05:22 PM. Reason: Post moved to correct thread.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2013, 06:33 PM   #3
(male)

Fjs23 HB User

Where can I get steroid cream if doc won't prescribe it ?

Old 02-06-2013, 01:24 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Fles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB User
Re: 19 years old phimosis

Quote:
I've seen my doctor for this once before over a year ago and he gave me steroid cream. It didn't help any. This time when I came back he recommended circumcision because the one cream he gave me didn't help.
If your doctor won't accept that you want more steroid cream so that you can use it in association with stretching exercises, then the only alternative I can suggest is that you look for another doctor who will comply with your wishes. I don't suggest that you try to find non-medical sources for the cream as it is a powerful medication and needs to be applied strictly under a doctor's supervision.

In the meantime, you could do the stretching exercises as described in the Men's Health Message Board sticky without steroid cream. Those exercises have helped many guys achieve loose foreskins.

Old 02-22-2013, 06:02 PM   #5
(male)

boogabear HB Userboogabear HB Userboogabear HB User
Re: 19 years old phimosis

Some of us have had negative experiences with using steroid creams on the penis.
It is not something I would do again but try the stretching suggested by Fles otherwise see a urologist about removing the phimotic ring so you can retract without discomfort. But you need not feel uncomfortable about being cut at 19.
Men of all ages have made that decision but once gone, it is gone forever.

Old 02-27-2013, 03:47 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Geoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB User

Steroid creams make the skin easier to stretch. They won't do anything if you are not doing stretching exercises during the period of application. Strong, activated steroid creams are often avoided by doctors because they have side effects but for stretching you want the skin-thinning side effect. So you need the highly active Betamethasone in preference to the standard Hydrocortisone. It must be applied in a tiny smear on just the tight part. Most problems with it are due to putting on too much or to a fungal or yeast infection making the skin prone to tearing. Those sorts of infections can be cleared up with a tube of cream from a pharmacy designed for women's genital thrush infections. You have to stop stretching until the infection is gone.
See my instructions, a sticky near the top of the Men's Health board.
http://www.healthboards.com/boards/mens-health/178155-stretching-fix-tight-foreskin-phimosis.html#post1032915

Closed Thread