It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2003, 12:25 AM   #1
(female)

Just_me_again HB User
Exclamation Sooo Confused!

Okay, in augest i got my period for the first time. I was totally normal and lasted for 12 days(a long time!) But ever since i have just been spotting each month! I know its spotting because it is SOOO light(to the point i dont have to wear ANYTHING for it). I will get cramps and everything, even though im not ACTUALLY having my period! This sucks! Im sooo confused! I dont want to see a doctor! I just want my period to be normal! ANYTHING will help. thanx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2003, 01:55 AM   #2

SweetTemptation HB User
Dont worry. Periods can be very strange things. I dont remember what it was like my first few times of my period, but even now, my period still surprises me sometimes. It doesnt sound like anything is wrong with you. Dont worry about it. Just enjoy the fact that you dont have to fully deal with it yet :-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2003, 02:11 AM   #3
(female)

Just_me_again HB User
Ill try! I just want to be normal though! im the type of person who has to know when everything is going to happen, i have to have control of my life! and htis totally screws it up!

Old 11-17-2003, 03:50 AM   #4

SweetTemptation HB User
Yeah, well just give it some time. It will take a while for your body to adjust and get on a set schedule. Like I said, I have had my period for over 7 years and I am still not on a consistent schedule. But I have learned enough about my body now that I dont have to go by a date, I can feel when it is coming, so I can be prepared lol. All of your posts are completely normal things. It just takes some time getting used to it all, and eventually it will become routine.

Old 11-19-2003, 06:10 AM   #5

Paulski HB User
A lot of things can cause a period to change month to month, stress, anxiety, a change in daily life, anything relatively dramatic. It is pretty weird, maybe try to eliminate some of the stress and anxiety in your life and see what happens, maybe it'll help out.

Old 11-20-2003, 11:45 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User
Re: Sooo Confused!

Since you just started, I wouldn't stress.....Periods are really wacky when you first start

Old 11-21-2003, 01:04 AM   #7

dollluvsjohn HB User

hey dont worry too much weh I first started my period I did the same thing every month ecept mine was like one week spotting next week not next week spotting etc. Went on like that for almost a year. you will get used to it just always keep your self prepared. Trust me it is normal there is nothing weird about it. When My friend got hers she had it then didnt have another one for almost three months and then the same hting happened with spotting and such so dont worry too much!! And hey who knows you may end up being one of the lucky few who get to have light periods all there life. Oh how I envy those girls. Keep smiling it will be okay!!

Old 11-21-2003, 09:58 PM   #8
(female)

Just_me_again HB User

thanx for the help. but my period came back this wednesday! yay! lol, its not everyday some ones happy about there period

Old 11-23-2003, 11:20 AM   #9

dollluvsjohn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_me_again
thanx for the help. but my period came back this wednesday! yay! lol, its not everyday some ones happy about there period
ya there are only about two reasons you would be happy for your period!! EIther becuase you were experiencing what you were experiencing or else you thought you might be pregnant. Lol its crazy!! Thats good though I am glad to hear it!!

Closed Thread