It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2003, 12:47 PM   #1

anonyms85 HB User
Unhappy please help

hey i dont know if this is to personal but im gonna talk about it anyway

for the past 2 months i been having my menstruation its been none stop
ive been to the doctor and they keep running test and they say that i have dub(disfunctional utrine bleeding or something) and they gave me contraceptives and nothings working so i was just wondering if anyone knows excatly what dub is and if so can u let me know i also wanted to know how serious it is should i be concerned?

Last edited by anonyms85; 11-21-2003 at 09:31 AM.

Old 11-20-2003, 02:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User
Re: this is kinda personal

a few months!? OMG when i was a teen I had a period last about 16 days once and I thought I was going to die!....I cannot imagine a few months!

I'd suggest if the contraceptives they've given you aren't working....that you go back in and ask to try a different brand and see if that would help

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2003, 10:47 PM   #3

wondertwin44 HB User

My sister had something like that. They kept giving her differant brands of birth control pills and it wasn't working. She's been getting the Depro shot and isn't bleeding anymore.
Game over. I had to accept the fact that in life some women are simply better and no amount of shoes or lack of pastry or making of pies will change that. I will never be the woman with the perfect hair who can wear white and not spill on it and chair committees and write thank you notes. And I can't feel bad about that.
Carrie, ~SATC~

Old 11-20-2003, 11:45 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Ms Harriet HB User

be wary of the depo shot!!!
i say this after gaining 40 pounds while on it
it causes loss of bone density(regained later though)
among other things
talk 2 ur dr!

Old 11-21-2003, 09:26 AM   #5

anonyms85 HB User

thanks for ur replys.............but now im getting serious pelvic pains its not cramps but its lik really sharp pains it last for about 2 min then goes away its like off and on very painful.........anyone know why

Old 11-21-2003, 12:23 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User

Pains? I'd definately go back to your doctor and get checked out

Old 11-23-2003, 10:29 AM   #7

dollluvsjohn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergirl
be wary of the depo shot!!!
i say this after gaining 40 pounds while on it
it causes loss of bone density(regained later though)
among other things
talk 2 ur dr!
you really should avoid the depo at all costs!! if you use it for too long you can make yourself completly infetile!! My cousin got it and when she did they tested her an she was 100% fertile. After about a year and a half she went off it ans waited a year and then trie *** have a child and couldnt so she went to the doctor and when they tested her she was only 22% fertile!! and that was after only about a year and a half!! Way scary. Also when she went off it her periods were so weird tyhey would go on for a month and then she wouldnt have one!! it was weird!! anyway I know thats off the subject but i really woudl avoid it the best I could!!

Closed Thread