It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2003, 04:48 PM   #1

that^girl HB User
period for formal. Not cool

ok, i'm almost crying here. Ummm i have my formal coming up this wednesday and.... i know im due to have my period. my dress is light metallic blue. I'm so scared to sit down and have some major red stain on my dress. We'll be sitting most of the night. The actual formal goes for 3 and a half hours. i'm even annoyed that i'll have my period then because i dont want it to restrict any fun i have and i dont want to be feeling period pain. its just bringing the whole night down for me. i know theres really nothing i can do... or that anyone else can do for that matter. I dunno. maybe i thought id feel better 'talking' about it. I *really* dont want to have my period for my formal. I haven't got it yet but i KNOW its coming. Hopefully it wont be on the 2nd or 3rd day of my period so its generally not as bad on the night.
Argh!!!
What to do?
:'(
that^girl

Old 11-22-2003, 06:58 PM   #2
Veteran

strand3d HB User
Re: period for formal. Not cool

The first thing you can do is wear a tampon instead of a pad. And make sure you change it right before you leave for the dance. Chances are it won't leak at all. If you haven't used a tampon before give it a try. They're very simple to use and safe, you shouldn't have a problem with them. Make sure that you drink plently of water and take a couple advil's or midol's before you go to prom to kill your period pain. Before you know it, you won't even realize you're on your period.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-22-2003, 07:06 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Ms Harriet HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by strand3d
The first thing you can do is wear a tampon instead of a pad. And make sure you change it right before you leave for the dance. Chances are it won't leak at all. If you haven't used a tampon before give it a try. They're very simple to use and safe, you shouldn't have a problem with them. Make sure that you drink plently of water and take a couple advil's or midol's before you go to prom to kill your period pain. Before you know it, you won't even realize you're on your period.

good advice. and if youre really really worried about a big red stain then wear the tampon and one of those little pads too just to be safe. have fun!

Old 11-25-2003, 04:29 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

LiveYourDreams HB User

Wear a tampon and a little pantyliner and check the pantyliner often if you're that worried.

Old 11-26-2003, 08:51 AM   #5
Inactive

swingline HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by that^girl
ok, i'm almost crying here. Ummm i have my formal coming up this wednesday and.... i know im due to have my period. my dress is light metallic blue. I'm so scared to sit down and have some major red stain on my dress. We'll be sitting most of the night. The actual formal goes for 3 and a half hours. i'm even annoyed that i'll have my period then because i dont want it to restrict any fun i have and i dont want to be feeling period pain. its just bringing the whole night down for me. i know theres really nothing i can do... or that anyone else can do for that matter. I dunno. maybe i thought id feel better 'talking' about it. I *really* dont want to have my period for my formal. I haven't got it yet but i KNOW its coming. Hopefully it wont be on the 2nd or 3rd day of my period so its generally not as bad on the night.
Argh!!!
What to do?
:'(
that^girl
wear a tampon, a pad and 3 pairs of panties. hot. You should be fine then!!

Closed Thread