It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2003, 06:22 PM   #1

dollluvsjohn HB User
I Need Help!! No One To Turn To!!

i know you guys are sick of htis question but I am new and scared and needed a few answers. I would go to a doctor but I just got a new job so I cant go until my insurance falls into effect in january..... anyway I am having some questions about whether or not I am pregnant. I started my period november 4 and ended on nov 11. My boyfriend and I (he's 19 I am 20) have had sex pretty much everynight since then. We dont use condoms becuase eh doesnt liek them and they make me itch for days afterwards. so we use the pull out method I think thats what it is called. And I havent been on the pill because I cant go to the doctor yet. The other day (friday nov 21) i started taking a daily viatmin because I have felt tired and havent been getting the right nutrients I need. I realized today that the vitamins have a sexual enhancer in them so I stopped taking them. But starting yesterday my breasts felt tender and sore. Worse than usual for the week before my period. Then I started having accessive cramping in my lower abdomen and now I am having back pains. I havent felt sick in the morning or anything but I have been hungrier than usual and then when I do eat I cant eat very much! Also before all this I would urinate maybe once a day now I have to urinate atleast once an hour!! Anyway what I was wondering is if these are signs of pregnancy or if it could just be a mix of my starting in a week and also trying a new vitamin? Any help I can get woud be very helpful!! I know you guys are sick of us "kids" coming on here and asking this question but I dont know where else to go. My parents arent very understanding when it comes to pregnancy out of wedlock. And like I said before I cant go to a doctor so any help I cant get will be great thanks

EMTDOLL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2003, 06:30 PM   #2
(female)

hhsix HB User
Re: I Need Help!! No One To Turn To!!

After being pregnant, having my daughter, & then trying to conceive for the last 7 yrs, I have discovered that ANY early sign of pg can also be a sign of PMS. It's awful, no matter which you wish it to be, but it's true.

I would suggest taking a home pg test, then going to a clinic. Even if they charge you for it, it's usually a minimal amount, especially since your ins hasn't kicked in yet. They base their amount to charge on your income, usually. I think I'd start there, they did me a world of good 10 yrs ago.....& they've probably evolved since then to be even better. Good luck!

Old 11-24-2003, 07:05 PM   #3

CeeJay1 HB User
Cool Re: I Need Help!! No One To Turn To!!

Hi EMT,

I agree with the first poster I would take a home pregnancy test and would be getting myself off to a clinic asap. For peace of mind if nothing else. I dont know what doctor's charges are like in the USA - cause I dont live there - but even if it is high - surely it is better to know and have peace of mind - than keep stressing yourself out till January??????

As for birth control for you - dont they have family planning clinics or similar in the USA. I know that we do here - and that girls can go there and get seen by a doctor - for a very small fee and can be placed on the pill without their parents or normal doctor being told.

If you guys are having sex - you really need to be using at least some form of protection - to prevent STD's if nothing else.

As for your boyfriend not liking condoms - I wouldnt accept that for one minute - stick up for yourself - you're the one that carries the risk of getting pregnant not him - he has it free and easy if you do get pregnant.

Tell him that if there is no condom there is NO SEX - that seems more than reasonable and fair to me - dont use the pull out method - as others have posted here it is NOT fool proof or SAFE

As for your itching with using a condom - well that could be an allergy to whatever the condom is made out of - try different brands - and ones that are made out of different material to see whether that helps.

Im no expert on the pregancy issue - I would suggest you read the sticky at the top of the board - and if you are still unsure get yourself to a doctor - dont wait - and dont stress out unecessarily.

All the best

CeeJay

Old 11-24-2003, 07:23 PM   #4
(female)

hhsix HB User

Good post!

I'd also like to add that even if you have no money right now & there is no free or financial-based clinic where you are, most Dr's offices will work with you on payment so you can go ahead & be seen. Just let them know when you call & let them know you can only pay $10.00, or $20.00 or whatever amount per month until it's paid. They are usually pretty generous when you let them know up front like that.

Old 11-24-2003, 08:50 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

First off, using the pull-out method should only be used by people who wouldn't be too upset with a pregnancy. It is NOT reliable. (Had to get that off my chest). As for the condoms, you may also be experiencing a reaction to the spermicide, try some without. But don't let him sucker you with the "boo hoo, I don't like them" garbage. I'd like to hear what he'd say if you had to tell him you're pregnant...

Unfortunately, it's probably too late this cycle to be worrying about 'getting' pregnant, but NEXT cycle, if you are lucky enough to not be, get your pill, make him wear a condom, or don't have sex (unless you're really like to gamble, or enjoy this stress).

As for all your symptoms, it really is a little early for all that, your fear might be making you
hyper-sensitive... no point in freaking until you know for sure. Go buy a home pregnancy test, read the instructions regarding how soon you can take it to get reliable results, and then take it. Not much else you can do...

Old 11-24-2003, 09:38 PM   #6

dollluvsjohn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisby
First off, using the pull-out method should only be used by people who wouldn't be too upset with a pregnancy. It is NOT reliable. (Had to get that off my chest). As for the condoms, you may also be experiencing a reaction to the spermicide, try some without. But don't let him sucker you with the "boo hoo, I don't like them" garbage. I'd like to hear what he'd say if you had to tell him you're pregnant...

Unfortunately, it's probably too late this cycle to be worrying about 'getting' pregnant, but NEXT cycle, if you are lucky enough to not be, get your pill, make him wear a condom, or don't have sex (unless you're really like to gamble, or enjoy this stress).

As for all your symptoms, it really is a little early for all that, your fear might be making you
hyper-sensitive... no point in freaking until you know for sure. Go buy a home pregnancy test, read the instructions regarding how soon you can take it to get reliable results, and then take it. Not much else you can do...
Thanks I guess I should clarify that I am nto SCARED to be pregnant.... I am scared of my family if i am pregnant and scared that my being sick and taing those vitamins might effect something with the baby!! I am sorry I should have been more specific. I talked ot my bf and tol dhim I was worried and he said that we will start using condoms but i cnat do the pill becaus eit makes me sick and I have heard bad things about the depo shot!! thanks for your concern and i appreciate evryones posts. You are right Thisby the pull out method is not very reliable!! thanks for your help I will cross my fingers and pray that everything is okay.

thanks again

Old 11-25-2003, 03:08 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

If latex condoms bother you, try one of the plastic types or, if HIV/HSV is not at issue, the natural skin type might work well.

Old 11-25-2003, 04:29 PM   #8
Inactive

serenity111 HB User

GUARANTEED---if you kep on using the pull-out method, you eventually will become pregnant! the most fertile time of the month is around 14 days after your period, give or take a day. so if you had it on the 4th, your body would be ovulating around the 18th. i would definately take a home pregnacy test, just for piece of mind. alot of times when we get stressed that we are pregnant, or think about it too much, our period usually comes late!!!! it's a phycological thing. is there a planned parenthood where you live? you can get birth control for FREE! that's why they have clinics like these, for people in your situation. good luck to you..........

Closed Thread