It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2003, 08:55 PM   #1

krash8765 HB User
Exclamation what to do?

Hi ive had a steady girlfriend and recently we were having sex when the condom broke. But i felt it and i took it out immediately after. But i also did not orgasm. Should I be worried?

Last edited by krash8765; 11-30-2003 at 03:33 PM.

Old 11-29-2003, 09:52 PM   #2
Inactive

serenity111 HB User
Re: what to do?

you can still get pregnant even if you did not ejaculate! pre-*** has sperm in it. also it would be helpful if you know where her cycle was, at that time. chances are far higher risk if you had sex between 10-15 days after her period. it is scary anytime a condom breaks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2003, 05:25 AM   #3

looby_loo HB User

You should make sure that she is aware of the risk. After all, it's her that could be in trouble aswell!

Old 11-30-2003, 09:49 AM   #4

krash8765 HB User

i mean what are the chances of getting a girl pregnant on this situation? because im sure i didnt ejaculate inside her?

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-01-2003 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Please note edit to your post.

Old 11-30-2003, 10:29 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User

You cant control pre ejaculate and that can put her at risk for pregnancy.
Your best bet is she still has time is to get some Emergency Contraception. It has to be taken within 72 hours of the accident and it works to prevent pregnancy.
If you are out of that time frame then she and you are just going to have to play the waiting game until her period is due. If it is late have her take a home pregnancy test.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 11-30-2003, 10:59 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

ECP does not HAVE to be taken within 72 hours. It's best if you do because it's most effective within that time, but it's still prescribed and she should take it if she wants to reduce her chances, instead of just crossing her fingers...

Old 11-30-2003, 11:11 AM   #7

krash8765 HB User

thats true it can be taken within 120 hours and it happened wednesday night so tommorrow im gonna go to planned parenthood and they will test her and she can get a morning after pill. but another question. if the pregnancy test is positive then can u still take the pill? what other options do u have?

Old 11-30-2003, 12:55 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
options

If she tests positive for pregnancy, sorry, but ECP does not do anything if she's already pregnant. And the options - if she is - are pretty limited: the abortion pill (if available), an abortion, or have the baby...

Old 11-30-2003, 02:47 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

I personally don't think you should be worried. The odds of getting pregnant this way are practically nil. Only, possibly, if you were near orgasm might there be any sperm in your precum, and if you produce little or not precum, I don't see how there could be sufficient sperm left inside her to cause a pregnancy. If, OTOH, you produce lots of precum, the odds might be a tad higher, but still pretty low.

It takes a decent glob of semen to fend off the female's defenses and make it all the way to an egg. Another risk factor, I should add, would be the number of days since her last period -- females are typically most fertile 14 days before their next period.

To conclude, the risk is not exactly zero, so, since you must think you are mature enough to be having sex, you must use that maturity to decide what to do now.

Old 11-30-2003, 02:52 PM   #10

krash8765 HB User

thanyou magnetic it will be the fifth and final day tomorrow to get her an morning after pill and she will talk to a planned parenthood docter and see if she needs one. but i also checked the condom after sex and it didnt even have any pre *** in it so i think i will be fine but thanyou for the info.

Closed Thread