It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2003, 01:53 PM   #1

j2003 HB User
seriously speaking...

how likely is it for a girl to get pregnant if you "pull out" before you ejaculate inside of her. i mean i know it's always a chance with protection or not, but i mean there are couples who try and try to have babies for years and can't. not because there is some problem with the mans sperm or the the womans cervix or ovaries or whatever else, just because it doesn't happen right away. so can the risk of preganancy from pulling out really be THAT high? i just want a serious answer, not something that will scare me in to wearing 5 condoms everytime i do it.

Old 12-02-2003, 03:06 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User
Re: seriously speaking...

No exact figures are available, but the odds are fairly low. What is your risk tolerance? Remember, even a 5% chance gives 1 in 20 odds of getting her pregnant. So, by the time you have sex with her 20 times she will be pregnant. Decide what you think the odds are (probably 1 to 5%) and decide if it is worth the risk. Decide if that risk is worth not wearing a condom.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2003, 03:32 PM   #3

krash8765 HB User

ya j2003 I just started having sex and I now know that a condom is not even enough for me and I wont even have sex until my girlfriend is on birth control. It depends how old you are and how you would be able to handle a baby but if your in high school i would suggest you be as careful as possible because having a baby at such a young age in my opinion can ruin your whole life.

Old 12-02-2003, 04:14 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

4given1 HB User

I'm not a teen, but I had to reply to this post, as I'm carrying a baby conceived this way! The withdrawal method is NOT reliable; please use another form of birth control!

Old 12-02-2003, 05:02 PM   #5

littleashleylou HB User

i wouldnt trust the "pull out" i mean ther is still a chance and that should be more than you are willing to risk i would be protected if i were you but im not allowed to tell ya what to do or give you "how to's" on this site but dont take the chance

love
littleashleylou

Old 12-02-2003, 06:00 PM   #6

ItailanRDer HB User

Ok what if this....since I am in High school and really want to have sex but I am so worried that I am going to get pregnant(like have this bad feeling its weird) But anyways I know that if you go on birth control plus use a condom you still have a very slight chance of getting pregnant but what if he pulls out of me while having sex as well....now what are the chances? Should I be safe then? Thanks!

Old 12-02-2003, 10:00 PM   #7

ShyAwkwardFella HB User

Even if you pull out theres a chance of some leaking out before hand because a man can natural add some lubrication and that may contain some sperm in it before he comes.

Also, I'd hope you really trust that guy and he knows what it feels like because I think the urge if for guys to keep it in rather than pull it out.

Old 12-02-2003, 10:53 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetic
No exact figures are available, but the odds are fairly low. What is your risk tolerance? Remember, even a 5% chance gives 1 in 20 odds of getting her pregnant. So, by the time you have sex with her 20 times she will be pregnant. Decide what you think the odds are (probably 1 to 5%) and decide if it is worth the risk. Decide if that risk is worth not wearing a condom.
Usually, statistics on success or failure rates of particular methods of birth control are given over a period of a year, not in numbers of uses. So when the FDA says the withdrawal method has a 'typical use' failure rate of 19%, they mean that if you use that method for a year, you will have a 1 in 5 chance of becoming a father.

I, personally, wouldn't risk it with those odds...

Closed Thread