It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2003, 08:04 AM   #1

annabanana01 HB User
Another precum question.

I've searched this site and many others to find a definite answer as to whether precum contains sperm or not. I've found many, many answers. My main question is: If a guy urinates before getting aroused and having precum, does that mean sperm won't be in it, or is that just a myth?
My boyfriend and I were messing around at my house and he had urinated before we started doing anything. I was giving him a blow job and licked off all of the precum. Then we played around some more and he put his penis on my **** and stuff. (But he never put it in me) I had already licked most (if not all) of the precum off. This was about a week before my period was supposed to start. (It's a few days late.) I have had a cold, though, and I'm definitely stressing over this, so that might be why it's late. I can't be pregnant, can I?

Old 12-07-2003, 08:25 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrNice HB User
Re: Another precum question.

While it isn't likely that you are pregnant from what you did, you can become pregnant from pre-ejaculate. Urinating or wiping off the pre-ejaculate before coming in contact with your genitals is not the answer as the guy wil continue to produce and release pre-ejaculate which can contain sperm. To be safe the guy should wear a condom anytime there is a chance that his fluids will come in contact with your vagina.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2003, 04:00 AM   #3

annabanana01 HB User

How likely is it, though? I still haven't gotten my period.... And I had never heard that a guy continues to produce more and more pre-ejaculate. Does he?

Last edited by annabanana01; 12-08-2003 at 04:01 AM.

Old 12-08-2003, 06:22 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User

Pre-ejaculate starts during or soon after the erection is achieved and continues right up to actual ejaculation occurs. So like Mr.Nice said wiping doesnt help.
There is a chance and your best bet is tot ake a pregnancy test.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 12-09-2003, 11:25 PM   #5

relient still HB User

just for the record, precum does in fact contain sperm. However, its is highly unlikely that you are pregnant from what you did. Sperm are not altogether that versatile. They need some help. Like as in (the man sticking his penis inside of the woman's vagina and then ejaculating) kind of help. However, I am not saying that there isnt a possiblity that you are pregnant, just not a very high one. Again, your best bet is a pregnancy test and a little more caution next time around.

Old 12-10-2003, 12:26 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

orion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by relient still
just for the record, precum does in fact contain sperm.
For the record, precum does NOT contain sperm. Sperm remain in the testicle area until a few seconds before ejaculation. Recent tests show this conclusively.

At any rate it takes a minimum of 5 million sperm delivered at the cervix to achieve pregnancy and the chances of that many sperm in precum deposited at the vaginal opening swimming to the cervix is zero.

Old 12-11-2003, 05:43 PM   #7

annabanana01 HB User

Well, I still haven't had my period and it's over a week late. This is probably stress, but who can tell for sure? I'm taking a pregnancy test tomorrow. You're the only one I've heard say that sperm isn't contained in pre-ejaculate. Do you have proof of this? Websites or any books I can read? It would be appreciated. I realize you can't post some of this online, but if you could, would you email it to me at [deleted]? That would be great!

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-11-2003 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Email address NOT allowed on the healthboards.

Old 12-11-2003, 09:48 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

orion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB User

A study in Boston, Massachusetts, and another study in New York City examined samples of pre ejaculate fluid from HIV seropositive and HIV seronegative men to determine whether HIV was or was not present in pre ejaculate fluid. The researchers found macrophages and CD4 lymphocytes in most samples, indicating that HIV was present. The more significant finding, however, was that most pre ejaculate samples did not contain any sperm and those that did had only small clumps of a very small amount of sperm which seemed to be immobile.

Contracept Technol Update. 1993 Oct;14(10):154-6. "Researchers find no sperm in pre-ejaculate fluid."

There are several research papers showing no sperm in precum, unless there was a previous ejaculation.

Closed Thread