It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2003, 01:44 PM   #1

nikki28 HB User
Tampon stuck!

My sister had a tampon stuck and didnt realize it until after she had sex and discovered a bad odor so she had to go to the doctor to get it out. I think i have the same problem because i have an odor that wont go away no matter what i do. I tried to stick my finger up there to see if i could get it out but i dont feel anything. Is there any other way to get it out besides going to the doctor? i mean that would be too embarresing

Old 12-08-2003, 02:01 PM   #2

aMuse HB User
Re: Tampon stuck!

Just curious. But how did you manage to get the tampon stuck in you? Did you just forget it was up there? And how could you forget such a thing. I would go to the doctor to see about the odor for one thing, and then he can find out if there is a tampon. happy hunting.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-08-2003, 10:08 PM   #3
Veteran

strand3d HB User

Don't be embarrased to go to the doctor for any reason, they've seen a lot more nasty stuff than an old tampon. There can be many reasons why you have a bad odor, you might have an infection. So go to the doctor, if it is a tampon it needs to be removed ASAP otherwise you can get an infection from that too.

Old 12-08-2003, 10:57 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

surrealmeal HB User

Well yes, there is a way to get a lost tampon out without seeing a doctor, but, like the other posters said, going to the doctor is the best thing to do. I won't give the details but i was in a similiar situation. It got very far up so that i couldn't feel even the string. It freaked me out. I thought "Oh please god don't make me have to go to the doctor about this!"

I took a nice warm bath, and not only did it calm me down, but it helped me get the tampon out: The water from the bath, ahem, got up in there, and weighed the tampon down so that i was able to reach it and get it out. I shouldn't have freaked out. I was aware of the tampon the whole time and it had only been in there for about an hour. The blood flow most likely would have done the same effect as the bath (weighing the tampon down). I'm not sure about your situation though. It sounds like its been in there for a while so, once again, you should definitely get it checked out.

Old 12-08-2003, 11:09 PM   #5

Gurl25 HB User

wow...Now i'm scared to use a tampon...I haven't tried one in my life...but I was thinking of putting one, b/c i have a christmas party coming up, and new years party as well...and my period will come any time between them ... I'm so annoyed

Old 12-09-2003, 12:14 AM   #6

pretty_cannibal HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurl25
wow...Now i'm scared to use a tampon...I haven't tried one in my life...but I was thinking of putting one, b/c i have a christmas party coming up, and new years party as well...and my period will come any time between them ... I'm so annoyed

Hey don't get discouraged! Tampons are convenient and comfortable and the situation in this post is very uncommon. It basically only happens if you have sex with a tampon in. (it happened to a friend of mine--she says that she had had a few too many drinks and got "carried away".) haha, people are a strange breed. But anyway, don't be scared to use one. They are your friend.

Old 12-09-2003, 08:54 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

LiveYourDreams HB User

Gurl, pretty_cannibal is right! Tampons are your friend! It was so nice when I switched from pads to tampons. You feel, well..free! Haha. Pads felt like I was wearing a diaper. Tampons are so much better...and they rarely get stuck so don't be afraid to use them!

Last edited by LiveYourDreams; 12-09-2003 at 08:54 AM.

Old 12-09-2003, 11:03 PM   #8

Gurl25 HB User

allright girls, I will take your advices, and i will try to put one on next time I get my period.. ahhh Now I'm more relaxed Thanks

Old 12-10-2003, 01:16 PM   #9

butterfly02 HB User

i dont see how ne 1 can get a tampon stuck up there when i use one i can only push it in so far then i wont go ne further pluss it hurts how could this happen?

Old 12-10-2003, 01:45 PM   #10

nikki28 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hottie_angel69me
i dont see how ne 1 can get a tampon stuck up there when i use one i can only push it in so far then i wont go ne further pluss it hurts how could this happen?

Well how it happened was i forgot i put one in and had sex afterwards. I did check with my hand to see if i could feel it up there and i couldnt so it just must be an infection. I did douche and it helped the smell ALOT

Old 12-10-2003, 02:35 PM   #11

aMuse HB User

forgive my ignorance. what is douche?

Old 12-12-2003, 01:10 PM   #12

krazyboy_w HB User
Question Re: Tampon stuck!

How does one forget that a tampon is inside them? Can't you feel it? I am not trying to be funny but just curious. Also, is it possible to have sex with a tampon stuck inside you? A friend of mine got toxic shock from inserting a new tampon on top of an old one...I dont understand.

PS--I am a guy. Please be gentle with me.

Old 12-12-2003, 02:20 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User

Granted you posted this a few days ago I hope you got it figured out

Douche is basically cleaning the inside of your vagina out with water and sometimes some other agents....

As for feeling it, krazy if it's in properly a female won't feel it at all, though I've never had sex with a tampon in, I had an aquantaince raped while she was on her period.....my guess is the tampon just gets smashed up as high as it possibly can go......

Old 12-15-2003, 11:58 AM   #14

nikki28 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota
Granted you posted this a few days ago I hope you got it figured out

Douche is basically cleaning the inside of your vagina out with water and sometimes some other agents....

As for feeling it, krazy if it's in properly a female won't feel it at all, though I've never had sex with a tampon in, I had an aquantaince raped while she was on her period.....my guess is the tampon just gets smashed up as high as it possibly can go......
yes you can feel a tampon up there my sister had it happen to her where she forgot she had one in and had sex afterwards and by having sex it pushed it farther up and she had to go to the gynocologist to get it out. The gynocologist said it happens alot

Old 12-22-2003, 06:48 PM   #15

dollluvsjohn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki28
yes you can feel a tampon up there my sister had it happen to her where she forgot she had one in and had sex afterwards and by having sex it pushed it farther up and she had to go to the gynocologist to get it out. The gynocologist said it happens alot
Sounds to me like the best way to avoid this is to refrain from sex on your period!! While I have heard it cna do wonders for cramps most guys I know are grossed out by the fact of having sex with a girl who is havinng a visit fromher dear AF!! Also many girls I know dont even like to be touched while they are on their periods (me included) but hey like someone earlier posted humans are an interesting breed.

Still I would definitely get it checked out!! Also I heard that to doueche is not such a good idea that it can cause infections of its own is that true??

Good luck with your situation.

Closed Thread