It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2003, 03:05 PM   #1

Bustress Brown HB User
Arrow Protective Fience

I am in love with this guy we are only 2 months apart and we are just at the peek of adults. We have been together for a while, just the last few months due to money, car issues and living issues we havn't seen much of eachother. Last month I went back home to visit my family. Everything was fine, till I got in trouble and my father put me on restriction while i was there. (sensitive family) I got back home to him and scence then I havnt seen him yet. The car fell threw, new jobs, school, and money is not all that great.

Anyway, he always is asking where I'm goin. I fret to go to the stores sometimes thinking he is going to get bad. He never wants me to go anywhere. Always is calling me and when we arguee and I hang up he always is calling back. I can't really eve talk to guys, and if I do he gets all jelious. He knows everyone of my friends and there numbers, so no matter where I got he calls, and he drives them crazy.

I'm afraid to tell him what it makes me and them feel like, what should I do. I'm getting married to him in a few months.

Old 12-14-2003, 09:27 PM   #2
(female)

hhsix HB User
Re: Protective Fience

1st of all, marrying him will NOT change him. Don't go into this thinking it will get better. If he's possesive now, marriage will most likely make HIM think he's got even more of a right to be this way.

It's already apparently driving you nuts, not to mention your friends. I would think long & hard before walking down the aisle. Is this how you want the rest of your life to be? Will you always have to look over your shoulder or hope he doesn't find out you said hi to an old male friend? If you go shopping with friends & come back an hour later than you said you would, is he going to be calling every number in your address book looking for you?

You have a lot of pros & cons to weigh, I hope things turn out alright for you & you find some happiness whichever way you decide to go.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2003, 05:58 PM   #3

Bustress Brown HB User

You are thanked so much. I have been struggling on this situation. Today has not been great he is still at work and I've been in tears all day but i think i may not call him tonight, an just think. Thank you so much!

Keep the help coming, please!?!?!?!?!?

:-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhsix
1st of all, marrying him will NOT change him. Don't go into this thinking it will get better. If he's possesive now, marriage will most likely make HIM think he's got even more of a right to be this way.

It's already apparently driving you nuts, not to mention your friends. I would think long & hard before walking down the aisle. Is this how you want the rest of your life to be? Will you always have to look over your shoulder or hope he doesn't find out you said hi to an old male friend? If you go shopping with friends & come back an hour later than you said you would, is he going to be calling every number in your address book looking for you?

You have a lot of pros & cons to weigh, I hope things turn out alright for you & you find some happiness whichever way you decide to go.

Old 12-15-2003, 06:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

I agree. If he is this abusive now, things WILL get worse after marriage. Please, call of the wedding. You do not deserve to be treated this way. Don't let him force you into a marriage you don't want. I think you still have some growing up to do yourself, so please don't ruin things by getting married to someone who only wants to dominate you and destroy your relationship with your friends. You need to concentrate on your school right now so you can have a decent life and not be dependent upon an abusive man.

Closed Thread