It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2003, 04:40 PM   #1

McDaps HB User
Scar

So I have this scar type thing from the top of my dick to almost the bottom of the shaft (on the back side ). I dunno how it got there, but it seems to be a scar. Its not a big problem or anything im just curious of how it might of got there? But its weird because it goes all the way down the back and connects at the top where that piece of skin connects to the head of the penis. .

Old 12-15-2003, 07:52 PM   #2

yucky-elephant HB User
Re: Scar

hey don't worry man, i've got the same thing kinda, its not really a scar on me though, its kinda a ...welp lookin thing, but nothing to worry about, you aren't alone

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2003, 07:33 AM   #3
(male)

confused20 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by yucky-elephant
hey don't worry man, i've got the same thing kinda, its not really a scar on me though, its kinda a ...welp lookin thing, but nothing to worry about, you aren't alone
Hey that kinda sounds like what I just asked about. I have the same type of thing, only mines is moist and sticky. Do u guys have the same problem?

Old 12-16-2003, 09:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User

Let me guess: You're all circumsized?

What, you didn't think it'd leave a mark?

Old 12-17-2003, 02:19 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User

We've all got that "scar" and it has a name but I've forgotten it. This is the left over mark from when cells were dividing while we were in the womb and became male. Nothing to worry about at all. If you trace it, you'll find that it goes down the shaft of your penis, through the middle of your scrotum and down near the anus.

Old 12-17-2003, 05:59 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrin

What, you didn't think it'd leave a mark?
Since when does a circumcision scar go from the frenulum to the base of the penis. That would be one wacky foreskin! LOL.

Old 12-17-2003, 06:10 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User

It's a good thing I read that post properly

Old 12-18-2003, 09:13 AM   #8
Veteran
(male)

sdp HB User

I believe it's the the genital raphe the guy is talking about.

Old 12-19-2003, 12:44 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Geoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrin
I know you have corrected your misreading of the original post but in fact they are definitely intact (uncircumcised) as circumcision removes the raphe from the frenulum down to the circumcision scar. I agree with SDP it is the raphe. I understood it is a line which is a remant of the reclosure of what would have become the vagina had we been girls. The Intactivism site defines it as "The "seam" up the underside of the penis (actually running all the way from the anus to the urinary meatus), where the urethra closed up before birth." That site even has pictures but I can't post a link to it here. The raphe is just a quirk of human embryology, a remnant of how our genitals formed.

Old 12-28-2003, 09:15 PM   #10

mark03 HB User

i hava q about actual circ scars. are they really normal bc i hav tan skin, and mine is pretty dark and wider is some spots than others. is that normal?

Old 12-29-2003, 01:05 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

Geoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark03
i hava q about actual circ scars. are they really normal bc i hav tan skin, and mine is pretty dark and wider is some spots than others. is that normal?
Some circumcisions were done with a device called the Gomco clamp. I believe it leaves a scar that is very much darker than the normal penile skin. Uneven circumcisions are a quite common complication of the operation but shouldn't be.

Closed Thread