It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2003, 05:23 PM   #1

qwerty1234 HB User
confused about condoms

where can you buy condoms without drawing a lot of attention with people? like can you get them at a pharmacy? and do you have to be a certain age to purchase them? and.....uhh.....how do you use it, like what kind of lubricant, and how do you get them on??

Old 12-15-2003, 05:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User
Re: confused about condoms

there are directions in the box as to how to use the condoms.

where to buy them? any pharmacy/grocerystore/target/walmart etc.....I like going to my grocery store that's operated by kroger because I can 'check' myself out so I don't have to deal with anyone. (yeah I maybe an adult but I prefer it this way hehe)

As for age limits I don't believe there are any and I don't think anyone would question someone who is buying them....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-16-2003, 09:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User

Without drawing a lot of attention to yourself...

Well you could always get your mom to buy them for you.

Let me point out that by trying to not draw attention to yourself, YOU WILL DRAW ATTENTION TO YOURSELF. Who cares? That's like someone being afraid to go buy toilet paper because they don't want the cashier to think about them taking a poop. Give me a break. Natural Bodily Function. Get over it.

Old 12-17-2003, 01:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrin
That's like someone being afraid to go buy toilet paper because they don't want the cashier to think about them taking a poop. Give me a break. Natural Bodily Function. Get over it.
ROFLMAO....Nice....LOL

Old 12-17-2003, 02:28 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

Some bathrooms in gas stations have them. There is mail order. But, if you are too immature to face up to buying condoms, what makes you think you are old enough to have sex and deal with the possible consequences????

Old 12-17-2003, 02:33 PM   #6

aMuse HB User

well spoken magnetic. my thoughts exactly

Until Next Time...

Old 12-17-2003, 02:35 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User

Another good blindside

Good questions to be asked

Old 12-17-2003, 03:21 PM   #8

george7 HB User

if ur not amture enough to buy em then ur not ready 4 sex

Old 12-17-2003, 05:33 PM   #9

t-dash HB User

George,Wrin, aMuse, Magnetic, grow up eh. Face reality, younger teens are having sex really early weather they have condoms or not, thatís how I started off, I didn't start carrying condoms until after I started having sex at a young age and that is way risky... so DON'T DISCOURAGE him for wanting to have SAFE SEX, cause there's a chance he'll do it anyway regardless. And he'll probably be without if he's only being discouraged on the issue when he's asking for help. Its likely unfamiliar territory and he just sounds curious about it, maybe he's not even interested in sex and just wants to have some condoms just in case. And if that IS the case he probably doesn't want anyone thinking he's having sex (like his parents) when he's just getting the rubbers to be on the safe side should the situation of sex arise. Or maybe its a small town and he'd easily be recognized by someone who knows his parents.

People come here for help you know, so don't run him down; try to inform him on the risks or something instead.

t-dash

The fact he's showing interest in protection shows more maturity than alot of our younger peers do, who are screwing around without the pill or condoms and getting knocked up.

edit:
I guess I should help answer his question... Truck stop Gas Stations usually have funky condom dispensers in the washrooms... washrooms in bus stations, or halls that usually hold socials. Just go to a pharmacy or a store that has on in it during slow hours, wear a hoodie or a hat or something, buy the condoms and get out.

For your curiosity though. visite [deleted]. Its like being a kid in a candy store =)

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-17-2003 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Links to outside websites are not permitted on the healthboards.

Old 12-17-2003, 05:41 PM   #10

relient still HB User

nicely spoken...

Old 12-17-2003, 05:52 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User

If I was discouraging him from buying condoms, I wouldn't have told him to get over it.

But the thing is there. He wants to buy condoms? He can't freak out about drawing attention to himself -- get used to it, lots of people do it, nobody's going to think less of you. It's natural, it's normal. Would somebody who doesn't want kids having sex tell them it's natural and normal?

I flatly maintain that if he has a huge problem with buying condoms he should have a hard think about whether what he's doing is appropriate. People who buy condoms do anything but draw attention to themselves, and personally, if any attention is going to be brought to you, it's going to be congratulations from the lady behind the counter in the first place.

Why go to a truck stop bathroom and get it from a dispenser? The condoms are novelties and may not be up to the quality standards of a major condom maker. Wear a hoodie or a hat and be shifty-eyed and in-and-out with the condoms? I mean, he just finished saying he doesn't want to draw attention to himself. So go in looking like a shady character -- way to not draw attention to yourself.

What I'm saying is ditch the fear and become comfortable in your sexuality NOW -- it'll save you lots of grief when you're thirty.

Last edited by wrin; 12-17-2003 at 05:54 PM.

Old 12-21-2003, 10:54 AM   #12

dollluvsjohn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-dash
George,Wrin, aMuse, Magnetic, grow up eh. Face reality, younger teens are having sex really early weather they have condoms or not, that’s how I started off, I didn't start carrying condoms until after I started having sex at a young age and that is way risky... so DON'T DISCOURAGE him for wanting to have SAFE SEX, cause there's a chance he'll do it anyway regardless. And he'll probably be without if he's only being discouraged on the issue when he's asking for help. Its likely unfamiliar territory and he just sounds curious about it, maybe he's not even interested in sex and just wants to have some condoms just in case. And if that IS the case he probably doesn't want anyone thinking he's having sex (like his parents) when he's just getting the rubbers to be on the safe side should the situation of sex arise. Or maybe its a small town and he'd easily be recognized by someone who knows his parents.

People come here for help you know, so don't run him down; try to inform him on the risks or something instead.

t-dash

I love how people read into things and go sputtering off about something and accusing when if they stopped and just read slowly they would understand what is REALLY being said They werent trying to discourage safe sex!! They were merely stating that if he cant be immature enough be able to buy condoms without being embarassed then what are they doing having sex in the first place? you need maturity and responsibility to have sex and deal with what the consequences that could happen!! I give props to thier answers!! As always Magnetic has just said the obvious and what the majority of us were thinking!!

Now to answer the question. Go to a grocery store and just buy them!! they wont question you they dont know what you are doing with them!! Just dont got to a register of a firend of the girls or someone who may open their mouth and say things you dont wnat getting out!! Good luck!!

Old 12-22-2003, 06:09 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrNice HB User

Just go into any supermarket, pharmacy or a discount store like Target or Walmart and you'll find them in the same aisle or section that sells other pharmacy products. Often you'll find them displayed with "family planning" products.

Just take them to the register and pay for them the same way as you'd pay for a sweater or a video game. The clerks wont care. As for a minimum age there isnt any. If you are old enough to have sex you are old enough to buy condoms.

Closed Thread