It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2003, 06:35 PM   #1

lil_gurl_uk HB User
Exclamation Shaving my pubic hair

Hey I'am a 1* year old girl, and have stated my periods and stuff. Me and my close friends tell each other most things but am worried cause they started talking about shaving there pubic hair. most of them say they do it cause it's more hygienic and i say i do too. But the truth is that i only have a little bit hair down there. should i let it grow or shave it off cause its more hygienic. i'am confused pplz.....help me...xx

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-20-2003 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Due to you age, do not post your age on the Sexual Health boards.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2003, 08:06 PM   #2

Connor HB User
Re: Shaving my pubic hair

i say dont do it. but then again im a guy. so its probably totally different. but just say you do if you wanna be with the in-crowd. but really its more of a preference. i mean if the hair bothers you or is uncomfortable. then by all means try it and see what it feels like. but if it doesnt bother you in any way whatsoever. then dont do it, just cause your friends are doing it.

the hair is there for a reason. its like shaving your legs. but with that area in particular. well no one is gonna be seeing that. at least unless you show them. lol. so really, if you have any doubts or worries about shaving that area. then dont do it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2003, 08:12 PM   #3
Senior Veteran

lovely.lady HB User

If you only have a little hair, why worry? I mean, it's not like you have bushes growing out of your shorts. So I would say don't shave it, I mean it could come back thicker.

Old 12-19-2003, 11:10 PM   #4

chickadee99 HB User

I say you shouldn't do it. Especially don't do it if you just want to be like your friends. If it's bothering you, then well...it's up to you to decide. BUT, as it grows back, it could become really itchy and a lot more uncomfortable than it was in the first place. I've heard that when shaving (I guess everywhere), to shave in the direction that the hair grows, not against it. That may help...

Old 12-20-2003, 10:03 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Don't shave. It will irritate the skin (can be painful) and new hair will grow back with a vengeance.

Old 12-20-2003, 01:58 PM   #6

sansman10 HB User

Don't do it unless it is something you WANT to do. Like everyone else has said, it is a personal choice you have to make and live with. If you decide to do it and don't like it, it will grow back. While I'm on the growing back topic, when you shave, the hair is cut off at its fullest point at the surface of the skin, so when it is growing back in, it LOOKS like it is fuller and thicker...it is, for lack of a better word, an illusion. Since you are 15, it may be that your growth has not come in fully, shaving may begin to stimulate those dormant follicles into the growth phase, in which the hair would indeed come in fuller and thicker. Hair follicles in growth phase grow at a consistent rate and don't accelerate or get thicker because you shaved. Look at fresh cut grass, then look at the same yard a week later, the ends begin to taper off, but you can still see where the grass had been cut, still a blunt end with an angle where the razor took it off.

Only do it if it is something for you, not for anyone else.

Closed Thread