It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-22-2003, 09:42 AM   #1

mcelsgurl76 HB User
I am telling the truth

I have a big problem. I am 1.* and my parents are pretty strict about what i do. I live in Europe and you can go to clubs at like the age of 1.6! But for me i look like i am 2.0, so it is okay. But i tried telling my paretns that it is an all ages club and that its okay and its near the train station and its okay. But they are still all like no you dont need to be out at night and everything. The problem is if they dont let me go to these, when i am in college, i might be doing things even more and what will they do about me being gone. So my question is to ya'll is what should i tell them, ia m clueless!
THANKS!

Last edited by bfl; 12-22-2003 at 10:00 AM. Reason: please do not post your age on the boards, due to your age, please limit your sexual health questions and replies to the teen sexual health board only, thanks!

Old 12-22-2003, 04:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User
Re: I am telling the truth

Okay so let me get this straight -- your parents don't want you going to clubs, because you're rather young, and you lied to them and told them it was all-ages (Even though you have to be 16 to get in, which is not, technically, alla ges) and they still won't let you go.

Your defense is that if your parents don't let you go out partying now, presumably when you are WAY TOO YOUNG TO BE DOING SO, when you are going to college you might be out partying then, and Oh Lawd What Will They Do Then?

Okay, so for starters, what should you tell them?

THE TRUTH. Do not lie to your parents. Do not. I know that it seems to you like they're being hideously unreasonably strict omg etc., but by lying to them and setting a statement for "OH I am just going to a friends house" or whatever you are undermining your own safety.

When you are in college, presumably you will be mature enough and old enough to get into the clubs legally and to not be an idiot about letting people know where you're going and how long you'll be gone. Presumably your parents will recognize that you are now a collegiate adult and are thusly deserving of the respects usually afforded to a collegiate adult -- that is, unless you managed to screw it up when you were young by being perennially deceitful to them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2003, 06:14 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

Trying to fool your parents is not the mark of maturity. If they catch you (and parents are good at doing so), they will not trust you anymore and things will be worse. Building up trust is a far more noble and worthwhile thing than partying, right? Learn some self respect and discipline, and if you want to act like a nut during college, then fine - do it when you are responsible for your actions. Right now, your parents are responsible, and you should feel lucky to have parents that care about your safety and well being.

Old 12-23-2003, 02:13 AM   #4

mcelsgurl76 HB User

Thank you, well i came to reason with my parents about going out. And we have decided that rightn ow is not a a good time. I can go out till 11 but i need to come home after. That when i am 16 turning 17 then it might be a different story about what i can do! I think that i am at the middle age, and watching other people doing things that i can't do makes it harder. But thank you and my time will come!

Closed Thread