It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2003, 09:51 PM   #1

ace_chick01 HB User
Could I have an STI/STD?

Me and my boyfriend are both virgins and have never had any previous sexual contact.
We have both never had sex with eachother, or even touched eachothers genitals in any way.
Last week however my boyfriend sucked on my left breast but we did not go any further. Now I have a rash around my nipple and I'm scared it could be an STI/STD.

Is it possible for them to be transferred via saliva? It's strange because otherwise we always kiss...and I've been fine from that.

Please help!

Old 12-23-2003, 10:56 PM   #2

relient still HB User
Re: Could I have an STI/STD?

If neither you nor you boyfriend have ever had any kind of sexual experience before, then i find it very unlikely that you could have an STI/STD. Personally I would tend to say the rash you developed is merely a result of your boyfriend sucking on your nipple, and nothing more. Perhaps he could have sucked too hard? I mean, did you experience any discomfort while he was doing it? I would wait a little while and see how long the rash lasts. If its still there days from now, then i would get it checked out by a doctor. Otherwise, i would say that you have nothing to worry about.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-24-2003, 06:18 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace_chick01
Is it possible for them to be transferred via saliva? It's strange because otherwise we always kiss...and I've been fine from that.

Please help!

Well, being someone who contracted herpes around both nipples from my boyfriend's mouth, I will have to say that it is possible, but my doctor did tell me that it is not very common. I also contracted genital herpes, and herpetic whitlow (herpes of the fingertip) from my boyfriend's mouth at that same time. See, oral herpes (HSV1, commonly referred to as "coldsores") is not generally sexually transmitted. It is estimated that over 80% of the population is infected orally with herpes type 1 by the time they reach 14 years of age. Most people contract it while they are still children, or even babies, from relatives kissing them. So, relatively speaking, even if someone is a virgin, with absolutely no sexual contact, they probably still have herpes orally, and could pass it to a partner's genitals (or rarely other parts, like what happened to me) during oral sex. A coldsore does not neet to actually be present to spread herpes, as the virus sheds asymptomatically from time to time, and actually, only 20% of those infected actually ever get symptoms...the rest just carry it. Other than that, which of course is quite unlikely, maybe he was wearing a chapstick that you had a reaction to...or maybe (probably) it is just a coincidence.

Old 12-24-2003, 03:28 PM   #4

ace_chick01 HB User

Thanks for your help. When I first got it, it was really itchy. Was your herpes itchy? What does it look like?

Old 12-24-2003, 08:34 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

LiveYourDreams HB User

I don't know what your rash looks like, but if it's just red, it could be a hickey. You can get hickeys on your breasts. I really doubt it's an STD, especially since neither of you have had previous sexual contact.

Last edited by LiveYourDreams; 12-24-2003 at 08:34 PM.

Closed Thread