It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2003, 10:01 PM   #1

prsurf HB User
Unhappy advice about comming out

ok well i'm 18 and a freshmen in college and i'm bisexual. i have had a relationship with my b/f for 3 months (my roommate in my dorm) and we are serius and i dont know how to tell people. he is out and he does not pressure me at all he is supportive of what ever i choose to come out or not but i want too. i just dont know how to tell anyone, in high school i was the one to loss my virginity first and have a g/f all the time and stuff and my parants are very conserveitive i mean they had a fit when i got a few pierceings, me telling them i'm bisexual and have a b/f will like kill them. i know that if they love me they will support me no matter what but its scarey. all my friends at school and stuff just think me and my boyfriend are just good friends and we are except we are just a lot deeper than that. its so overwhelming this whole thing help me

Old 12-28-2003, 09:39 AM   #2

relient still HB User
Re: advice about comming out

while i cant personally relate to your specific situation, i do know what it is like to have a secret that you want to tell the whole world, but you are unwilling to because you are scared of how they might react or how they might treat you differently once they know. And while i cannot tell you how people are going to take it or what they are going to say, i do know one thing, and that is that im sure your parents love you, and regardless of how conservative that they might be, they probably just want you to be happy, regardless of your sexual orientation. And if your friends truely are your good friends, then they already accept you; your sexual preference is not going to change that. And so, even though i cannot tell you what to do or how to do it (thats your decision and yours alone) i can tell you that if you believe in something, you should give it your all, and try and reach your goal. I say power to ya, and good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2003, 10:38 AM   #3

emtdoll HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by relient still
while i cant personally relate to your specific situation, i do know what it is like to have a secret that you want to tell the whole world, but you are unwilling to because you are scared of how they might react or how they might treat you differently once they know. And while i cannot tell you how people are going to take it or what they are going to say, i do know one thing, and that is that im sure your parents love you, and regardless of how conservative that they might be, they probably just want you to be happy, regardless of your sexual orientation. And if your friends truely are your good friends, then they already accept you; your sexual preference is not going to change that. And so, even though i cannot tell you what to do or how to do it (thats your decision and yours alone) i can tell you that if you believe in something, you should give it your all, and try and reach your goal. I say power to ya, and good luck!

I dont want to be a pessimist here but I think someone does need to point out the obvious here. While your parents love you this will be incredibly HARD for htem to accept and they may even deny it for a long time. Also you may have to deal with non-acceptance of you from them and also they may not accept your roommate AT ALL!! Some parents refuse to allow the S/O to even come in their house. As for your friends.... you may lose some of them. Truth behind that is if you do then they werent worth keeping around anyway!! I cant tell you what to do because I havent ever been faced with this situation but I will tell you this. Be who you want to be and let life take you form there! It is going to be hard for you!! Hopefully your roommate will be supportive through out all of this! Good luck with whatever you choose to do!!

Old 12-28-2003, 07:05 PM   #4

tdty123 HB User

wait are you a guy or girl? sorry, but your post was confusing

Old 12-29-2003, 03:30 PM   #5

emtdoll HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdty123

Who are you talking about? The person is a guy I do believe!

Old 12-29-2003, 03:46 PM   #6

tdty123 HB User

the author of the thread.

Old 12-29-2003, 05:35 PM   #7

prsurf HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdty123
i'm a 18 yo guy

Old 12-29-2003, 11:08 PM   #8

tdty123 HB User

i would tell your parents, they have a right to know even if youre an adult, especially if you think youve been bi for a while. your parents will love you no matter what, even if they mite not like it at first. dont worry, theyll come to accept it. let me know how it works out and good luck

Old 12-30-2003, 03:52 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User

Something that might make it less intimidating would be to get in a discussion with them about the basis of bisexuality and the concept of finding beauty in both sexes whether the same one or opposite.

No matter what anybody tells you bisexuality is a normal thing that appears in all walks and species of nature (that have two genders, anyway) and it does not make you a freak; it is nothing you should be ashamed of.

One thing you will want to be careful of if you are having sex with a man is that diseases are much more easily transmitted that way since that method is not so disease-proof as the female anatomy. Regular testing is never a bad idea -- inform your doctor for certain, better safe than sorry.

Old 01-02-2004, 03:38 AM   #10

answermeplease! HB User
Wink Re: advice about comming out

yea i kinda got that problem too im a girl n im bisexual too and im scared if i tell my mom that she wouldnt let me spend anite out or have girls sleep here then i basicly couldnt hang oout with anyone u know?! soo do u think i should tell her.....i dont think i have a reason too unless she askes but i think she has a clue.....hmm.....eeh help ha

Closed Thread