It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2003, 05:32 PM   #1

WorriedGuy HB User
Question is my girlfriend pregnant? 15 YRS OLD =\

Hi. I'm almost 16 years old, and my girlfriend of 6 months is almost 17. I have been having sex for almost a year. My girlfriend and I first slept together around 2 months ago. She was a virgin at the time, and I had been with one other girl previously. I have never had unprotected sex. We have intercourse very rarely, but we are quite sexually active in other ways. We had intercourse once this month, and I of course used a condom(unfortunatly it didnt have spericidal lubricant). The condom was brand new, and in good condition, but just to be safe, I pulled out a while before I ejaculated, just in case of condom breakage. However, my girlfriend is nearly a week late on her period, and im very worried. Her mother is very supportive of us, and has even offered to put her on the pill- but my girlfriend refuses to admit to her mother that we have had sex. My dad knows I am sexually active, and buys me condoms whenever I run out. I took every step I was able to, to prevent pregnancy... but still, I am loosing sleep and stressing out over this, as is she. Or, is it possible she could have become pregnant from me getting my own semen on my hands and fingering her? I have always been very cautious about this, and made sure that her entire vaginal area was covered when I ejaculated. As far as I know, I havent inserted my fingers in her after I had came, or even had precum (we take *turns* to prevent this. I dont get my drivers license until next month, but my best friend has his, and it would be easy for me to get a home pregnancy test, but how trustworthy are they? What brand is the most accurate? Worst come to worse, we would have to abort the baby, which under normal circumstances I am against, but We simply cannot raise a baby. My girlfriend is the Validictorian of her class, and I am nearly the Salutitorian of mine... we simply cant afford to throw away school for an unwanted child, it would be unfair for all 3 of us. I love my girlfriend very much, and I will do anything to help her through this. If need be, I will pay for any procedure neccesary, and I accept full responcibility if she turns out to be pregnant. Or, are there reputable abortion clinics that do not require parental consent? She cant have been pregant for more than 3 weeks.

Please help.. I really am terrified, and I feel very helpless. Any suggestions are welcome. I realize I have sinned by having premaritial sex, and I ask forgiveness from god, and whoever reads this. Please, out of the kindness of your heart, if you can offer me any information, respond..

Thank you all, and God Bless you and your families.
-WorriedGuy, Las Vegas

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-29-2003 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Note edit to your post, please use proper terminology.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2003, 06:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User
Re: is my girlfriend pregnant? 15 YRS OLD =\

First read the Pregnancy Info for Teens sticky toward the top of the page it gives alot of great info.
Second your gf does need a pregnancy test,chances are slim that she is pregnant but still a HPT is a good way to ease both your minds.
You are lucky in that you live in one of the few states that doesnt enforce consent or notification laws that many states have. If someone were to enforce the law in NV your gf only has to notify her one of parents that she is getting an abortion. In other words she doesnt have to have a parent's consent and for the most part doesnt even have to notify her parent(s) because NV doesnt enforce that law.
If you have to find a place your best bet is to go to your local Planned Parenthood and talk with them. They can be very helpful. Your gf can even go there to get a pregnancy test done.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 12-29-2003, 07:21 PM   #3

buckeyebaby HB User

Your girlfriend could be late due to alot of factors-stress,diet,etc. But its possible she could be pregnant, anytime you have sex or semen comes in contact with the genital area, its a possibility. My advice would be to test and if it's negative and she hasn't started in another week, I would test again. I'm sorry-it is a stressful situation, but there is not much you can do now but wait. Hopefully your test is negative. Most tests now adays are pretty accurate. Good luck to you. If it turns out negative, I would suggest to your girlfriend that she take her mom up on her offer to get her birth control. Mom's really do know best. And if her Mom offered it to her she is showing her daughter alot of respect. Her Mom probably already has an idea of what is going on and she is just trying to be safe and prevent what you are trying to avoid. If she is on the pill and you are using a condom you should be pretty well covered. I had a child at a pretty young age and it is very hard- worth it, but hard. I will be thinking of you and your girlfriend and pray that all works out.

Old 12-29-2003, 09:28 PM   #4

squirleyslilsis HB User

You live in Nevada? So do i that is so neat! Well i heard that when semen is exposed to air it dies, or whatever it does. But i am not sure? I am just a kid too. [deleted]

Last edited by Mod-S4; 12-29-2003 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Do not ask for personal information unrelated to the sexual health topic.

Old 12-29-2003, 09:55 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Squir,you need to read the Pregnancy Info for teens sticky as well.
If sperm died when it hit the air then there would be alot more women out there who wouldnt be able to to have kids. Sperm donations wouldnt be possible,semen analysis would be useless,IVF and IUIs couldnt be done. But those things are done because sperm doesnt die when it is exposed to air. Matter of fact sperm can live about 12 hours outside the male body(with the right conditions such as still wet).
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 12-30-2003, 10:51 AM   #6

matrixMan HB User

But, isn't it true that as soon as sperm dries it is dead. Because there is not moisture for it to live. Because i know my precum and semen tend to dry very fast.It all depends on the person. If a person has sperm that won't dry for a while then the sperm can last quite a while. But, mine drys quickly which means a shorted period of time for the sperm to live. So, it all depends on the person. As is why some men are unable to give sperm donation too

Old 12-30-2003, 01:06 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrixMan
But, isn't it true that as soon as sperm dries it is dead. Because there is not moisture for it to live. Because i know my precum and semen tend to dry very fast.It all depends on the person. If a person has sperm that won't dry for a while then the sperm can last quite a while. But, mine drys quickly which means a shorted period of time for the sperm to live. So, it all depends on the person. As is why some men are unable to give sperm donation too
Actually even those with so called fast drying semen can donate. Those that cant tend to be for other medical reasons:low counts,low motility,low quanitity,high deformities,and so on. The cup that donations are collected in are sealed by the person so that no more air can get in there to aid in the drying process. Then it is stored within a short amount of time so that it can be used later.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 12-30-2003, 03:49 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

It is quite unlikely she is pregnant.

But, use this as a lesson. If her getting pregnant will ruin your lives then, duh, stop have intercourse. There is always a risk. You might, one day, decide not to pull out and then when you do after ejaculation you find the condom came loose and her vagina is full of semen.

At the least, have her get on the pill (she can tell her Mom it is "just in case" and not admit that she is now sexually active) and you continue to pull out while wearing a condom, and the odds of pregnancy will be quite low.

Closed Thread