It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2003, 09:36 PM   #1

squirleyslilsis HB User
Red face Vagina Smells.

Ok guys, well i just hooked up with this guy that i have known for about 2 years, i gave him head, and he sorta fingered me, and then i was talking to him a lil bit after our fun, and he said i smell like "Rotten Eggs" i know about Douches and things but i am scared to use it because i am afraid it will cause an infection which is an even bigger problem than the smell, plus i don't have a doctor or anything and i don't want to ask my mom i am a shy lil girl. But yea. I was wandering is there like any "At home" products you can use to clean out the vagina so it doesn't smell so bad. I also heard that discharge is normal it is how the vagina cleans itself. I have discharge also. It isn't like heavy but it isn't light either. So yea...Is there anything that can make me smell better down there. I also shower daily change my undies daily and i keep clean it is just the smell, it was kinda embarrassing for me. but i know that i can fix it so it doesn't happen again. Thanks guys.

Old 12-29-2003, 10:01 PM   #2

writerboybc HB User
Re: Vagina Smells.

Well, first of all, vaginas don't, and shouldn't, smell like roses. Also, 9 times out of 10, when a guy tells you that your vagina smells, it's him who has got the problem, honey; not you.

But some tips:

1. Wash the genital area very well every time you shower

2. Wipe front to back ALWAYS!

3. Your vaginal discharge should always be clear and not smell like much of anything. If it's ever yellow or green or smells really bad, SEE A DOCTOR! If you can't get to a doctor, go to a clinic. It's confidential, so your parents won't have to know.

4. NEVER use douches, vaginal perfumes, etc...

5. If a guy says your vagina stinks and you know there's nothing wrong, tell him to go screw himself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2003, 07:14 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User

Dont listen to Johndoe. Douching should only be done if your doctor says to do it. Any other time could lead to an infection which can cause you more problems than you want to deal with.

Another thing is discharge yellow and green discharge arent the only colors you should have checked. If there is a sudden change in the normal color for you then it should be checked. A white cottage cheese type discharge needs to be checked by your doctor.
If the smell is something new or unusual it should be checked to make sure there isnt an infection.

Be careful washing the gential area because soaps can upset the balance and cause smells or infections. If you use soap in that area make sure it is a gentle type,no perfumes and such. Make sure you keep it outside the vagina as well.
If you notice the smell yourself since that type of smell wouldnt be normal then you should get yourself checked by a doctor. I know it sounds scary but honestly it isnt that bad and is over in a short amount of time.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 12-30-2003, 09:25 AM   #4
(male)

mvp81 HB User

sometimes eating certain foods can lend to the odour. Certain types of food, such as pineapple, have been known to "freshen" up that area.

Old 12-30-2003, 11:38 AM   #5

baby*flower HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp81
sometimes eating certain foods can lend to the odour. Certain types of food, such as pineapple, have been known to "freshen" up that area.
penises don't smell great either

Old 12-30-2003, 01:37 PM   #6

supastar33 HB User

Whoever said that eating certain foods can cause odor to change a little, was very right. Certain foods do...fruits high in citrus tend to make it smell a little better...but it's not like a HUGE change. But they do say "you are what you eat" therefore foods to affect the smell.

Guys that I know like the smell, they say it turns them on or whatever. so i guess it's just a preference...i know i don't like to smell gross and i've read magazine articles saying you shouldn't use soap because it can cause infection or something but i've been using Massengil Feminine Wash for years and i've never had a problem. you can get it from walmart or kmart or any place like that and it's only like $3 or so. don't be afraid to talk to your mom about it either...chances are she's had the same problem before too cuz she was young once also.

GOOD LUCK!!

Last edited by supastar33; 12-30-2003 at 01:41 PM.

Old 12-30-2003, 05:52 PM   #7

squirleyslilsis HB User

Yea well i don't eat fruit that much so maybe that is the problem. But my discharge is white, it isn't like cottage cheese or anything, it is just white. But anyways no i am not going to talk to my mom about it but thanks. Anywho reply please.

Closed Thread