It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2004, 10:23 AM   #1

carapo HB User
Red face What DO I DO Now???

While visiting my aunt ...this is her computer, I lost my virginity to a guy I liked but don't know real well. Last night we got caught up in the moment and before I knew it we were having sex. He did pull out before any thing happened I think. Do I need to do something to make sure I didn't get pregnant the first time???

Old 01-01-2004, 10:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrNice HB User
Re: What DO I DO Now???

You may want to consult a physician or Planned Parenthood and ask about taking an emergency contraceptive pill. You need to take the pill within 3 days of having intercourse so I would suggest you act quickly. Also, next time have condoms available and learn how to use them so that you avoid these concerns.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2004, 10:50 AM   #3

carapo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNice
You may want to consult a physician or Planned Parenthood and ask about taking an emergency contraceptive pill. You need to take the pill within 3 days of having intercourse so I would suggest you act quickly. Also, next time have condoms available and learn how to use them so that you avoid these concerns.
Does Emergency Contraceptive pill make me start my period? What will happen if I take it?

Old 01-01-2004, 10:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrNice HB User

Go to the [deleted] page and look up emergency contraceptives it will give you all the information on when the pills need to be taken and how they work.

Hope this helps. Just don't wait...time is very important when you use them.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 01-01-2004 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Do not post web addresses.

Old 01-01-2004, 02:09 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

It is unlikey that you would get pregnant if he pulled out prior to orgasm, so in all likelihood you are not pregnant. Still, I would not discourage you from seeking out emergency contraception.

I am actually more concerned about STDs, and I hope this is the last time you have unprotected sex for a while. Also, just because you broke down and had sex this time does not mean that you have to agree to have sex with him, or anyone else, in the future. If you feel you made a mistake, then don't make that mistake again until you are sure you are ready for it. Unplanned intercourse has created a lot of babies.

Old 01-01-2004, 02:15 PM   #6

carapo HB User

My parents will be devastated if I have to fess up but believe me I will never have sex again unless I am on Birth control and have condoms in hand.

Old 01-01-2004, 02:52 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Go get some emergency contraceptives from your dr or a clinic. You have a 72-hour window in which they are most effective, so get going. Regardless of if he pulled out before ejaculating (and you aren't even sure he did), there is still a risk. The dr will probably just ask you a few questions (no exam) and give you some free ones or a prescription. If you can't get any ECP - for whatever reason - but you CAN get regular birth control pills, they can be taken as ECP, if you follow the required dosages. (If you have any questions about that, get back to us.)

As for side effects, they do have them, and they can bring on spotting and your cycle may get messed up but if getting pregnant and having a baby is not an option, it is more than worth it.

Also, I noticed in your original question you added the phrase "Do I need to do something to make sure I didn't get pregnant the first time???" The odds of getting pregnant the first time are as good as with any subsequent time. There is no magic anti-pregnancy thing about the first time. People need to take precautions EVERY time, doesn't matter if it's the first.

Old 01-02-2004, 06:26 PM   #8
Senior Veteran

babygrant HB User

[QUOTE=Magnetic]It is unlikey that you would get pregnant if he pulled out prior to orgasm, so in all likelihood you are not pregnant. Still, I would not discourage you from seeking out emergency contraception.

There are many babies that have been conceived when the guy hasn't "pulled out" prior to ejaculation. Even if his penis enters you for one second you have a chance of getting pregnant.

Angela

Closed Thread