It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2004, 09:33 AM   #1

jamesk HB User
preg and period input

i read alot of ppl on this site from time to time talking about they are glad there not preg b/c they got there period. i postedd a Q about that on this website awhile back .it dont make no sence to me but , you can have your period and be preg. just thought id add that

Old 01-02-2004, 12:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TeTr01 HB User
Re: preg and period input

Yes, this is true. You can be preg & have your period at the same time. But when a girl that is nervous b/c she thinks she is preg gets her period, of course she is going to become relieved. Obviously, if she gets her period but is indeed preg - she will figure this out soon enough!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2004, 05:32 PM   #3

grrr HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeTr01
Yes, this is true. You can be preg & have your period at the same time. But when a girl that is nervous b/c she thinks she is preg gets her period, of course she is going to become relieved. Obviously, if she gets her period but is indeed preg - she will figure this out soon enough!

i think other wise, i asked my doctor and planned paren't hood if you can be pregnant and have your period, no you can't because when u have your period, the egg is being released it is on the uterine wall and thats why it bleeds, there is no way to bleed heavily and have a period while you are pregnant, the egg would go with it. You can spot and many think that is your period, its not if its a normal heavy cycle your fine. Ive asked this i dunno im really confused but its what im gonna believe

Old 01-02-2004, 05:48 PM   #4

jamesk HB User

[all that i know is that i posted it on here and got ppl replying with there stories .i posted in poth sexuall health women and womens health . if you want you can do a search on my name and red them for you self. but i guess the morse i think about it i guess it seems possiable but just in case i wanted to warn these youger active ppl

Last edited by jamesk; 01-02-2004 at 05:49 PM.

Old 01-02-2004, 05:50 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User

Grr,read the Pregnancy Info sticky toward the top of the page and then go to the pregnancy board and talk to the ladies ont here that had what seemed like normal periods only to find out later they were and have the kids to prove it.
My ex SIL mom didnt know she was pregnant for 6 months with my ex SIL because she kept having NORMAL HEAVY FLOW periods at her normal times. She had gone to her doctor for something else when he asked her if it was possible she was pregnant. She said yes because she was married and not on BCP but she was thinking she would only be a few weeks along. She was shocked to find out shewas six months along.
I know three other women that had their normal periods for about the first two to three months of their pregnancies. Granted it is not considered a period but most dont realize that they can have what seem like normal flow periods and still be pregnant.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 01-02-2004, 09:44 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Hey Grrrr, how long ago did you ask your dr and Planned Parenthood about periods and pregnancy? Is it possible it was so long ago your memory has confused things, or that it didn't make sense to you at the time so you've reinterpreted it? I'm thinking that's possible because there is NO WAY Planned Parenthood or your doctor would tell you anything that even remotely sounds like "when u have your period, the egg is being released it is on the uterine wall and thats why it bleeds" because that is not what happens. The egg is usually released from the ovary in the middle of the cycle (between periods), the menstrual fluid will begin to shed from the uterus approximately 2 weeks later. If a woman's cycle is not exact or if the fertilized egg is not attached to the uterus yet, it is possible for the lining to shed with the fertilized egg still being okay.

It is very rare, and the period is usually but not always lighter, but it certainly does happen.

Old 01-05-2004, 11:22 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

TeTr01 HB User

Grr: I dunno why you keep quoting everything I post, but I know that it IS true for you to have a period while pregnant - sure many women spot while they are preg, but YOU CAN HAVE A PERIOD WHILE PREGNANT!!! Go read some info about it if you don't think so, but please don't advise someone with false info!!!

Old 01-05-2004, 05:00 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User

You can't physiologically have a flushing period when you're pregnant.

That said, your body can be terribly good at faking it.

No, you're right, it isn't technically a period. But I'm going to call it that because I'm recalcitrant.

Last edited by wrin; 01-05-2004 at 05:01 PM.

Closed Thread