It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2004, 09:52 PM   #1
Inactive

ForgetMeKnot HB User
Few Problems...

I have had a lot of family issues with my gma(legal guardian) not liking my boyfriend of 2 and a half years when she found out 4 months ago we had sex and was going to get him for statutory rape and put a court restriction against him (but didnt), and she also just didnt like him because..

* didnt go to public school but private academy (alot of kids who got out of public to go were usually bad but that was not his case)
*he dont know his dad
* his uncles and my uncles hung out when they were young and always got in trouble, his uncle is now rich owning a chain of bars and my uncles are unemployed.
*his mother has kids with three different men

Because of his mother having kids with three different men..my gma goes on to say that "he thinks he can have sex with you because he seen his mom lay around (run around with men) and he thinks he can do the same"--that is not true..my boyfriend has only had one other sexual partner besides me..and no offense guys but you don't need to watch your mother or have someone desmonstrate being with a lot of people and same for girls i suppose too..and like my boyfriend would know anyways.

She utterly hates him with a passion and has even started making up lies telling me she sees him with girls all the time..I even started seeing this kid that was a pothead and got in trouble with the cops once in a while, and she LIKED Him, and knew about it too.

My boyfriend though has never been in trouble with the law, and is not on drugs or drinking.

Anyhow after i lied and said i was going to see the druggie kid and really went to my boyfriends and she found out, and after another huge pyschotic fight......
She has now decided to quit paying and buying me birth control pills..she says since he is having intercourse (not in her words), with me that he can start paying for them.
I get them through my gyn and they are $40 a month..I plan on going to planned parent hood to get BC pills there cheaper. Right now they will not let me leave the house or let me take my car (which i need to go to planned parenthood).

How do I go about switching birth control when I am finally able to leave the house? I am currently on Tri-norinyl (spelling?) I will be out of these pills in less than a week.

Ill be 18 in less than 5 months, but its really hard to keep your hopes up in situations like this

ps i got the birth control pills for my very very painful menstrual cycles..but now that i dont have much more left looks like ill have to deal with it

Last edited by ForgetMeKnot; 01-06-2004 at 10:00 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2004, 10:06 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Angel77 HB User
Re: Few Problems...

How old is your b/f? I was in a similar situation with my mom. I was 16 and he was 19. I got pregnant at 17 and we got married and that was almost 10 yrs ago....but it was a HARD, LONG road.
Being so close to 18 I don't think she can press statutory rape charges. Most states you only have to be 16 or 17 to give consent as long as he's not 5-10 yrs older than you. Check with your local police department. That's what I had to do. I found out that in my state I was old enough as long as he was no more than 4 years older than me. They won't report you for asking a question. The dispatcher I spoke with was very kind to me.
You sound like you're in an unhealthy relationship, not the b/f, the gma.....keep trying, it will get better. Five months may seem like a long time, but it will be over and done soon enough.
Just curious, are your parents around? My father's been dead since I was 4 yrs. old and mom's a pill. Good luck.

Old 01-07-2004, 02:14 PM   #3
Inactive

ForgetMeKnot HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel77
How old is your b/f? I was in a similar situation with my mom. I was 16 and he was 19. I got pregnant at 17 and we got married and that was almost 10 yrs ago....but it was a HARD, LONG road.
Being so close to 18 I don't think she can press statutory rape charges. Most states you only have to be 16 or 17 to give consent as long as he's not 5-10 yrs older than you. Check with your local police department. That's what I had to do. I found out that in my state I was old enough as long as he was no more than 4 years older than me. They won't report you for asking a question. The dispatcher I spoke with was very kind to me.
You sound like you're in an unhealthy relationship, not the b/f, the gma.....keep trying, it will get better. Five months may seem like a long time, but it will be over and done soon enough.
Just curious, are your parents around? My father's been dead since I was 4 yrs. old and mom's a pill. Good luck.
My boyfriend just turned 19 the end of Decemeber...I live in IL..if you might know the laws here?

My father is my gma's son, and well when times were really bad the counselors at school got involved and the dean who was a jerk agreed with my gma (only the dean did not my counselors)..and I started seeing a counselor. My father is in the army overseas and lives overseas for the government...When the problem first came out he tried to help but was giving two different answer to each of us(me and my gma) telling us what we wanted to hear. I would cry to him about how hard it was and he would say its okay and he didnt care that I was sexually active and said I could see my boyfriend. But when he talked to my gma she would scream and preach to him so much he agreed with her too..So we tried to get along in the house with two different stories.

I feel bad going against my gma(because shes raised me since I was 7 besides my dad coming home for about 3 weeks in a year)..but shes trying to control things out of her reach..unless I was in harm or harming someone else then she should be stopping me but not this.

My mother left our family when I was 7. I don't hear from her, and my gma help cut our connection off. She would make me ask my mom questions like when are you and daddy going to get back together when i was 7, when i knew they were divorced! Immature things like that. My mom wanted pictures of us and to come visit us but my gma never let us reply to her or write her letters. My mom is kinda dumb to American laws and ways..and grew up in asia where the older know better and are wiser so she obeyed my gma who was like a mother to her when she came to the U.S with my father. I dont think my mother wanted to come back to us fully but tried and my gma didnt help any either.

I don't mean to sound like a rebellious teenager going against her dear sweet grandma, but my gma is not like other gma she is very hard headed, will push and lie to get her way, she isnt in any bad health issue either, she is a big put on with her friends at work, and is always comparing me to her friends daughters or granddaughters who are on poms or cheerleaders or honor students, or other sports because I was on poms in jr high then tennis for a while on the highschool til it was too much (homework wise).

Old 01-07-2004, 05:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Angel77 HB User

Sounds like gma has some serious control issues and is nowhere near a mentally sound person!! Sounds much like how I grew up. As for your dad, he needs to grow some....Anyways, he's being two faced and it's only adding to the stress in the house. He either needs to tell his mom how he feels or if he's not being honest with you, he needs to.
I don't know the state laws there, but I don't think she'll go through with it. She sounds like she likes to threaten and make you miserable. She does however have the right to ask that you not see him while you live in her house. It's her house her rules, like it or not. I would suggest you speak with the counselors again and have them help run interferance. This woman needs to come down off her soap box and see you for what you really are....a smart, caring young woman.
You will grow in spite of people like this, but you're going to need to learn to take a stand. And the best thing I can tell you when fighting with a control freak is to fight fair. When you fight fair it gives them even less amunition. I do this with my mother. It was hard to learn but it changed things on my end completely because I knew I didn't say mean, hurtful things like she did, but I didn't get stepped on either.
As far as how she portrays herself to her friends, my mom is the same way. When we were growing up and she was going off on us or throwing things at us, we would pray for the phone to ring. She would answer sweet as pie, you'd never guess she just beaned her kid in the head with a big wooden brush!! Everyone was so blind, and only now are they seeing what I grew up with.
Your dad may be blind to what's going on, disconnected because he left when you were so young, or sticking his head in the sand because he doesn't want to feel guilty about living his life and leaving his kid with Mrs. Adolf Hitler....who knows.
Do you have any close friends or family members you can live with until you are of age and can leave? Do you have a job, or money that could be set aside for an apartment? What is your personal financial situation? If you don't have the money, you're going to have a heck of a time getting away. You will also need counseling so that once you get away, you can stay out of that unhealthy circle.
Please keep strong, sounds like you are strong and stubborn....a good combination in your situation, it will be what gets you through.

Old 01-07-2004, 08:26 PM   #5
Inactive

ForgetMeKnot HB User

Thank you for your replies, all of you. It makes me feel better to know I am not the only one going through this, and maybe I should of posted in the teen issues board instead of teen sexuality.

I do have a job, but once im 18 my boyfriends grandparents (whome he lives with) already said I could go there because they understand the situation as they have had to deal with her too when it all broke out.

My dad just dont want to deal with problems at home, he has a small alcoholic problem..but oh well.

I have already looked into living with other people but they are all blind to my gmas evil ways.

My gma is the same way, she broke two chairs throwing them at my and busted my sisters door almost down. But if that phone rang she was the nicest most innocent person ever.

One of our last fights, i took my keys and my purse to my room and she thought i was leaving...becuase my boyfriend sent my flowers and she freaked out, she came running after me and slapped me and screamed in my face and i screamed back at her(always lots of screaming and name calling), she would race her fist at me like she was going to punch me, and push me...then she grabbed my neck when i tried to leave and later on said she was trying to get the keys. When my aunt, her daughter walked in, my gma turned into this angel and sat calmly on the sofa and talked to me while i was still in an uproar.

She reminds me of one of those serial murderer movies..where the child tries to warn otheres, but no one beleives him because the person is such a put on...like the movie Domestic Disturbance.

I beleive I'll need a counselor when I do move out just to keep sane, because I know she'll harrass me to no end, even after im out and 18. My boyfriend right now is the best counselor. It really hurts when two people you are close to cant get along.

Maybe one of the moderators can move this thread to the Teen Issues board.

But I did want to know if there was anything particular that might affect me or anything if I switch birth controls.

Last edited by ForgetMeKnot; 01-07-2004 at 08:28 PM.

Old 01-07-2004, 10:03 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Angel77 HB User

Don't know about the birth control, I'm on the shot.

About psycho, next time she's grabbing you by the neck or being physically or verbally abusive...CALL THE COPS!!!! Then call the cops every time she gets out of hand like this. One of two things will happen...she will either stop out of fear of the cops coming yet again, or you'll create a heck of a paper trail to keep her at bay when you move out. It almost sounds as if you'll need a restraining order to keep her from destroying your life.
Just because she's family doesn't mean keeping a relationship with her is healthy. I know I sound harsh, but I let my mom and her negativity invade my life and although I had succeeded in life, I would have gone further without her negative influence.
Your gma is very unstable and honestly sounds like she has a mental disorder or personality disorder. Check out the board here on personality disorders to see if any of the patterns fit. Ever wonder why your dad moved over seas??? Maybe that was the only way he could escape.
As for a small drinking problem, no such thing. My mom is an alcoholic too. So much in common...yet seems so wrong, doesn't it??
Take your b/f's grandparents up on their offer. They sound like great people. Just keep in mind it may take drastic measures to keep her unhappiness from ruining the very real chance at happiness you have. Good luck, and I truly hope it works out for you.

Old 01-07-2004, 10:35 PM   #7
Inactive

ForgetMeKnot HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel77
Don't know about the birth control, I'm on the shot.

About psycho, next time she's grabbing you by the neck or being physically or verbally abusive...CALL THE COPS!!!! Then call the cops every time she gets out of hand like this. One of two things will happen...she will either stop out of fear of the cops coming yet again, or you'll create a heck of a paper trail to keep her at bay when you move out. It almost sounds as if you'll need a restraining order to keep her from destroying your life.
Just because she's family doesn't mean keeping a relationship with her is healthy. I know I sound harsh, but I let my mom and her negativity invade my life and although I had succeeded in life, I would have gone further without her negative influence.
Your gma is very unstable and honestly sounds like she has a mental disorder or personality disorder. Check out the board here on personality disorders to see if any of the patterns fit. Ever wonder why your dad moved over seas??? Maybe that was the only way he could escape.
As for a small drinking problem, no such thing. My mom is an alcoholic too. So much in common...yet seems so wrong, doesn't it??
Take your b/f's grandparents up on their offer. They sound like great people. Just keep in mind it may take drastic measures to keep her unhappiness from ruining the very real chance at happiness you have. Good luck, and I truly hope it works out for you.

It's funny that you said that my dad now live overseas because that is his way to escape..that just reminded me that he did tell me that was a reason to escape the family. Not his kids, but his mom, and quarelling sister and brothers.
He has asked me to come live with him and we almost went through with it when it first happened, but he lives in south korea, and although i am half korean i donot know the language and he wasnt too much into getting me into school there and being a responsible parent..since he really hasnt been around us too much, but we are close...not real close but i can talk a little more with him.

Calling the cops during a fight is very drastic sounding to me..and i think she might even turn it around on me and play the poor old lady act with the cops if they come, like when my aunt walked in the door my gma turned into this angel..and sat calmly on the sofa when she was just in my face slapping me and screaming the F* word.

Could the police take me away from her ? And put me into a foster home or something? that would be strange, and my family would look down on me.. everything is so hard

Old 01-08-2004, 01:23 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
A few comments: you and your bf are of legal age to have sex in your state (Illinois, 17 yrs is legal age of consent). Secondly, at 17 you are probably a little old to be taken away from your grandmother to go into the foster system (but don't quote me on that).

Anyway, despite all the problems you are having with her, you are still living under her roof and will have to put up with it until you move out. You should be trying to think of ways to make things better for yourself (even if it means lying to her, or keeping things from her) instead of ways to 'show her' or prove anything to her. What seems to be most important to her is that she wins, that she rules all. Let her think she is.

Another thing I think you might consider is trying to restablish contact with your mother. I think it's just awful that your grandmother worked so hard at keeping her away. That, to me, is truly evil (unless your mother has some huge faults you didn't mention to us, like she's a drug-addicted, child-beating, prostitute or something). Seems like your grandmother has had too much power over your family for far too long and since you are nearing legal adulthood, it's time for you to take steps to gain some control. (But Gma doesn't need to know.) It just may be that once your mother knows that you're starting to rebel against your gma, she might be thrilled to reconnect with you, she is your mother after all...

Old 01-08-2004, 02:48 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Angel77 HB User

Calling the cops drastic?? NO WAY!!! Her with her hands wrapped around your throat is drastic. Call 911 and set the phone down, they'll send the cops and record everything that's going on....no faking it wasn't her on the tape!!!! She is out of control.
You are such an intelligent young lady. You already have more going for you than the others in your family. You are strong and amazingly grown up for your age. Seriously, to be thinking ahead enough that being with your dad is not the best because of school and his irresponsibility? Great Job!!!! You'll make it and you'll make something of your life.
I wish you could just come stay with me!! You'd be a wonderful addition to any family...I think your b/f and his family knows it, otherwise they wouldn't put up with the emotional vampire your gma is. I know I sound harsh, but I struggled sooo long to get out of the situation and it wasn't until I was extremely sick and saw how they turned their backs that I realized how sick they were.
You also don't really know how sick your situation is because you grew up in it and have learned to adjust and to you, this is normal. Think about this info coming from a friend of yours. She told you about the throwing objects, control, physical and verbal abuse....what would you tell her????
As for the cops believing the sweet old lady act...I doubt that most will believe it. They've seen all kinds of domestic violence situations where the abuser comes off sweet as pie and golly, gosh, gee, can't figure out how the victim got those bruises or broken bones. They're not stupid, they may not tell you what they think (not really allowed to) but they'll know. If you do as I said and leave the phone off the hook so she doesn't know they're comin' she won't have the time to pull it together. They'll probably even hear the screaming when they pull up. You may even want to speak to an officer prior to the next explosion and ask for advice on what to do and what suggestions he has in proving what's really going on. Do you have a tape recorder? You could also tape some of the incidents. Just make sure they're hidden where she won't find them.
My mom was soooo nosey that she would check the bathroom garbage to see how the "flow" was going!!! EEEWWWWWWW!!!! Why in the heck would anyone want to know????? It's a control issue.
Maybe take the tapes with you and leave them in your locker at school or a friends locker. My mom would go to school on occasion and search my locker...not sure for what....wasn't anything to find. But gma is sick. I'm not trying to be funny, but the woman needs psychotherapy and a heavy round of medications...and she probably will never be totally stable.
I just hope you keep safe and don't let her dictate your future. You are your future and it's up to you what to make of it. You are not what they tell you and you never will be. Bet she's pointing fingers everywhere else to try and keep them from pointing back home.
Good luck hon, I'm going to keep checking back, and we'd all love to know how you're doing. Stay strong and do what you need to keep your sanity.

Old 01-08-2004, 10:53 PM   #10
Inactive

ForgetMeKnot HB User

Thisby thanks for your reply, my mother was somewhat violent to my father, i remember one time while eating dinner they got into a fight and she threw a chair at my dad but missed and also took my fork, while i was eating spaghetti, and tried to stab him i guess..the cops came and she said my father tried to hit her, I was there for all of it but of course they didnt want to involve me because i was about 5, and I remember the police and all. They had to go to court for it, and then my gma came down and took us.

I don't know about contacting my mom...I think about it, but sometimes it's like she didnt even try to come for us later on, (maybe she was confused or embarrased or ashamed)..that I know of at least. And she has another daughter with another man, but I donot know if her and the man are still together.

Anyhow...After reading your reply angel77, callin 911 and letting the phone sit sounds like a great idea. It's been a week since we have fought...I wish I would of known those ideas a few months ago when I could of really used it. I am going to go buy a recorder too..that was another good idea, and try to keep it with me. My gma will say one thing then deny with everything and swear on the Bible she didnt say it, she also calls my boyfriends house harrassing them and I'll look at the caller id after my boyfriend tells me she called again, and I'll ask her and she'll be like "what the he*l I have no reason to call them %@#&%@(#%@&^ people...and I'll be like "its right here on the caller id" then she'll keep denying it. That's very pathetic to me.

Angel77 I do wish I could come stay with you lol, you sound SO very understanding, and I beleive Im lucky to have someone like you let me know that it does happen to others too, and that to keep strong and everything

Right now, she has taken the keys to my car...and won't let me leave anywhere I havent seen my boyfriend in a week and its really hard, even just a week and putting up with her. Right now we have been giving each other the "silent treatment"...i stay in my room 90% of the time now.

PS.

Thanks Thisby for letting me know the consent age, my gma makes up a lot of lies and said that she could send him to jail for 15 years if she wanted to, and she also lies to me saying she sees him with other girls all the time and im a loser to stay with him...she must have a big imagination.

By the way, do you happen to know if I was to leave say run away , or leave the house without her permission could she call the cops and have them look for me? Or do they have to wait 24 hours because I am 17? Or do they just not do anything because I am 17?

I have searched for these laws all over the internet but have come across nothing.

Old 01-08-2004, 11:57 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Angel77 HB User

In all honesty, I don't know about the run away part. I think that if you did she would definately call the cops. You have the option though of telling the cops what's going on and in light of your age, they may do nothing as long as you're not doing anything illegal.
If you do get the recorder, do not use it to prove what she really said, because it will backfire and you'll lose the leverage of using it with out her knowing. Keep it in a coat or backpack that can be in the room without drawing attention....but remember, she's probably nosey enough to find it. Don't leave any evidence of one at all!! Not a reciept or bag that it came in. Open it at school and leave all the wrappers in the trash there.
Do you have anything that she doesn't go through of yours? How do you get away with using the computer without her spying on things?? Is she computer illiterate? Hope so.
If she happens to stumble on this site, tell her it's for a research paper for school or something.
Have you given any thought to talking to a cop prior to the next episode? Do you have a resource officer at school? You could talk to him and she'd never know. It will also help if you keep a journal of the abuse...but keep it at school or a friends house. The last thing you need is her finding out what you're up to.
If you'd like I have a couple friends who are cops, from resource officers to s.w.a.t. cops, I'll ask them for suggestions, or clues that give an officer a heads up that things are not as your gma would have them believe.
One big reccomendation....MOVE THE HECK OUT!!! And once you're gone, stay gone. They can't hurt you if they can't get to you.
Have you talked to b/f's family about how it may be if you come to live with them?? If so, how have they responded? You may also need to be prepared to have a restraining order put in place to keep her from harassing you and this kind family. If you have all talked about it I would aslo suggest that they keep a journal as well on her behaviors, logs of calls on caller i.d. (even pics of it if need be), as well as anything they witness between you and her. That will go a long way with a third party who may get involved to see her for what she is.
I just can't get over how sick this woman is. You are going to be great in life!! You made it through more than most will in a life time and you've resisted falling into their pit. You will fly one day, and the snakes will stay in the pit. Misery loves company, you just don't have to be that company. You stay strong and keep in your heart the knowledge that you made it out of a truly sick situation fully intact.....so many follow the same path.
You will make your own and they will look back and wish they had played nice...now you're in a position to help. Don't go back ever. She's far too sick to get better.
You're parents dear, are another story!! I am a firm believer in just because you can have kids doesn't make you a parent. A parent doesn't save themselves at the expense of their child. The child should be the priority and always know that they are wanted and loved. Know that you are wanted and loved and it doesn't have to come from them. They are too sick to know what they're missing out on.
Let me know if you end up talking to the cop at school or what becomes of the recording. I would suggest calling the cops ahead of time so they know the situation up front. I would also tell them not to respond lights and sirens if possible, don't want to give medussa a heads up so she can put her snakes away!!
Sorry, I'm on one huh!! Just brings back the memories of my oh so wonderful childhood!!! On a lighter note, I'm the happiest little clam with my life right now!! This clam even produced two beautiful little pearls that complete my life!! Have a good night. I'm not headin' to bed just yet, so I'll check back just before I go snoozing.

Old 01-09-2004, 12:01 PM   #12
Inactive

ForgetMeKnot HB User

Thanks for your reply

I don't want to involve my school, they have been involved enough and hurt me more because my gma "played" them just like a flute. They bought everything she said. And I was told "ur still a little girl and ur gma is a great person and she knows best"....That is what the dean told me, i got filled with tears and couldnt defend myself to him I was so shaken by what he said to me..After I graduate I plan on going back and saying a few words to him, or hopefully running into him in public, and let him know "im not a little girl, a little girl does not drive a car, have a job, or go through troubles like this, and if this little girl ever did anything illegal this little girl would not be tried in court as a little girl but as an adult!"...My counselors were a little more understanding..but they didnt really say much except you'll be 18 soon. (take in note this all happend back in early September '03).

I am somewhat confused on what to do with the recorder...if its not to be used to see how she is..how am i suppose to use it?

I have had plenty of witnesses see our fights, my gpa, my sister, and my aunt. The only thing is my gpa is her wife and I beleive he would stick up for her, and my aunt is her only daughter and is the same way and would definitly go against me as she has always been jelous of me and her own daughter who got a promise ring from her boyfriend, $250 dollars, and my aunt took it from my cousin and keeps it for herself....real low. My cousins boyfriend lives in TN but was back for a while to give it to her.

My sister on the other hand experiences the same with me...but then it might just look like we are teaming up against my gma, if everyone else lies.

My gma doesnt go picking through my jores or anything or really in my room..besides one time she got on my computer and that is how she find out I was having sex cuz I left the screensaver off and my conversation with my boyfriend was still up. Thats how it all began. I came home from school in tears...it was embarrasing.

I even had a minor yeast infection, and went to the gyne myself and told them to not put it on the insurance and that i would pay for it in cash so my gma wouldnt see on the insurance ...I then went and picked up my prescription also by myself...and paid for it all. It was a lot but it was worth it, rather than deal with another fight. I was a nervous wreck the whole time, and was able to use my monistat in my room, hiding it so she wouldnt find out then freak out thinking i had a std. I disposed of everything.

My gma was raised in a Catholic Church School (all girls) by mean Nuns. They were VERY strict. My gma thinks thongs or anything besides big white granny underwear are dirty, and colorful bras are dirty..and wont go to the store with me when I need them. She also won't buy pads (feminime napkins or tampons) for me or my sister, so we do that on our own also.

She thinks anything to do with the human private parts is dirty.

Old 01-09-2004, 01:19 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Angel77 HB User

I would never count on the witnesses you mentioned!!
As for the recorder, I don't know how sensitive they are, but you could ask a person at the electronics store for advice. Another idea just popped into my head..you always see on talk shows, the nannycam. They are expensive but are built into an object so that no one can see them and some also record.
Where do the fights happen mostly? You could search the net for objects like this. I think there are also "spy" stores that carry them, although I'm not sure about the price or exactly where to get them. If it is cost prohibitive, would you feel ok asking b/f for the money? It would be worth it, but it would have to be soon, so you have the ammo you need if you need to get out.
How old is your sister? Is there a chance that once your 18 you could take her with you? You would have a good chance of becoming her legal guardian if you have proof of the severity of the situation and she's close to your age. Another option for her would be if b/f's gp's said she could come as well....that's if you want her to.
As for the school, you didn't say if you have a resource officer...they are cops that work in the school. If you do, do you know who it is and do you feel comfortable with that person? That would be an awesome resource. I think it would lend credibility to your side if he sees that you are trying to find options to be safe as well as show what is really going on.
As for her strict upbringing...I have yet to meet a "normal, stable" Catholic that has a problem with femine hygiene. She's just using that as an excuse to keep denying your needs and make you miserable. God gave women the feminine "issues" so we could have children, not so some crazy lady could hold it over our heads!!!! How sanitary is it to leave you with out hygiene products?? If she thinks it's dirty now, what the heck would happen if you were unable to buy them for yourself???? That's gross and dirty, not keeping clean isn't.

Old 01-09-2004, 03:25 PM   #14
Inactive

ForgetMeKnot HB User

My sister is 15 and wont be 16 til November. When i move out my dad once said he'd buy me a house and get it put in my name...Then I wouldnt know if my sister would be able to come live with me or not.

My boyfriends grandparents already came out and said that when im 18 I can go live with them. I have never really talked to them about it, but that is what my b/fs gma said.

Tonight me and my boyfriend are going to go look at recording devices.

And yes my gma is computer illiterate ...thank God.

Me and my boyfriend just the other day also talked about how we'll have to probably get a court restriction against her when I move out, because she will call and leave harrassing messages, like she does now once in a while.

My gma is all about money, and property. She even allowed me a car last summer..I dont know whether to get me away from my boyfriend because he has a really nice car, and allowed me to get the same kind. But my dad is paying for it, but it's in her name since I am not 21. So my gma can be nice, she also usually buys us whatever we want...But it's all about material things with her.

She is definitly not happy in her marriage, she fights with my gpa all the time. And yells at him for stupid things, just to have something to yell about.

For about a week, everything has been pretty quiet around here, because I have not been able to lead a normal teenage life and leave the house, I have kept myself in my room, and away from everybody. But I talk to people online, and do other things online to keep my busy.

Last edited by ForgetMeKnot; 01-09-2004 at 03:26 PM.

Closed Thread