It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2004, 09:15 PM   #1

kawaii_neko HB User
Shaving my Vagina

Hey,

I'm a girl and I want to shave my vagina, I've been trying to look for information on the internet, but the information is very unreliable and hard to come by. [deleted] Also, are there methods to keep the area permanently bare, if i didn't want to constantly shave?

Thanks

Last edited by Mod-S4; 03-23-2004 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Do not ask for links to outside websites. Posting links results in a banning. Please read the board guidlines.

Old 03-23-2004, 11:12 PM   #2

Liliput HB User
Re: Shaving my Vagina

Hey cute cat! (kawaii neko!)

Shaving will just make you itch, and could lead to ingrown hairs, which are painful.

But if you really want to do it, be careful! Use a new razor, as older ones are duller and cut more. Use a good shaving cream and warm water to soften the hair and open pores. Hair removal creams are ok for use only on upper regions, do NOT use them on the sensitive areas!

The only way to permanently remove the hair is electrolosis, but that's expensive, takes forever, and hurts too.

Hope that helps-

Last edited by Liliput; 03-23-2004 at 11:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2004, 05:15 AM   #3

kawaii_neko HB User

Does anyone have a set of intructions or a method of which how to do it, because I've never done it before. I'm really unsure of how to do it, but i want the area bare.

Thanks

Ah.. also another question, when the hair grows back, will it be a lot thicker and longer? which would mean i have to keep it permanently shaved once i start?

Last edited by kawaii_neko; 03-24-2004 at 05:59 AM.

Old 03-24-2004, 05:44 AM   #4
Inactive

Karla HB User

I use sicors to cut ALL my hair down there as short as possible. Then I use the sideburn trimmer on my electric razor to get the hair even shorter. Then I use the regular razor to shave it bare. That is the easiest way. However, I have just cut it and then used a regular razor to shave it as well. But as the earlier poster said. Use lots of warm water, shaving cream (if using a reg non electric razor) and you will be fine.

Old 03-24-2004, 09:27 AM   #5

aab77 HB User

You could also use some kind of hair removal cream like nair or get it waxed. That would last a little longer...
waxing would be painful at first but would last a while.
If you do shave, just be very very careful.

Old 03-24-2004, 10:13 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

jojo64 HB User

Lord, don't use Nair or one of those products it will burn like crazy. Either shave or get waxed. If you decide to shave you'll probably have to do it every day unless you don't mind stubble. It won't come in thicker or anything though.

Old 03-24-2004, 11:18 AM   #7

kawaii_neko HB User

Ok... no hair removing cream, shaving then.

When i'm done shaving, is there such a thing as a hair growth inhibitor or something, that'd be safe to put on my vagina, to reduce the rate of hair growth and this stubble you are talking about, and eventually completely stop hair growth there? I really don't want to shave every day and have to constantly maintain it, but i want it to remain really smooth... Please no waxing... I've tried it on my legs it was terrible...

Last edited by kawaii_neko; 03-24-2004 at 11:21 AM.

Old 03-24-2004, 12:42 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blastoff9600 HB UserBlastoff9600 HB User

First you arent shaving your vagina...hari doesnt grow in the vagina and getting a razor in there would be rather unusual. It is called the Vulva that you are actually shaving.
There are no creams that inhibit hair growth for that area.
I have been shaving for 9 years now and I dont shave every day more like every other day. I dont have a problem with stubble or ingrown hairs.
The only way you could get it where you dont have to maintain it is to have the hair lasered off and that can take several sessions and isnt that cheap. Even with laser removal of hair chances are you will have to go in once a year or so to have touch-ups done.

Now when I first started shaving I trimmed the hair very short with scissors and then got int he shower with warm/hot water to help in shaving. I dont use shaving creams because I cant find any that dont burn or cause a rash on my skin. I have tried numerous one on my legs and since I get that kind of reaction on my legs I sure as heck dont want to risk it with my vuvla. When I shave I first shave with the hair growth and then against it. Try not to go over the same area more than twice until your skin is use to being shaved there. That helps cut down on razor burn. After I am done shaving and showering I put nonscent lotion on and then no clothes/or underwear for at least 10 mintues afterward. I have rarely had to deal with ingrown hairs and so far no bumps or rashes. Ihave seen some ladies on here who use Ban to prevent bumps and such. I haven tried it.
There are also shavers in which you can order online that make it easier to maintain the smooth feel. There are some ladies and even men who have raved about them. I have considered getting one but so far havent ordered one.
You can do a search of the boards and find many posts about shaving if you want to see other tips.
TTC #3 since 01/02

Old 03-27-2004, 08:11 AM   #9
Inactive

ladivapr HB User

Yeah laser is the only best solution to be bare and hassle free for life. It is expensive and it is painful but well worth it. I have only had one session and I can say 90% is gone. If you do a good search of derm and laser places you can find good deals. Some places may allow you to have one or two sessions and thats all you would need to have it mostly all gone. The hair left or the hair that could possibly grow over the years basis is so few you wont care about retouch. On a last note about the pain, it is just as waxing. I am by far very pleased! My skin could never stand a razor anyways (I would get bumps no matter what!).

Old 03-27-2004, 04:47 PM   #10
(female)

tallgirl HB User

ok well now i have a question... i have shaved mine before and it was ok the first time but then the next day i needed to do it again.... so i did and hurt!!! because of the stubbles... how can i do it without it hurting..... i got a rash too... so my question is how can i do it without getting a rash or without it hurting after i have shaved it already.... it makes me beed too because of the stubbles... does that mean that i have to shave with the growth of the hair instead of against it???? ohh yeah and what about sweating down there because i play basketball and for some reason i sweat down there so i usually wear a pad to absorb it.... y am i sweating down there??? and is there anyway that i can prevent it.... will the sweating be worse if i shave???? thanx for any help

Old 03-27-2004, 04:50 PM   #11
(female)

tallgirl HB User

oh and i forgot to tell you i only sweat down there in games or durring practice so it isnt an everyday thing is there anyway that i can stop that or does every girl sweat down there durring vigorous exercise

Old 03-27-2004, 09:32 PM   #12
(female)

oopixistix20oo HB User

First off I doubt you're shaving your vagina, cos thats nearly impossible... Second off, I agree with all the above posters...Once you start shaving tho, like your legs, you cant stop b/c it gets thicker, and more of it...Do it in the shower, warm water, lots of shaving gel, and a clean fresh razor... BE CAREFUL!.. what I do is I lift my leg on the shower wall, do one side, and then the next.. It helps you to see what you are doing- Make sure you rise well after to get rid of those loose hairs, also when I'm done I put non-fragrent lotion on it, make sure not to get it inside!!! good'luck-pixi

Old 03-29-2004, 12:01 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

desertdweller HB User

I have a Esthetician and Cosmetology license so I've studied this. Hair growning in thicker after shaving is a myth. It just appears as though it does. If your body hair is getting thicker and longer, it would of changed that way shaving or not. It is just a coincidence. People for the most part get hairier as they get older.
Other than that, there is some good advice here. My 2 cents is to use unscented baby powder after you shave the pubic area. For me, it prevents ingrown hairs. Also, don't shave everyday, it can cause a rash.

Old 03-30-2004, 06:06 PM   #14

shykurwa HB User

hi im a dude =P and i shave my penis but the first couple times i got to close so i just used a sideburn trimmer and trimed it down,but if u ask me i would shave it coz it turns most guys on if u have a boyfiend.=P

Old 03-30-2004, 07:18 PM   #15

kingtut HB User

^^^^make sure youre talking about the vaginal area and people dont think youre gay!!

Closed Thread