It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2004, 10:01 PM   #1

bensbabygirl HB User
Unhappy Stomach Getting Hard

My mother keeps telling me she thinks im pregnant because my stomach is getting harder. I did have my period for this month but it only lasted for 3-4 days. Then i heard that you can be pregnant and still have your period. I was wondering what are the signs of pregnacy ? And is it normal for my stomach to be overly hard in general or is this a consern (Pregnant) ? And is their any other ways i can tell ? If anyone can help me out with some advice that would be great. Mag's

Old 08-03-2004, 10:12 PM   #2

ILikeRats HB User
Re: Stomach Getting Hard

The symptoms are different for everyone. Go get a home pregnancy test from the drug store.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2004, 10:43 PM   #3

ItalianChick200 HB User

First of all is there any possible chance that you could be pregnant and is your stomach getting bigger or is it just getting harder? I'd be concerned about that, I'm not tryin to scare you. I would definitely get a pregnancy test, the ones you buy at the store work well and they cost only like $7 or so. Good luck!

Old 08-04-2004, 05:26 PM   #4

bensbabygirl HB User

Well my stomach is getting bigger and harder. And i took a test like just over two weeks ago and it was negative. Could the test be wrong ? Should i take another one just to make sure ? Mag's

Old 08-04-2004, 05:31 PM   #5

Kapera_X HB User

How old are you?

Old 08-05-2004, 10:36 AM   #6

bensbabygirl HB User

I am 18 almost i will be shortly why do you ask ?

Old 08-05-2004, 10:56 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User

You could have taken a test too ealry. You need to test around the time your period is due. How is your mom reacting to all of this?

I am 19 weeks pregnant and my stomache is no where close to being hard!

Old 08-05-2004, 02:17 PM   #8

ItalianChick200 HB User

I would go to the doctor and get that checked out, it could be something serious.

Old 08-05-2004, 02:28 PM   #9

Rhadianze HB User

Bens... I dont want to make you worry but when I got pregnant with my son, I still had my period very lightly for about 3 months. It came at the same time that it always had and started in the same way , but by about the 3rd or 4th day it would just go away again.
And I also took two home pregnancy tests that showed up negative and then inconclusive (the line was there but sooooo faint it was almost invisible.)
I finally went to the doctor and had a blood pregnancy test done to know for sure. And I was !
But one thing that might help if you do take a home pregnancy test again , would be to drink a fair amount before going to bed and then take the test in the morning. The doctor informed me of this when I went to get the blood test. She said that the hormones in your urine that the test reacts to when pregnant are most concentrated in the morning due to not having eaten for a long period of time.
Keep us updated!

Old 08-05-2004, 02:41 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

blue_eyed_girl HB User

[QUOTE=Rhadianze (the line was there but sooooo faint it was almost invisible.)
[/QUOTE]

This is a positive test. Mine was faint and I was told a line is a line and a positive is a positive. It is more common to have a false negative than a false positive. The only ways I know of getting a false positive is if you are taking hormones or you let the test time run out and an evaporation line appears.

Old 08-05-2004, 06:58 PM   #11

bensbabygirl HB User

Ok thank you i will do that. Oh my mom isnt really freaking that much but she is kind of all worried cause my older sister is 3 months pregnant. Mag's

Old 08-05-2004, 11:41 PM   #12
(female)

liljo HB User

gd luck 2 u,

im kinda worried i mite be too,
no symptoms but a nigling feeling
could just be paranoia,
going on holiday 2day in a caravan to scotland so not much privacy to try a test,
will probs take my *** 2 drs that way i am gettin a defin8 yes or no,

luv liljo

Old 08-06-2004, 12:03 AM   #13

Rhadianze HB User

I suppose you are right blue-eyed-girl, but I wanted to know for sure! And besides, I was 19 at the time, first time using a home pregnancy test and certainly, denial will make you second guess, or flat out blind you, to just about anything pertaining to that which you are denying!

Everyone keep us updated on the results of the tests, etc! (Liljo and Bens)

Old 08-06-2004, 01:19 PM   #14

so_confuzzled HB User

OK like asked do you have any reason you could be pregnant? I mean obviously if youve had intercourse or anythingl ike that you have a chance of getting pregnant. I would go to the doctor if I were you. Not all stomaches get hard but its kinda sounds like You might be, that is if you have a reason. I dunno what to tell you its either that or soething is wrong with your stomach lol good luck i hope all goes well-chrystal

Old 08-09-2004, 09:59 AM   #15

bensbabygirl HB User

Well im buying the home test when i get paid on Friday. So hopefully i will know by Saturday morning.I will use the advice of taken the test early in the morning. And thank you all for your help. I will let you know as soon as i know. And yes there could be a high chance of me being pregnant because im allergic to condoms so me and my boyfriend cannot use them so we dont but he does pull out but there is also pre-*** which has me worried. Well thank you all. Mag's

Closed Thread