It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2004, 08:11 PM   #1

sk8ter kashaku HB User
wats so wrong w/ hickies?

Well i gave my girlfriend sum hickies the toher day... and i emna thier nto massivly large their barly noticable liek about 2 feet away.... and her moms kdina frekain out... and he rmom wnats to ahve a talk w/ me? i dunow ats soooo bad about them.. can anyone explain this?

Old 09-11-2004, 08:46 PM   #2
Veteran

Aunt-Bon HB User
Re: wats so wrong w/ hickies?

Personally I think there disgusting. I think it is terrible to look at someone with that on there neck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2004, 08:49 PM   #3

sk8ter kashaku HB User

how is a hickie disgusting ... suck on ur arm thasts all it is.. look at a bruise thats all it is... ahve u ever kissed usmoen and ur lips got more red.. u got a hickie on ur lips.. its kidna the same jsut blood sucked to the surface..

Old 09-11-2004, 09:22 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Hickeys are a way of saying to the world "hey! I'm having sex, or at least fooling around enough to let someone suck on my neck for a while, whoo hoo!"

And I'm sure your gf's mom thinks this is just great and very classy, right? c'mon, what do you think she's going to think? That she's going to be proud of her daughter?

And even if she IS okay with you and her daughter making out - or even having sex for that matter - do you think she wants the world to know? And how old is her daughter anyway?

btw, people do not get hickies on their lips from kissing. The sucking has to be pretty hard to create a hickey, and only really weird kissers would do that. And there is a big differene between kissing and a hickey.

It's also nothing like sucking on your own arm. A hickey on the neck HAS to be done by someone else and is a very clear indicator of what was going on at the time (sex or at least a make-out session). A bruise on your arm says nothing. I hope you aren't planning on using that attitude when you're talking to her mom...

Old 09-12-2004, 06:33 AM   #5
(female)

SarahArnett243 HB User

hickies definitely make girls look...um let's say "non-classy". like thisby said, it's shouting to the world that you're messing around.

tell her mom that you're sorry, that you didn't realize how it would make a girl look and that you didn't mean anything by it. be sincere. tell her it won't happen again...and maybe you shouldn't let it happen again. esp not on her neck...

Old 09-12-2004, 08:06 AM   #6

motherearth HB User

Hello
When my daughter came home with a hickie I went and brought her boyfriend a baby soother.The hickies stopped,
Rareearth

Old 09-12-2004, 09:07 AM   #7
Inactive

OneWayOut HB User

Well first of all, most mothers get ****** off because their daughters come home with them way too young to brag about being sexual. To most, hickies are something that you get durring sex. Personally, my mother said you dont wear them around out of respect because to most people its an announcment saying "look at me im trashy and dont care." There's stereotypes around them that put out a bad message just like tattoos do so if you have a job or proper teachers, ect-they look at you different which is what mothers do not want. So naturally, they dont have a good reputation because you never see decent adults with them (even tho that doesnt mean they dont get their neck sucked) and i know when i see them most, its a little 15 year old girl with about 15 ofem all over her, which looks riduculous.

Old 09-12-2004, 10:38 AM   #8
(male)

marsen HB User

We call these 'hickeys' 'grots' in england. I've heard of girls gettin em in plenty of palces, not jsut their necks.........in fact, i gave a girl some elsewhere other than her neck, bu at least you couldn't see them. They aren't very attractive, and I mean, if she bruises easily they might be accidental, but you have to suck pretty hard on a girl who doesnt bruise easily.

Old 09-12-2004, 02:25 PM   #9

Loryna HB User

i kno my mom got mad when i came home with hickeys bc she thinks it looks ****ty(as most of these people have said in a nicer way) and also because it can pysically hurt your body and give u blood clots

Old 09-12-2004, 02:29 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

eminemworshipper HB User

i know it may sound silly, but hickies are regarded as 'trashy' and supposedly give off a wrong impression to people. Guys have given me them by accident because i have a very sensitive skin to bruises and i feel ashamed when i get them that i cover them up or hide them with clothing. If u really like getting them...i suggest u get them somewhere not so visible sort of thing....sometimes they do feel really nice when someone gives u them on the neck- but the aftermath isnt very nice.

Mothers dont like them full stop- even if you were thirty, i guess if i had a daughter, id also be a little worried...

Old 09-12-2004, 05:35 PM   #11

Sheresh HB User

Yea hickies are just to say your having sexual relations with someone. Also just how old are you? I have a feeling your not quite old enough to be doing that anyways, but try to look at it from her moms point, if shes young enough, its telling her mother that shes doing things with you she probably shouldnt be at this age. Hickies were never in and will never be.

Old 09-13-2004, 10:44 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

barton93 HB User

I think hickies are 100% unattractive!!! I think if you are going to give or receive a hicky.........at least put it in a place where no one else has to see it! Displaying them to the world, in my opinion, is very immature.

Old 09-14-2004, 07:12 PM   #13
Veteran

jeepbabe HB User

well i think hickies are okay if you are an adult and can handle what comes after hickies. Her mom is prob just worried about the stuff that follows these things. Also just a suggestion i think it would be good for all of us to help you if we could read you message a little better.

Sunnie

Old 09-14-2004, 09:57 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

barton93 HB User

I, on the other hand, think hickies on an adult are much worse!!! My sister in law is 26 and she always walks around with hickies and it is so disgusting. She is a mother!!! I have 2 children...........and I would never let my husband give me one. I have never liked them.......not even in my teen years.

In my opinion..........giving hickies and receiving them show lack of maturity? They are just down right nasty. I would seriously kick my kids butt if she ever came home with them on her! Anyone that allows hickies to be put on their body for the world to see obviously has no self respect whatsoever. Intimacy in any way, shape or form is meant to be a private thing.

Old 09-15-2004, 09:26 AM   #15
Veteran

jeepbabe HB User

Well I am glad that you have said it twice now but the fact still remains that everyone is different so to make a mass judgement like that is kinda close minded. I have a lot of self respect but I get hickies from the man I love. I am an adult and I personally don't think they are disgusting or that they show a lack of self respect or maturity. As a matter of fact I believe that they are beautiful and show a sign of passion in any relationship. Not to say that you lack passion if you don't have hickies but it is to say that it is another sign of showing love for your mate. Before you go making mass judgements you might want to remember that everyone is different and that what they choose to do to their bodies is not for anyone else to judge unless of course you are their parent and they are quite frankly to young (i.e. under 18) to have hickies.

Sunnie

Closed Thread