It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2005, 08:04 PM   #1
(male)

kokozzzjp HB User
Question During my physical exam(I am nude),mom stays in the room.

Hi, I am 1* years old boy. I have a question.

During my physical exam my mom stays in the room the whole exam and I am naked for the whole exam (The doctor does penis and testicle exam), and mom watches that.

How can I convince her not to stay in the room?

Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-07-2005 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Due to your age, you may not post your age. Please read the Special Rules sticky at the top of the board.

Old 05-07-2005, 08:36 PM   #2
(male)

Smooth23 HB User
Re: During my physical exam(I am nude),mom stays in the room.

Simple, tell her to get out and the doctor has a legal obligation to get her out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2005, 08:42 PM   #3
(female)

ladybank90 HB User
Cool Re: During my physical exam(I am nude),mom stays in the room.

Hi koko....you need to remind your mom that you're almost an adult, and it's inappropriate for her to stay. Another way around it, is to call your Doctor before the visit, and mention this to him, then maybe he'll come out and tell your mom...that it's just you that should be in the room....that one worked for me...I called when my mom wasn't around...that's going back some years lol....good luck!!!

Old 05-08-2005, 07:05 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User

Many doctor will have someone of the opposite sex present for a full exam. They prevent lawsuits that way.

My doctor always has a nurse present for my exams.

So do you want a strange woman or your mother present?

Old 05-08-2005, 07:11 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User

When I was a teenager my dad stayed in the room a couple of times. Don't know about you but its time for Mom to go.....

Old 05-08-2005, 08:18 AM   #6
(female)

JennaLynnK HB User

I told my mom I didn't want her in the doctors office since I was real young. She backed off because I would refuse to take off my clothes or let the doctor touch me if she was in there. I know that sounds really childish but I was little. Throw a fit if you really want to I guess. If I was you though I would get her out of that room. That would be so weird.

Old 05-11-2005, 06:17 PM   #7

lucky33 HB User

For one I have never EVER seen a Dr. who makes the chid\teen stay naked for the entire exam PERIOD and I have worked in Dr's offices for 17 years!!!! I would change Dr's immediately if it were me unless your Dr. can give you a valid reason for this.... I have also been to the Dr. hundreds of times in my life and I have never been required to stay nude ... JMHO of course!

Old 05-11-2005, 07:19 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

last1 HB User

I hope that you understand that everyone who has responded to this post is in your corner and agrees with you. As for whether you would want your mother or a stranger in the room this issue must be noted that the stranger is also a medical professional, hired by your doctor. I think you need to sit with mom and dad (is there a dad) and explain your concern and that you simply expect that they will remain in the waiting room while you have your exam. If they disagree, then I would simply refuse to go to the doctor -the doctor cannot force you into having the exam against your will. But you are mature, your body is changing, and you have the priviledge of maintaining your modesty and privacy. I would hope that they concur. chris

Old 05-11-2005, 08:30 PM   #9
Veteran
(male)

toaskornottoask HB User

I think you need to tell her it makes you uncomfortable and ask her to leave or get the doctor to do it. As far as having to be completely nude for the exam...why? All I've ever had to do is "drop my britches" and cough and then im done. My doctor always asks the female nurses and whatnot to leave so it's just me and him.

Closed Thread