It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2005, 02:14 PM   #1
(female)

allie58 HB User
Red face How do i get rid of this hickey?

I have a big hickey on my neck and I need to get rid of it or cover it up reallly well!!!!!!!!!! FAST!
ANY IDEAS??????????????

Old 06-11-2005, 04:06 AM   #2
(male)

myhealthybody HB User
Re: How do i get rid of this hickey?

As far as I know, there is no way of getting of hickies. Just give it a few days. In the mean time wear something with a collar

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2005, 11:16 AM   #3
(female)

JennaLynnK HB User

A hickey is the same thing as a bruise, so unless you know of someway of getting rid of that I suggest either make up or a collar

Old 06-11-2005, 11:22 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Ding HB User

scarves are always good

Old 06-11-2005, 03:32 PM   #5
(female)

msdancecheer HB User

try some ice right after u get a hickey next time

Old 06-11-2005, 08:51 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User

Hey I had my fair share of these in highschool. The one thing that ALWAYS worked for me was a lipstick cap...but i must warn you...after doing it for awhile it hurt like all HECK. You'll have to twist it in a circular motion (mind you..the area might get really red of course, but goes away in a couple of minutes), but for some reason it always worked for me....if that doesn't work, you can always wear a turtle neck and claim it's FREEZING!

Last edited by redsoxcubbies; 06-11-2005 at 08:53 PM.

Old 06-14-2005, 11:27 AM   #7
(male)

kramhill HB User

A hicky is just blood rushing to your skin because it is being stimulated - hard. Its just like anything else - if you get hit somewhere and it doesnt bruise, it can leave a red mark. Hicky's go away in a couple days if not shorter, in my experience.

Old 08-15-2005, 06:32 PM   #8
(female)

Melissa1983 HB User

BEST HICKEY RESOLVER EVER

A hickey is just a bruise, meaning broken blood vessles that have clumped themselves together. Now, you can help the fact that they are broken, those have to fix themselves, BUT you can unclump them. This trick I learned when I was about 18.. so I still had a lot of akward moments in high school with using scarves, weird shaded cover-up, the whole nine yards..

Anyways.. when you first get it, use a warm (warm being the key word) compress.. The best way (to avoid having to use a soaking warm towel) is to run warm-hot water over a spoon.. Then place the spoon on the hickey.. this will help get the blood flowing around the broken blood vessels.. Right after that, take that spoon and put it in the freezer... (you'll need it for later)..

Next, take a regular comb, or one of those paddle brushes, and basically "comb" the hickey out.. run the brush/comb up and down, side to side along the surface of the skin.. A brush would be the best in this situation, cuz it has soft, tipped bristles.. Do this for a couple minutes.. it'll look funny, and you'll notice the spot getting red, but the redness will go away so fast.

Once youve done this over and over, take the spoon (thats in the freezer) and place it on the spot.. Now you want to use a cold compress to keep the blood vessels (that have now been spread out) in place.. Keep it on there until it gets warm from your skin temperature. The area might stay a little red for about 5 minutes... but the hickey should be rather un-noticable compared to when you first got it.

Old 08-16-2005, 05:06 AM   #9
(female)

unknowntoall HB User

Wow, people have strange techniques, lol. I have a major hickey on my collar bone at the moment, and I never thought of ways to get rid of it; my only problem is hiding it from my father. But I dunno...taking all the tie to "comb" the hickey out...? I'll admit that is kind of cool that you actually know that, but I'm just like screw it, it doesn't take much time to fade. Next time make sure he puts a hickey in a place that isn't visibl for the rest of the world.

Closed Thread