It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2005, 08:37 PM   #1
(female)

avha HB User
Question my vigina has been really itchy what can i do to stop it ?

ok well for the past few days my vigina has been real icthy is it because i have sexual intercourse and dont clean my vigina at the moment? or is it because my partner gives me oral? i dont really know what to do what should i do are there any home medications?

Old 06-11-2005, 08:44 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User
Re: my vigina has been really itchy what can i do to stop it ?

Do you have unprotected sex to where he ejaculated inside of you? It sounds so me like you might have a slight yeast infection. They're pretty common in young girls and women. I've actually had 2. What you can do is go to your pharamacy and pick up a box of monistat (maybe the 7 day treatment) and treat yourself every night for 7 nights straight (DO NOT HAVE SEX OF ANY KIND UNTIL THE TREATMENT IS DONE). However there are other treatments that take only 1 day. In my opinion however, since you are now sexually active it is time you start seeing a gynocologist and setting up yearly exams. When I had itching I made sure to see the Dr. first and make sure that it was a yeast infection 100% before I tried to treat it...this way they may either give you a prescription for an antibiotic or in fact prescribe you something else...depending on what they see. Good luck, i know those things are a pain in the butt!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2005, 08:51 PM   #3
(female)

avha HB User

yes i do have unprotected sex .........but what happens if i just ignore it ? is it bad or does it gets worst?

Old 06-11-2005, 08:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User

Of course it gets worse...HINTS the name yeast INFECTION. This could possibly lead to infertility down the road and gosh forbid maybe even a form of cervical cancer. Why would you just want to ignore it...the itching is HORRID.

On another note...are you TRYING to get pregnant by having unprotected sex?

Last edited by redsoxcubbies; 06-11-2005 at 08:57 PM.

Old 06-11-2005, 08:58 PM   #5
(female)

avha HB User

i forgot to type that iam also 5 months pregnant .....now i know i have to talk to my doctor the thing is i thought the itching want that of a big thing but now i know that it is

Old 06-11-2005, 09:01 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User

Okay, 5 months pregnant. I had a yeast infection when I was pregnant as well...they are normal (sometimes because of the medication your on). Call your Dr. tomorrow first thing in the morning because if you don't treat it a yeast infection can lead to PRE-TERM labor. Call the office tomorrow and PLEASE make them aware of your situation, so they (the DR) can tell you the best way to treat it.

Last edited by redsoxcubbies; 06-11-2005 at 09:16 PM.

Old 06-11-2005, 09:24 PM   #7
(female)

avha HB User

well thanks for your help i appreciate alot thank you .....

Old 06-11-2005, 11:17 PM   #8
(female)

BHB85 HB User

maybe it's a side effect of pregnancy..?
i'm not sure if you can take it while pregnant, but if you can, ask your GN for DIFLUCAN--miracle yeast infection pill..i've had 2 before and you will see results within a day or two of taking the pill

Old 06-12-2005, 05:08 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

sparkleflower HB User

I completely disagree with redsoxcubbies. A yeast infection is NOT going to lead to anything more than a worse yeast infection - and certainly NOT cervical cancer. Nor will it lead to preterm labor (I believe s/he was thinking of bacterial vaginosis, which actually can lead to preterm labor). A yeast infection is an overgrowth of the normal yeast in your vagina. The worst thing an untreated yeast infection will do is cause more itching and a worse infection.

Talk with your doctor. Among the OTC treatments, I prefer the three-day; the one-day has never worked for me, and seven days is a pain ;-)

Old 06-12-2005, 01:44 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkleflower
I completely disagree with redsoxcubbies. A yeast infection is NOT going to lead to anything more than a worse yeast infection - and certainly NOT cervical cancer. Nor will it lead to preterm labor
Avha, if you have any questions or concerns...something you feel that isn't right during your pregnancy, dont hesitate to be seen by your OB/GYN. The health of your child is crucial. I was put on Terbudaline & bedrest at 25 weeks to stop my pre-term labor contractions due to a yeast infection so be careful & never hesitate when you feel something is just out of the norm. Other than that you, darlin, have a healthy 9 months.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 06-12-2005 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Unnecessary comments deleted.

Old 07-04-2005, 11:00 PM   #11
(female)

Alicia123 HB User

It is 90% probability you have a yeast infection. Get the treatment (I only had one once, and used Canesten...it worked) and it will be fine. But don't leave it. It just will stay itchy. And start using condoms! (didn't your parents teach you about STD's?!) You probably don't have an STD, but rememeber this...STD's are becoming a LARGE problem, and always have been...and they can go ASYMPTOMATIC for several months...you can have it, and not know it, and be symptom free..and pass it on to other partners. CONDOMS PROTECT!

Closed Thread