It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2005, 08:39 PM   #1
(male)

CaNaDIaN~BaCON HB User
circumcision not done right

im i mid teenage male whos been circumcized since ive been roughly 7... i just joined these forums and i have to ask is it normal for circumcisions to be screwed up? it looks like theres another ring around my penis :S ***... can this be fixed? is this normal?

Old 12-19-2005, 12:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Geoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB User
Re: circumcision not done right

Things do go wrong with circumcisions, quite commonly but you will have to explain exactly what the problem is in more detail before we can comment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2005, 01:47 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

X5DRIVER HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaNaDIaN~BaCON
im i mid teenage male whos been circumcized since ive been roughly 7... i just joined these forums and i have to ask is it normal for circumcisions to be screwed up? it looks like theres another ring around my penis :S ***... can this be fixed? is this normal?
Circumcision is the safest operation performed in the world today and complications are almost non-existent. I doubt anything was done incorrectly.

What you are describing is completely normal and is where the foreskin was cut during the operation creating skin of a slightly darker color on the penis shaft.

Old 12-20-2005, 04:25 PM   #4
(male)

justinluck HB User

What do you mean by 'another ring'? I was circumsized at birth and have a ring of skin at the base of the head, like most circumsized guys do. Is this the ring you are talking about?

Old 12-21-2005, 07:13 AM   #5
(male)

Polarbear2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5DRIVER
Circumcision is the safest operation performed in the world today and complications are almost non-existent. I doubt anything was done incorrectly.

What you are describing is completely normal and is where the foreskin was cut during the operation creating skin of a slightly darker color on the penis shaft.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but although most circumcisions are complication free, they are certainly not non-existent. The Canadian Pediatric Society says: "Circumcision may lead to complications, which range from minor to severe. They include easily controllable bleeding,84,85 amputation of the glans,84-86 acute renal failure,87 life-threatening sepsis and, rarely, death.84,85 The evidence of postoperative complications is unknown.84 The rates of complications reported in several large case series are low, from 0.2% to 0.6%.8 However, published rates range as widely as 0.06%88 to 55%.89 Williams and Kapila90 have suggested that a realistic rate is between 2% and 10%." A far cry from almost nonexistent.

If you do a search for circumcision complications on the Net, you will find many many references to what could happen. I will agree that the examples are usually the worst case scenarios, but complications have, do, and will happen. I am not trying to start a debate about the merits of circumcision, but just wanted to let the original poster know what is what.

I am circumcised, have no obvious complications, and my remaining inner foreskin reaches just past halfway down my average sized shaft. At the junction between the inner and outer skins, I have a noticeable jagged ring of dark scar tissue from the circumcision. I also have a straight 1 centimeter scar radiating from my meatus (pee hole). All 'normal'. The location of the scar varies by the method used to remove the skin, and preference of the doctor. When you are 18, you can do a search on the Net and find photos of other circumcised penises to note the scar ring. I'm not sure what you mean by "another ring" though.

If it is just a scar, there is probably nothing that can be done as it is "normal". Although laser (birthmark like) surgery may fade it a little, you are left with it. Some may call it a badge of honour, some may call it a disfigurement, to each their own.

Old 12-24-2005, 04:14 PM   #6
(male)

CaNaDIaN~BaCON HB User

its like the stitches were cut before the skin could heal or something?:S
I mean ive had sexual encounters before (bj, hj etc) but i was jw...

Old 12-24-2005, 05:33 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Most circumcised guys have a ring somewhere along the upper shaft of their penis from their circumcision. Unless you have obvious stitch marks, I'd say you've probably got a normal scar, just like they all do.

Closed Thread