It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2006, 06:24 AM   #1
(male)

gohawks84 HB User
Unhappy Have a sexual/mental health problem - Concerning masturbation

I've had this problem for a long time where mastubation almost controls my life, i hope someone can help. I plan my life around masturbation almost, not quite as bad as it sounds, but it's pretty bad, and has seem to become a big problem in my life. I've got it in my head that if i masturbate one day, i can't do anything the next day, and i'll feel depressed until it's the day when i'll masturbate again (usually do it once every 2-3 days).

It's hard to explain, but i'll try my best. Like if i masturbate on Monday for example, i won't go do anything i would normally do on Tuesday. Even if some friends want to go out and do something i just tell them i can't go. I try and avoid everything during the day, because i feel i won't be myself. Though when it's Wednesday, i just live my life like i normally would, driving around doing errands and such. I don't know why, but it's related to masturbation for sure. I go out and play golf a lot, and i feel i can't mastubate within a day or so of playing golf, or else i will not play well. This is also the case for all the other sports i play. If i mastubate the previous day (or the same day before i play the sports) i feel like i won't play as good as i normally do. The bad thing is that due to me thinking like that, i lose confidence and end up actually not playing as well as i usually would, so masturbation does actually affect me there, it's a big mental problem when trying to focus during sports.

I can't convince myself that masturbation won't make me worse at sports or make me unable to do things i would normally do. I've really tried to convince myself to stop thinking like this. It is really crazy after all (I especially noticed how crazy it sounds after typing this all out). I don't know what to do...Anyone ever heard of someone having the same kind of problem or had the problem themselves? Is there like a medical term (besides crazy) for this problem i have? It's even worse if masturbation doesn't go well, like if a bad orgasm. Then i'm extra depressed until i have a satisfying masturbation experience.

I've often considered just giving up masturbation, but i don't feel like i should have to. I do like masturbation a lot...what's not to like? - It's really hard to enjoy it though when it runs my life. I think about it a lot too, and like i said, plan my schedules around it. I am depressed every day that is an "inbetween" day on my mastubating schedule (i don't really have a schedule for it...just in my head i mean)

This is really a big problem, which is mostly mental i assume. I could really use help here. It's been like this for at least 3 years. I think it all started a pretty long while ago when i heard that masturbating makes you worse at sports the following day, or something like that. Somehow i guess it stuck in my head and now i not only apply it to sports, but every day life. Like i think if i masturbate one night i won't be the same the following day, and won't be able to do anything right. I know that's all bullcrap, but i can't stop living my life like that. I consider myself to be a real smart chap, but this is a big mental thing i can't get over.

Anyone have any advice because go check myself in to the nuthouse? This is not something i would bring up with any doctors or anything like that (for obvious reasons), the people at this message board may be my only hope.

Last edited by gohawks84; 05-06-2006 at 06:27 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2006, 07:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

mrbojangle HB User
Re: Have a sexual/mental health problem - Concerning masturbation

You have a mental situation with masturbation, but certainly not serious enough to even think in terms of going to a "nut house"; please get that thought out of your mind!! Start today and convince your self that masturbation will not control you life in any way. Go and play golf or any sport and play the best you can not thinking about masturbating spoiling your game. Then when you relax, and you feel like you want to pleasure your self, think of the enjoyment only. Good Luck to you!!

Old 05-06-2006, 08:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

I agree that what you're describing is not 'nut-house' material, but you do have a problem. I think you should probably get some kind of professional help because your description sounds like obsessive compulsive behavior. Your behavior isn't rational.

Someone with knowledge in that area should be able to help you get over your faulty thinking process, or at least control it, and help you get over this.

And if it makes any difference, masturbation does not reduce your physical capabilities, it is a normal, healthy practice (when not done to extremes, like everything, of course).

Old 05-07-2006, 06:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

SpunkyStuart HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohawks84
It's even worse if masturbation doesn't go well, like if a bad orgasm.
There is no such thing as a bad masturbation!!!

But seriously, you are not crazy, you do not need a nut house, but I can see how this must drive you mad. This is a good step posting here - writing the post and then as you said reading it back is a good first step to not only recognising that you have a problem (this is the first step to solving it) but being able to see how it is not normal to have your life controlled in this manner.

Masturbation is completely normal, and not harmful in any way and cannot hurt you or weaken you. As a thought, what would happen if you were to masturbate, say, 4 or more times a day for a week (longer might just be over the top!!) - would you be rendered incapable of doing anything else? I thnik not, you would have to actually get on with stuff, so maybe this is a way of proving to you that it is not masturbation that is your stumbling block, just your minds reaction. If you can continue to realise that this is not 100% rational (bear in mind that it is rare to meet a 100% rational person!!) then you are on the first steps to beating this.

You may need / want to get some help with this, getting the right diagnosis will help imensely so you get the fight help and there you may need to chat to your doctor or go to a psycologist ot therapist. Thereafter it is all down to you to solve this, but with the help and adviceof other people.

I wish you well, good luck!

Old 05-07-2006, 11:59 AM   #5
(male)

thuganomics33 HB User

i have OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder), and although it doesnt affect me sexually, you situaion sounds like it has something to do with OCD. maybe you should think about talkin to a therapist or someone.

Old 05-19-2006, 04:05 AM   #6
(male)

gohawks84 HB User

Thanks for the advice, it does sound a lot like OCD. I'm trying to fight this mental prob myself, i won't tell anyone else about it. I think that's the best thing to do for me. Something i can overcome myself hopefully, or else down the road, i'll have to get professional treatment.

Old 05-19-2006, 10:30 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

There is a terrific book which helped me a lot, called Brain Lock. It shows you how you can control it yourself, and the steps are simple. You just have to do them, and your brain cools down, relieving the OCD.

Old 05-20-2006, 10:56 PM   #8
(male)

Bulakatos72 HB User

I used to masturbate 2 to 3 time a day and be obsessed with it and then one day I said it's not worth it and tried to stop. It was hard, but afterwards I felt that I had more freedom.

Old 10-23-2006, 03:13 AM   #9
(male)

gohawks84 HB User
Unhappy Re: Have a sexual/mental health problem - Concerning masturbation

Hi again. I'm still having this problem, just as bad as ever. I'm on a fairly high dosage of OCD medication but it doesn't seem to be helping with this problem. The only way it's helping is that the medicine is causing "sexual side effects", so i'm only masturbating like once a week/two weeks. So i guess it is helping in that regard, but i was hoping it would treat the OCD straight on.

I'm still too shy to talk to any doctors about this, I couldn't do it. What can I do to try and overcome this mental problem?

Closed Thread