It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2006, 05:49 PM   #1
(female)

jilli47 HB User
On average, how long does sex last?

Once agan, Hi everyone,
Sorry I know I have lots of questions, but I was wondering if anyone could tell me about how long actual intercourse lasts?? I realize its different for everyone, but I was just wondering approximately how long intercourse lasts. Also, how long about does foreplay to the end of sex usually last????

Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-07-2006 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Surveys of other member's sexual practices/experiences are not allowed. Question edited. Please read the Special Rules sticky at the top of the borad.

Old 05-07-2006, 06:57 PM   #2
(male)

orangejello HB User
Re: On average for everyone, how long does sex last?

This question has no right answer. If it is going to be a quickie in the dressing room of a dept. store or a beautiful night of love making. You can tear off a quickie in 2 min. if you have to, or take your time and make it last for as long as you want. There are times when it just up to want you can do with where you are. But always resepct her and make her happy or she will not want to do anything with you if all you care about is getting yours.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2006, 07:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I agree with the above poster.. you can make it how long you want usually, depening on how fast and intense it is. Most people I know don't actually do it for HOURS every time.. but you can of course.. but a lot of times you can start getting sore after that, or simply not have the time! I think MOST people have sex for an hour or less. It seems like 15-30 minutes is common for a lot of people, but it always varies so there is no exact answer. Same with foreplay.. some people loves LOTS of it, some pretty much skip it. It also depends on your definition of foreplay.. some people consider flirting foreplay, and others define it as actual touching.

Old 05-08-2006, 02:19 AM   #4
(male)

darrenp HB User

Foreplay is a very general term. It can last all day, here is an example

A couple wakes up in the morning, have a good morning kiss, take a shower together, hug and kiss and go off to work. Then maybe at lunch talk on the phone for a few min. Get home from work, say hi, hug, kiss, maybe a little squeeze of a body part, eat supper. Then relax in each others arms in the evening watching TV. Then near bed time actually go to bed and have intercourse.

Basically all day they were having foreplay, its all in how you look at things. Foreplay is as much mental as it is physical.

There is no standard time. Each couple needs to learn each other. Typically it takes women longer than men to finish as it were. It just takes time for each couple to learn each other. There is no average time frame for lovemaking.

Old 05-08-2006, 09:01 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

X5DRIVER HB User

The average time, for a male, from insertion to orgasm is around 2 to 3 minutes.

Old 05-08-2006, 01:41 PM   #6
(male)

justinluck HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5DRIVER
The average time, for a male, from insertion to orgasm is around 2 to 3 minutes.
I disagree. A man can last as long as he wants if he understands his own body. If sex is required for 2 minutes or 2 hours, it is entirely possible to last the desired length of time. Of course, a man who is sexually inexperienced or unaware might have control problems. But that is another discussion.

Old 05-08-2006, 05:29 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

X5DRIVER HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinluck
I disagree. A man can last as long as he wants if he understands his own body. If sex is required for 2 minutes or 2 hours, it is entirely possible to last the desired length of time. Of course, a man who is sexually inexperienced or unaware might have control problems. But that is another discussion.
Of course a man can last longer than two minutes. Some men can last hours, others can only last a few seconds. But on average, it is 2-3 minutes according to the researches who study these things.

Old 05-09-2006, 10:49 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Yeah it all depends on the guy.. I've never heard of any of my friends only having sex for 2-3 minutes though! That most likely wouldn't give the girl enough time to orgasm.

Old 05-11-2006, 10:32 PM   #9

richardrn HB User

Sex is far more than just intercourse. Depending on the couple, the mood, the setting and other factors a sexual experience can be as short as 10 minutes or as long as you want it to be.

Old 05-11-2006, 10:59 PM   #10
(male)

1love08 HB User

i would say though, that generally it is very difficult for teenaged males to controll them selves and be some sort of kuma satra master, haha... i suppose it also depends on your relationship w/ your partner. honestly, if i were single, looking for a hook-up after the game on friday night at a party or something i wouldn't really care if she finished or how it felt for her; so it'd just get mine then be done with it. but since i'm in a loving relationship i want to be certain to do the best i can to delay myself to make it as pleasurible as possible for my girlfriend.

Old 05-12-2006, 07:51 PM   #11
(male)

KimChard HB User

some can do it for 3hours or more it all depends though offcourse there are som pauses in between but some do it for hours

Closed Thread