It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2006, 02:01 AM   #1

MJOK HB User
average penis size?

hi guys,

i know this is gonna sound stupid and insecure but i was just wondering what is average penis size for my age its been on mind for a month now and i just wanna get it out of my way and get on with life.
So i am wondering what is average for my age (i am 16). i am not dating just because i am worried what they will say.

cheers guys i hope this gets it out of my head.

[Sexual questions belong on the appropriate sexual health board only - thread moved. The 'does size matter' debate is not allowed on Healthboards. com - title changed. Posting your penis size for member survey is not allowed. Thanks. - Mod-S4]

Last edited by Mod-S4; 06-22-2006 at 05:28 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to MJOK For This Useful Post:
Prosper1 (02-09-2012)
Old 06-22-2006, 10:19 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

tex5k HB User
Re: average penis size?

Its difficult to say without a survey of all 16 year olds! And some mature at different times anyway. If you have anywhere from 4 to 7 inches erect, you are normal. I didn't say average, but normal. The "traditional" average length for adults is 6 inches. Below 5" is considered small. Average girth is about 4.75 inches. Hope that helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2006, 04:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

I disagree. I would say 4 to 6 inches is average, and below 4" is small. But, a lot depends on exactly how you measure. I agree that about 4.75" in girth is average.

Old 06-23-2006, 06:26 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

tex5k HB User

Do you mean 4-6" is average for a 16 year old, or all men in general? Okay, I'll give you that 4-6" can be considered "normal". Um, mine actually measures about 4.5" and it is definitely considered "small".

Not posting my size for survey replies but just to try and make a point.

Last edited by tex5k; 06-23-2006 at 06:34 PM.

Old 06-23-2006, 09:34 PM   #5
(male)

lukas_b HB User

I bet the 'real' average penis size is greater than 6". Don't forget all estimations are based on rather small sample sizes.

Old 06-23-2006, 09:45 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

You'd probably lose that bet, lol. Once upon a time the average penis size was commonly said to be 5 inches, so everyone wanted 6 inches, and then wouldn't you know, people were saying it's 6 inches. And now, with all that penis enlargement spam flooding the internet, you'd think the average was 7 inches (so you will feel small by comparison and buy their product).

According to the more trustworthy sources, the average penis is still supposed to be closer to five inches long than six.

Old 06-23-2006, 11:19 PM   #7

MJOK HB User

wow this has really boosted my confidense thank you all so much

Old 06-24-2006, 08:10 AM   #8
(male)

lukas_b HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisby
You'd probably lose that bet, lol. Once upon a time the average penis size was commonly said to be 5 inches, so everyone wanted 6 inches, and then wouldn't you know, people were saying it's 6 inches. And now, with all that penis enlargement spam flooding the internet, you'd think the average was 7 inches (so you will feel small by comparison and buy their product).

According to the more trustworthy sources, the average penis is still supposed to be closer to five inches long than six.
I don't think I'd lose the bet. I think it's very difficult to get a true gauge on what the real average size is because the sample size from your "trustworthy" sources are quite small and there are so many confounding factors in those studies despite their best efforts to keep it objective.

Old 06-24-2006, 08:44 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

Who wins the bet depends largely on how the measurment is done. Measuring grith is pretty straight-forward, hence the reason we all seem to agree that about 4.75" is pretty close to average. If the lenght measurement is done pressing the measuring tape firmly into the pubic bone, the average might be closer to 6". If you take a more realistic measurment as to how much can actually go inside, it is closer to 5", and maybe even less than that. If you insert your penis inside the tube of a roll of toilet paper and the tip sticks out the other end, then you are at least average.

Old 06-24-2006, 09:29 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukas_b
because the sample size from your "trustworthy" sources are quite small
I'm just curious as to why you put quotes around trustworthy, and call them my sources. They're not mine. And why do assume the sample sizes are small? Do you even know the sources I might be referring to? Kinda foolish to refute someone's sources if you don't know them.
My point, if they're trying to sell you penis enlargement garbage, their stats are highly suspect.
As for the toilet paper tube test, that's pretty good, except the tubes can come in different sizes, as much as an inch different (the really cheep brands tend to be shorter, lol).

Old 06-24-2006, 09:46 AM   #11
Inactive
(male)

tex5k HB User

I've measured mine pretty accurately. I don't ram the ruler to try and get that extra half inch! I would agree with Thisby on the bet too though. For the reason that smaller guys may not be as experienced so women tend to see less of them, so to speak!

BTW, Thisby, I measured using Magnetic's method and did use a name brand!

Old 06-24-2006, 03:21 PM   #12
(male)

lukas_b HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisby
I'm just curious as to why you put quotes around trustworthy, and call them my sources. They're not mine. And why do assume the sample sizes are small? Do you even know the sources I might be referring to? Kinda foolish to refute someone's sources if you don't know them.
My point, if they're trying to sell you penis enlargement garbage, their stats are highly suspect.
As for the toilet paper tube test, that's pretty good, except the tubes can come in different sizes, as much as an inch different (the really cheep brands tend to be shorter, lol).
Well I didn't mean YOUR sources per se. I was referring to the sources that you were talking about, wherever they may have come from. There are probably at least 2 billion men on this planet, I guarantee you the sample sizes are small relative to the true average determined from every man. I agree the penis enlargement sellers are all suspect and exploit people, but by the same token, the almost obsessive interest in penis size by men (more than likely those that are "small"), is likely to skew the average to the small side. I put SMALL in quotes because everything is relative.

Old 06-26-2006, 06:01 AM   #13
Inactive

Rangerboat HB User

I think that the length is not the only important factor in determing if you have a small penis you also have to add girth, I mean if you have a 6 inch skinny thin penis its going to be or look small or if you have a 5 inch penis with a healthy girth its going to look bigger, besides most girls will tell you that the girth is more important then the length. But I am on the other end of the spectrum having girls say no way because I am on the large size, its fun for them to look at and explore but when it comes to getting to it they back off. So I think average is what you want to shoot for

Old 06-26-2006, 07:05 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

orion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB Userorion HB User

The medical Journal of European Urology did a study of 3,300 guy, 17-19 years old, who were randomly selected from healthy males. The average flaccid length was 9cm (3.5") and erect was 12.5cm (4.9"). That means that 1/2 the guys were less than 4.9". Another similar study of African males showed an average of 5.1" so the average erect penis is about 5" with the range being 4-6" for most males. Although 3,300 males doesn't seem many compared to a few billion on the planet. A random sample of this size will give a statistical error of about 2%, 98 times out of 100. 2% of 4.9" is 0.1".

"Eur Urol. 2001 Feb;39(2):183-6. "Penile length and circumference: a study on 3,300 young Italian males." Ponchietti R etal, Department of Urology, University of Florence, Italy."

--------------------

In the medical journal Urology, a study was done of 92 men complaining of a short penis. They found that of the patients who visited a urologist, NONE had a short penis by medical standards and ALL over estimated the average penis size. [I believe the medical term micropenis starts at less than 3.5" erect, and guys in that group average 2.6" erect.]

Urology. 2005 Jun;65(6):1183-5. "Treatment of men complaining of short penis." Shamloul R.

---------------------

Unfortunately, males have been lead to believe the 6" number which is totally unrealistic for about 95% of guys.

Last edited by orion; 06-26-2006 at 07:34 AM.

Old 06-26-2006, 09:38 AM   #15

brucen32 HB User

I wonder if there was a way to look at condom sales as a good indicator.

Last edited by brucen32; 06-26-2006 at 09:40 AM.

Closed Thread