It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2006, 01:54 PM   #1

Russ_All HB User
17 Year old Erectile Dysfunction

Hi, I'm new to these boards and have a major health concern. About a month ago, me and my girlfriend lost out virginity to one another. The first time we attempted to have sex, my penis would not become erect at all. It works sometimes, but it never becomes fully erect, and even when I do manage to get it up, it quickly goes back down (Even during the sex itself). It's werid, because I can get it up when we're cuddling and kissing, but as soon as we start going toward having sex, it goes down and does not come up again. We've tried everything, it doesn't even get hard through stimulation. She gives me hand jobs and blow jobs, and sometimes that works, but the majority of the time, it barley gets stiff at all (if it even does come up). We usually have sex fairly late at night, so I thought it could be because I'm tired, but we had it during the day and still got no results. In grade 8 I was kicked in the crotch area really hard and it actually bruised my penis. Could that affect my erection?

Old 09-03-2006, 02:20 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Vitaly HB User
Re: 17 Year old Erectile Dysfunction

Hello "Russ_All",

The kick to the groin in eigth grade is probably not the culprit. I would like to assume that if you and your girlfriend have become sexually active, that you are at least a junior (grade 11) and thus three years have passed since the kick. If the kick cause serious or permanent neurovascular (damage to the nerves and/or blood vessels) you would have continued to have problems since the kick.

Frankly, to me this sounds like an issue of sercurity/comfort with being sexually active. You state that you lost your virginity with the young lady...and further I assume that this has happened recently.

You have probably kissed and had physicaly contact with other many other women...you feel comfortable doing this...you know you are "good at it."

However, being undressed with this girl...preparing yourself to actually be intimate is much more mentally/pysscologically involved than anything you have ever done.

Do you feel your heart begin to race...do you get nervous or anxious as you are about to have inercourse? I know that I did when I was younger...and so did most of my male friends!

When we get nervous (fight or flight response) our sympathetic nervous system kicks into overdrive and diverts blood flow and energy to the organs and tissues that are most vital for our survival. To no surprise...the penis is not a vital organ.

The process of initiating and maintaining an erection is controlled by the parasymathetic nervous system. These two systems work in opposition of each other. So if you are frightened or nervous...the chemistry in your body will activate your sympathetic nervous system (racing heart, sweating, etc) and inactivate your parasympathetic nervous system (flaccid penis).

It sounds like both you and your girlfriend care about each other and are both communicating. I would say that you should just take it slow...and it will happen when you are ready and truly comfortable with each other. Enjoy each other in other ways...and continue to try having intercourse. If you feel yourself panicking or becoming flaccid...just stop. Do not try to "do it anyway" or make it "come back" through manual or oral stimulation. Lay beside each other and return to a state of mental relaxation. Your erection will return...then try again.

Good luck...be patient...

Last edited by Vitaly; 09-03-2006 at 02:21 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2006, 09:21 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrNice HB User

Your "problem" sounds like a case of nerves. If you are able to attain and maintain an erection when you masturbate then it's unlikely that you have an ED problem.

As a previous poster pointed out you need to take things slowly and get comfortable with having sex. You anxiety is what is causing the problem.

When you have sex are having it somewhere where there is no chance that you will be interupted or that another member of the family might hear you? You need privacy and time which isn't always easy to find at your age and marital situation.

Also, you could be concerned about getting your g/f pregnant. Are you using contraceptives so that pregnancy isn't possible?

Old 11-05-2006, 11:20 PM   #4
(male)

williamharvick HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_All
Hi, I'm new to these boards and have a major health concern. About a month ago, me and my girlfriend lost out virginity to one another. The first time we attempted to have sex, my penis would not become erect at all. It works sometimes, but it never becomes fully erect, and even when I do manage to get it up, it quickly goes back down (Even during the sex itself). It's werid, because I can get it up when we're cuddling and kissing, but as soon as we start going toward having sex, it goes down and does not come up again. We've tried everything, it doesn't even get hard through stimulation. She gives me hand jobs and blow jobs, and sometimes that works, but the majority of the time, it barley gets stiff at all (if it even does come up). We usually have sex fairly late at night, so I thought it could be because I'm tired, but we had it during the day and still got no results. In grade 8 I was kicked in the crotch area really hard and it actually bruised my penis. Could that affect my erection?
Hey Russ, I had similar problems when I was younger, but I think it just had to do with being nervous and inexperienced as the other replies mentioned. Just try to relax and not think too much.

Closed Thread