It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2006, 10:06 AM   #1
(male)

gibbs HB User
Penis EEK!

hi, im ***i just registered on this board to explain my problem, which has probably been posted before, im a bit ambarrased about it, but seeing as ill probably never see anyone on here:

My foreskin is attached to the head of my penis (not by the frenulum)

i dont particularly want to go up to my mum or dad to say: hi, my foreskin is attached to my penis,

any help please?

Last edited by moderator2; 10-13-2006 at 02:30 PM. Reason: please do not post your age on the public forums

Old 10-13-2006, 10:56 AM   #2
(female)

Bubba_Ho_Tep HB User
Re: Penis EEK!

Hey,

Is it causing you any pain or discomfort when you pull it back, or at any other time?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2006, 11:55 AM   #3
(male)

gibbs HB User

to be honest not really, its just kinda attached

and i was wondering if there as anyone who can provide advice

Old 10-13-2006, 01:07 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

X5DRIVER HB User

It sounds like an adhesion. You really need to to see your physician about the problem.

Old 10-14-2006, 02:02 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Geoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB User

Where exactly is the attachment and how big is it? Also what country are you in as this affects the sort of advice you'd get from a doctor.
Geoff

Old 10-14-2006, 06:10 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

A doctor advised people to try to apply baby oil, and then gently pull on the adhesion, to see if it loosens. Try it over time, for a week or so. If there is no movement, see the doctor. He or she can give you a local anaesthetic, and slice the adhesion free, in the office. It is not a big deal, just a delicate area.

Old 10-14-2006, 12:50 PM   #7
(male)

gibbs HB User

so your tellin me i have to go upto my parents and tell them? :{

im pretty sure ive seen this posted on the boards before.

Old 10-14-2006, 02:38 PM   #8
(female)

Snowboard K2 HB User

dont do what matt did on nip tuck.

Old 10-14-2006, 03:08 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Angel77 HB User

Gibbs, my son was circumcised and the top of the skin reattatched to the head of his penis. This was when he was a few months old. I asked the pediatrician about it and she said that it would probably detatch (sp?) by the time he was a few years old. She said if it didn't then we could discuss how to handle it from there.

I understand your embarassment, believe me. I'm a mom of two boys and a husband who has shown me way more than I care to see!!! However, it was necessary to see it in order to help them. My 11 year old has had to show me butt rashes, my husband, still other stuff...ingrown hairs, whatever, and then I made sure it was taken care of.

You may need to just discuss it with them and have them schedule an appointment with the doctor, that way you need not show them your parts. Or depending on your age, if you have a physical coming up anytime soon, you could skip asking your mom and dad and just ask the doctor. Sometimes you can even call the doctors office and as long as you're a patient, the nurse will answer questions for you and it will be kept private.

Just ask them about adhesions and what can be done about them. I would ask the doctors office and follow their advice. Although most advice here is great, you should check with a pro before doing anything that may damage that part of your body....you may find it troublesome now, but imagine if you follow the wrong advice or do it wrong and end up with more problems, more embarassment or worse....something permanent!!! Not worth it.

Check w/ the docs and if that doesn't work....we're parents, we've heard and seen it all....besides, this may be something they knew was an issue when you were younger and they may be concerned as well and just don't know how to ask if it's still a problem.

Good luck and rest assured....when we chose to be parents, we signed on for the whole show...not just the fluff stuff.

Old 10-14-2006, 04:24 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

SpunkyStuart HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbs
My foreskin is attached to the head of my penis (not by the frenulum)

i dont particularly want to go up to my mum or dad to say: hi, my foreskin is attached to my penis,
First of all dont worry. There are things you can do to sort this out without telling your folks, although they would probably be keen to help you if they knew you had a problem.

If you have never been able to retract (pull back) your foreskin all the way back so the glans (head) was completely exposed, then it is likely that these adhesions are just the normal things that hold foreskin to the glans in the infant and young boy. Normally the foreskin should be gently retracted a few times a day to the maximum extent that it will go back without hurting or ripping anything. I was taught when I was about 5 or 6 to do this when going to the toilet always do this. So this is a good place to start. Try this.

It sounds as if you know the geography of the penis, as you state that it is not attached by the frenulum. So you probably will know what I mean when I suggest that you have a look inside the foreskin to see if you can see what is holding it to the glans. If you can get a little finger in the end of the foreskin to stretch the skin then you can try Geoffs techniqiue that is on the MAle Sexual Heath page.

Another thing you can try is to pinch the end of the foreskin when you are in the shower and use urine to inflate the foreskin, thus stetching it and heloping to loosen the skin adhering to the glans. Dont pinch too tight so you put pressure on the urine stream, just enough to slightly balloon the skin. This will also help to clean under your foreskin as it is likely that if you cant retract you have not been able to do this.

If you feel that you need to go tot he doctors about this, then think up some other reason - a sore throat would be difficult to disprove! Presumably your folks would not go into the actual doctors office while you were being examined?

Anyway, theres a few suggestions, I hope they help you.

Old 10-15-2006, 03:41 AM   #11
(male)

gibbs HB User

thanks so much for all your help!

i hope your methods can work!

Closed Thread