It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2007, 11:04 AM   #1
(male)

JayIsLost HB User
Exclamation Effects To Masterbation??? I NEED ANSWERS PLEASE READ!!!

Hello I'm 16 years old going to be 17 soon, And I've been masterbating for awhile now. But the last few months I notice my Hair are falling off. Sometimes 4 and sometimes 10. I gets me nervous, that I'm going to be bald

But I've been trying to look for what caused it, been googling around for some answers, then I stumbled onto this site and I was thinking maybe it could help. So my question is:

1) Does masterbation cause baldness?
2) Does it cause pimples or zits?

If not then, Could it be hair products?
To much gel?
Hair Spray?

And most importantly

WILL IT GROW BACK?!?! right now it looks like a really bad cow lick, and I don't want it to get worse, so I stop using gel and TRIED to stop masterbating, But I'm lost and not sure if what I'm doing is taking effect

PLEASE ANSWER!!!

Old 01-24-2007, 11:26 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Grehound27 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Effects To Masterbation??? I NEED ANSWERS PLEASE READ!!!

Well, Jay, you have opened the "floodgates!" Probably will be millions of responses to your questions. First of all, masterbation is normal, always has been around, always will be. It DOES NOT cause acne or effect your eyesight. Just happens that it usually starts in your young teen years and that is also when acne and glasses start to appear. About the hair, I was told it would make hair GROW on your palms but my palms look like a baby's butt, so I guess I survived. Check your gel and hairspray, but that is another board!

Good luck to you; hope I have helped; and you are as normal as the morning sunrise!

Dave

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2007, 01:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ASPROUSEY05 HB User
Re: Effects To Masterbation??? I NEED ANSWERS PLEASE READ!!!

i have no medical advice, i just wanted to say pretty much all the men i ever met masterbated.. i think its natural, (unless it is done TOOOO much, yes there is a too much) but none of them had anything going on unusual.. if your having a problem losing your hair, i def. think its related to something else besides masterbation..

Old 01-25-2007, 10:36 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

masturbation causes satisfaction. that is about all I can think of, that it can cause.

Old 01-25-2007, 10:41 AM   #5
(male)

JayIsLost HB User

satisfaction? does anyone want to explain tht O.o Jayislost

Old 01-25-2007, 10:48 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

Grehound27 HB User

satisfaction? does anyone want to explain tht O.o Jayislost

I cannot think of any other reason, can you??

Dave

Old 01-25-2007, 11:34 AM   #7
(male)

big jim HB User

I promise you it is neither your hair gel, or masturbating. Humans lose over a 100 hairs on their head a day. Since I have no idea what your hair looks like, this is based on what you have posted. I honestly think you have just started to notice it, and are panicking. I went through a similar thing like 5 years ago, convinced myself i was balding. Here i am, with a full head still
Relax!

Old 01-25-2007, 01:21 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

OK. It does not cause baldness, or pimples.
All it causes under normal circumstances, is a joyous feeling, and the need to clean up.

Old 01-26-2007, 06:19 AM   #9
(male)

aefef HB User

Not so fast people!!!

Yeah, masturbation CAN make your hair fall faster. Theres the myth masturbation is always good. But it depends on the person. For some people masturbation causes no problems. But for others, it converts too much Testosterone into DHT (because of a genetic cause).

The solution?

1) Stop masturbating...OR:

2) Go to the doctor for pills to block the DHT conversion. High amounts of Zinc do the trick, too.

Hope this helps

Last edited by aefef; 01-26-2007 at 06:19 AM.

Old 01-26-2007, 06:45 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

[ deleted ]

[Do not ask members to violate the board rules. - Mod-S4]

Last edited by Mod-S4; 01-26-2007 at 04:06 PM.

Old 01-26-2007, 07:07 AM   #11
(male)

aefef HB User

Tommy, i know this, because my doctor explained it to me.

As i said these excessive conversion only happens to predisposed genetically people.

Masturbation causes an elevation of Testosterone. I suppose you knew that.

Then Testosterone can convert to some derivatives. One of them is DHT. When a person is genetically predisposed to convert excessive Testosterone into DHT, then baldness begins. Its not only that genetically predisposed people convert excessive Test. into DHT, but also that people have hair follicles that are too sensitive to an elevation in DHT.

The only solution for these people is taking Propecia. But the best solution is a mix of a low dose of Propecia + a high dose of Zinc.

(too much Propecia is harmful).

and the other solution would be...avoiding sex for a long time. But this solution is unacceptable.

So, the best you can do is:

1) Go to yout dermatologist, and tell him you have male pattern baldness, then he should prescribe you Propecia. But tell him you dont want a high dose of Propecia. You want a low dose of Propecia + a high dose of Zinc.

2) Moderation in masturbation. Your pills are not magic. They work...but you also should masturbate with moderation. Maybe like 3 times a week.

Oh! And before he prescribes you anything: you want a blood test for serum Testosterone, free testosterone and DHT.

And other causes that can cause baldness:

Your Gel: try using a more natural gel.
Stress.
Heart/circulation problems.

And my last advice: Try doing moderate exercise every day. This improves blood circulation, and gets rid of harmful toxins.

Last edited by aefef; 01-26-2007 at 07:18 AM.

Old 01-26-2007, 08:52 AM   #12
(male)

bikesing HB User

I agree in wanting more than this in terms of justification. I really have my doubts that masturbation does anything to affect testosterone levels or conversion to DHT. In fact, explain to me why, as my testosterone level is dropping naturally as I age (I'm 57 now) that my hair is falling out more now. There's a heck of a lot less masturbation (basically none) and less sexual activity than 20 years ago also, and the male pattern baldness is continuing at a rapid pace. The bottom line is that I think there's absolutely no connection between masturbation and baldness. The strongest determining factor to baldness is heredity. Obviously, good hygiene is important too.

Tom

Old 01-27-2007, 08:38 AM   #13
(male)

aefef HB User

bikesing...your hair is dropping more now because as we age, many of us not only have male pattern baldness, but also baldness related to age effects. With age, your blood circulation may be worse too. There are many types of baldness. One of them, as i explained is male pattern. The other is age related. And you can suffer from one, both, or none of them. But all of theme are from genetic causes.

As i said, in some people, their follicles are too sensitive to DHT. What does masturbation is a temporal increase in Testosterone. A part of this testosterone converts into DHT. In people genetically predisposed, this temporal elevation in DHT makes follicles weaker. The DHT makes blood circulation a little worse in the hair roots. So, fewer new hairs are made, and weaker hairs drop faster.

As i said, Finasteride (Propecia) is the drug that blocks the convertion from testosterone to DHT.

Moderation in masturbation is only a part of the equation.
The other part is start taking Finestaride + Zinc.

Other activities that prevent over-convertion of testosterone to DHT are moderate exercise (improves blood circulation and gets rid of toxins), and activities to reduce stress.

One thing you have to know is that Finasteride is not a perfect drug, and you should check first your testosterone, free testosterone and DHT levels is possible. If everything is fine, then you can start using it.

With all this, im not saying the only cause of male pattern baldness is over-masturbation. In fact, even if you stop mastubating completely, male pattern baldness will continue to happen. It will be a slower process, but it will happen anyway. (even if you dont masturbate, you can have excessive DHT). But what masturbation does is make male pattern baldness much more faster.

Also, ingestion of Ginkgo Biloba, Grape Seed , and Bilberry are proved to improve peripheral microcapillary circulation.

Old 01-28-2007, 01:32 PM   #14
Veteran
(male)

WillNC HB User

A quick guess. It is most likely hereditary. Did Dad and/or either Granddad have the same experience of losing hair at about the same age.

Old 01-28-2007, 06:05 PM   #15
(male)

JayIsLost HB User

Well I try to avoid masterbating as much as possible, not even 3 times a week, maybe once sometimes twice, not even every week, but its kinda hard because my age and the hormones and what ever.

My doctor is really far from where I live, and I'm kind of nervous talking to her about problems relating to these topics... So

Is there anything I can go pick up from the pharmacy myself? a name of a pill that might just work?

Tell you the truth ever since the first reply from this forum, I noticed that my hair is not falling as much, Few days before I was stressing myself over it, looking for solutions and after I felt releaved, maybe its stress?

So this DHT thing is the hair lost caused by it temporary? Will it grow back?

Maybe it's the fact that I stay infront of the computer most of the day, I used to skateboard but not anymore, I go to sleep like around 11 and wake up at 7, It's hard for me to wake up but I force myself too. Maybe it's stress... I hope it is... But is there any pill tht does just that?

Oh and it's not genes I ask my dad if he had early hair lost of his dad and same for my mother, All No =/

REPLYS PLEASE!!!

Last edited by JayIsLost; 01-28-2007 at 06:06 PM.

Closed Thread