It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2007, 12:35 AM   #1
(female)

jane444 HB User
Unhappy Vaginal itching. Normal? I'm confused.

About 5 days ago I started experiencing an itch "down there," About 6 days ago my boyfriend and I were being intimate & he went down on me. Could this be a result of him doing that? I love my boyfriend very much; he has never penetrated me. We are both virgins...does him going down on me make me not a virgin? I have so many questions. I am afraid to tell my mom about this itching because, if him doing that was the one and only cause of it, she might separate us. We both love each other very much, and don't want that to happen. Him & I are scared to death. I'm just so confused. How can I take care of this problem myself or can I take care of it myself?

I would really appreciate any feedback.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 05-19-2007 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Please read the Special Rules sticky at the top of the board.

Old 05-17-2007, 03:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

iona_23 HB User
Re: Vaginal itching. Normal? I'm confused.

did you wash your vagina after he went down on u? sometimes bacteria in his mouth could transfer to you. considering that it's a warm, moist place...bacteria loves those kind of environment. and has developed to a more serious itch. you don't have to tell your mom the whole story. just tell her that your vagina has been itchy. most teenage girls who have started their periods do experience these things...like yeast infections, etc.

p.s. ur bf going down on u doesn't mean u aren't a virgin. but ur only 15 and should hold off til your a bit older.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2007, 09:18 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User
Question Re: Vaginal itching. Normal? I'm confused.

Jane444 I would suggest since you have started oral sex to start washing a little more because there are germ everywhere. Did his finger come in contact with you at all because germs can be on his fingers or under the finger nails. This does not mean that you are a dirty person. and dont be shy about it at all. Your mother would ask why u didnt come to her with your problem. I would suggest u be a little bit more open to her about "these type of things" so that when other things come up you wont be so shy and you would have already broke the ice. and also keep in mind that your mother was once ur age and was also scared to come to her mother about a few things.

I also had a question of my own and maybe u guys can help me out. I recently bought a shower head that is extendable and normally i take showers and wash daily. Especially after intercourse i extend the shower head to that area and use warmer water to wash a little extra. You guys may think this is silly but Does the water blasting in that area(not too hard or anything) effects anything in a negative way i havent had a problem yet but i just want to be sure im clean and free of bacteria u know.

Old 05-17-2007, 03:58 PM   #4
(female)

coty HB User

Hi Jane,

Itching can happen even when you are having no sexual interaction of any type, dryness, changes on hormones, anything can cause you to have itchnig. You can even contract yeast or bacterial infections not having any kind of sex whatsoever.

About being a virgin. does it matter that much a technical definition? You are obviously having some kind of sexual encounter with another person so, you are not in the same situation than some time ago. But does it really matter?

I also think myself that you are somehow young to be doing that, but I won't preach about it. I'll just ask you to be careful, read and inform yourself about the risks of sex, and how to prevent them. You cannot get pregnant from oral sex, but you can contract STDs.

@ sweetest pink: It is recomended not to apply the flow of water into you or to violently in that area since it can remove your microflora and change conditions, which could cause infections. The most advisable thing is to wash yourself normally.

Old 05-18-2007, 06:34 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sweetest_Pink00 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by coty View Post
Hi Jane,

@ sweetest pink: It is recomended not to apply the flow of water into you or to violently in that area since it can remove your microflora and change conditions, which could cause infections. The most advisable thing is to wash yourself normally.
Ok i get what u are saying.....but what if me and my BF use lubricants during sex and all that GOOD STUFF..lol...how does those type of liquids get out of there like how can u clean in that area after having sex. and what if u have unprotected sex are those fluids supposed to just run out.

Old 05-18-2007, 11:31 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

jgr01 HB User

i think you have a yeast infection which as one previous user has said can be caused without sex at all. Temperature rises, antibiotics, tights all sorts of things. Go to the chemist and ask for 'thrush' treatment. They may give you a cream or a vaginal pessary or even an oral tablet.

DO NOT WORRY!

Juliet xxx

Old 05-31-2007, 04:57 PM   #7
(female)

jane444 HB User

Thanks for replying.
I finally told my mom and we got medicine for it so now I'm all good.
And, as for the whole going down thing, well I won't be letting him do that or anyone else for that matter for a long time.
I know that just him doing that isn't totally causing it but I decided to put it off because I'm not comfortable with it anymore.
And yes, I am very young and I do plan on putting off sex for a very long time.
Hopefully until marriage.
Thanks again for giving me options and your input, i appreciate it :]

Closed Thread