It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2007, 03:24 PM   #1
(male)

bigmanoncampus2 HB User
Scar Underside of Penis

I know that having a red or brown line on the underside of your penis is normal, but mine is normal on my scrotum, but when it gets to the shaft it splits and i have a centimeter wide patch of reddish skin from the base of my shaft to the glands. It meets back and forms a "V" type shape when it gets to the glands on the underside of my penis.

I thought it may be due to masturbation, but I layed off for awhile and no results. I'm scared to be with a girl in the light because it's embarassing to me. I've even tried cocoa butter with no results. I'd ask my doctor, but I'm underage and don't feel like having my parents involved.

Summary:
-Raphe seems to be split
-1 cm wide reddish skin in between
-Meets in a "V" shape at glands

I am circumsized.

Please help! I'm so self-concious!

Old 05-26-2007, 10:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

cleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB User
Re: Scar Underside of Penis

Don't be! It 's normal for our skin to vary in color and appearance. Some guyes have moles, as well as birth marks on their penis. I have a mole on the front head of mine. It's a flat mole, about half the size of a pencil eraser. As long as I've been married, my wife has commented maybe once, noticing it was there. She thought it was beautiful, and unique. Don't be ashamed of your skin discoloration, if a girl really likes you, it won't matter in the least. Most won't even notice it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2007, 01:19 PM   #3
(male)

purveyoroftruth HB User

I have been researching this issue for some time now, and here are my findings.

I also have a split of the raphe, and it appears to be remarkably similar to what you had described in your summary. From what I have discovered, it is nothing to worry about - the skin in that area supposedly fuses differently on every male at that particular period in time ( when the urethra closed up before birth ). Some will have it fuse in a straight line, some will have it fuse resulting in a raphe with a slightly crooked appearance, and others will not have it fuse completely together, resulting in the "v-shaped split", but with normal skin development and appearance in that area.

I will ride on my college-level education in human anatomy & physiology ( I had around a 90% average in the course ), the advice of 2 professional urologists I had consulted ( they had told me that it wasn't anything of major concern ), and my investigation of a case study of an individual with a split raphe ( to find this, look up "split median raphe" on a search engine. The case report is archived on BMJ. ). My conclusion is that it really is nothing to worry about.

If this helps any, I am sexually active and had never experienced, or currently experience, any pain or swelling in the raphe area or on the raphe itself. And to confirm what cleansweap said, I don't believe that most women would see a discoloration or split raphe as anything abnormal or alarming.

Last edited by purveyoroftruth; 06-10-2007 at 01:21 PM.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:37 PM   #4
(male)

bigmanoncampus2 HB User

I appreciate the insight - it seems to be one of those extremely rare things, but I'll just have to live with it. There's nothing anyone can do, so there's no point in worrying. Thanks for the help.

Old 01-19-2011, 08:06 AM   #5
(male)

LondonAuk HB User

Unfortunately I have the same problem. Although I think mine has only developed recently. I went to the doctor twice and have been told that its "just a rash" but when I moisturise the area I can see exactly where the raphe splits and then reconnects at the base - its like a diamond shape. The area in-between is not deep or painful but is very red. The only good thing about is is that when I have an erection you cannot see it at all! Thank god.

However, does anyone know anything to make the redness go away? I have been using cocoa butter for the last few weeks.

Closed Thread