It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2008, 11:29 AM   #1
(female)

TwiinkleBabe HB User
Why do I smell bad when on period??

For the first few days i always smell quite bad when i am on my period, even though I wash 'down there' regularly and change my pad regularly! I feel really embarassed to be near anyone when this happens! What should i do??

Old 02-12-2008, 02:31 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User
Smile Re: Why do I smell bad when on period??

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiinkleBabe View Post
For the first few days i always smell quite bad when i am on my period, even though I wash 'down there' regularly and change my pad regularly! I feel really embarassed to be near anyone when this happens! What should i do??
Are you saying the blood itself smells bad? Maybe you could try changing your sanitary pad even more often, or try using tampons. Since tampons are inside, there would be no smell. I do not think ''blood'' itself smells bad. But when in contact with air for awhile, it can become an odor issue.
There are wipes you could try each time you change the pad or tampon. They are portable and you can take them with you.
Do not feel bad... be proud and confident!!! I have never smelled anyone and knew they were on their period. Hope this is of help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-14-2008, 11:45 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: Why do I smell bad when on period??

Most likely, it's just using pads that is doing it. You can always switch brands and try to use one that prevents odors or a scented one. I always noticed that pads NEVER smell good when you use them, so I switched to tampons. After switching, I was always more comfortable in them and use them all the time. I wear them to bed too and never have to worry about "accidents" when I wake up. Just make sure not to keep them in over 8 hours! If you haven't already, give tampons a try. If you are new to them, try a slim applicator. There are so many tampons out there and slim ones are great for newbies. I also find the plastic applicator ones are easiest to insert. Plus, pads can be bulky and you can feel them in your pants, while a tampon is barely even there. If you don't use a huge tampon, you shouldn't be able to feel it.

Closed Thread