It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2009, 08:40 PM   #1
(female)

krs02650 HB User
how likely is it to get pregnant from precum

I used to be on the shot but stop taking it in october...i got my period the beginning of February and thought i stopped and went out and had sex last week...he didn't have a condom on but i heard you could get pregnant from precome....well now i'm spotting....could i be pregnant?

Old 02-24-2009, 01:54 AM   #2
(female)

krazy2day HB Userkrazy2day HB Userkrazy2day HB Userkrazy2day HB Userkrazy2day HB User
Re: how likely is it to get pregnant from precum

MANY pregnancies result from precome.. AS DO MANY sexually transmitted diseases.

Take Care of YOU!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2009, 06:31 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

I am not aware of very many documented cases of pregnancy resulting from precum. The belief is propagated, and a few women have sworn they got pregnant that way, but the scientific evidence is not there. What science does show is the precum does not contain much, if any sperm, and that it takes a lot of sperm to protect the one cell that might ultimately find the egg. I mean, a vagina is hostile to a few lone sperm cells, and it takes a whole army of sperm to plow though to the cervix and make the journey to the egg. There is simply not a whole army of sperm cells in precum. Maybe a few scouters or stragglers.

So, while it is possible, it is unlikely. The odds might be a bit higher if the guy had previously ejaculated , as there could be a few sperm cells lingering in the urinary tract that could come out in the precum.

I would be more worried about catching an STD.

Old 02-24-2009, 10:40 PM   #4
(female)

Cakies HB User

I agree with Magnetic, that is the answer I got from research. Most of the time women get pregnant from the pull out method its not actually because of pre ejaculate, they get pregnant because their partner did not pull out quickly enough and a small amount of sperm was released before they pulled out without them realizing it. But why take a chance even if it is a very small one. If you don't want to get pregnant wear a condom or use some other type of birth control.

Closed Thread