It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2009, 06:20 AM   #1
(female)

zannobia HB User
unprotected sex after period

what if period just came off and had unprotected sex could you still get pregnant

Old 03-05-2009, 06:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User
Re: what if period just came off and had unprotected sex could you still get pregnant

You are most likley to get pregnant about 2 weeks prior to the start of your period. That is for womeon on 28 day cycles, and it can be plus or minus several days, maybe even a week. The odds are bit higher before the two week mark since sperm can live for a day or two, maybe three. If your period ended just a couple of days previously, you are probably safe. Note the word "probably". You may wish to call up a clinic and if not more than 2 days have gone by, take the morning after pill if you want to ensure you won't get pregnant.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2009, 06:55 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: unprotected sex after period

I agree that the middle of your cycle is when you are most likely to be pregnant, but this is VERY risky. Not every women's cycle is perfect, especially with not being on the pill or anything. You can try the morning after pill if it's within 72 hours of the unprotected sex. For next time, definitely use a condom or other reliable birth control method, because it's very risky!

Closed Thread