It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2002, 11:10 AM   #1

tigershot HB User
Post Impotent at 18?! How could this happen!

This is horrible... I'm only 18 years old and, the last 2 times i tried to have sex I couldnt get hard enough.
The first time i was drunk and really tired because it was about 6am and i had no sleep before that
So i just blamed it on the alcohol and thought it wouldnt happen again

couple days later i tried again, and couldnt get/stay hard enough for intercourse.

This is horrible, I didnt think this could happen to somebody my age.

I think it could be from marijuana usage, but still it seems odd happening to somebody my age.

I'm begging for help... I dont know what to do and I dont want it to happen again.

I'm thinking (more like HOPING) there are some excersises I can do, or maybe i should buy some ginseng?
I really dont know

Old 07-19-2002, 12:16 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
Hey bud, calm down! I think you're right, alcohol, being tired and 6:00 in the morning can be the wrong combination. And yes, there are folks who have some difficulty with erections as a result of marijuana and tobacco products. So, you masturbate right? And things work OK right? Then there is no medical or physical reason for your impotence, and you're very correct, very few people your age have that as a problem. I'd say that several things are probably going on here. First, your two heads are very connected, therefore any thought of things not working correctly, being inadequate or in any way experiencing fear etc can effect that guy between your legs. Also, once we've had that happen (not getting it up) we become scared as heck that next time it won't work, and guess what....it usually doesn't, just like what happened to you! One more thing is that you've got that one trained to your masturbation techniques, style, grip, speed, etc and often that leads to problems responding to a vagina, which is totally different. So bud, give yourself a break here and keep trying. I guarantee you that you'll be just fine. None of us has a great "opening act" into the world of sex, sure some are better at it and have great things happen for them. Others of us need to work at things a bit, and really it takes two people working together for the best achievement! Hang in there and next time...no alcohol or pot, be rested and be ready!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-19-2002, 02:10 PM   #3
(male)

Weaver HB User
Lance is right. Drugs, alcohol, lack of sleep, uncertainity of who you are with, all these things can cause problems getting things up.

Lay off the drugs and alcohol and you should have no problems.

Just relax and enjoy the moment with someone special. Don't worry and all your problems will be resolved. You will be hard and have a satisfying time.

Old 07-19-2002, 05:49 PM   #4

tigershot HB User
thanks alot... I guess the second time i was really worried that it would happen again. And I was thinking that i'm sober so this better work or else I'm messed up

but before I used to get hard without a problem... and I still got semi-hard, i just couldnt stay hard enough for sex.
It bothers me that even when I drank before I would get hard as hell, but now even when I didnt drink it wasnt hard enough.

Are there any exersises or natural remedies that could help? I really dont want this happening again, and I'd like to be good in bed again.

I'll try to stop mastorbating and drinking for the next week and see what happens, but I know I won't be able to quit smoking.

Thanks for the comments

[This message has been edited by tigershot (edited 07-19-2002).]

Old 07-20-2002, 10:52 PM   #5

tigershot HB User
So there is nothing I can do about it but rest and hope it doesnt happen again?!
I was hoping there would be something I could take or do, so I'm sure it wont happen the next time

Will ginseng help?

Old 08-23-2002, 02:26 PM   #6

juliette HB User
Every man I have slept with who smokes weed has had problems. In my opinion it is directly related...
Cut out the weed, drink occassionally and try to relax...
You'll be up and running in no time.

Closed Thread