It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2009, 09:44 AM   #1
(female)

blush91 HB User
protruding labia minora-am i a freak?

I am 18 and have been worried about this since early adolescence when it first became noticeable, back then i thought i had deformed myself from masturbating. I now know that this is not the case but am still very self conscious about it, my labia minora are 2.5-3cm long I think i would be laughed at if i was seen naked. I have never been in a relationship or had sex. I get uncomfortable sometimes like in tight jeans but not excessively so. I cant feel OK about myself, i wish i knew how many other girls my age looked like this and if its normal. Please help.xo

Old 06-21-2009, 11:57 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

reg12 HB User
Re: protruding labia minora-am i a freak?

Welcome to this site. Since none of the girls have answered as of yet, I thought your question deserved an answer. Females like males have all kinds of different features. What you have described is the way some women are formed, so for them and you it is normal. I am not aware that there are any certain rules of how a woman has to look down there. Some women have 4-5 cm labia minora. So to answer your question, no you are not a freak. Human nature makes most people tend to be over critical of our own selves.

Last edited by reg12; 06-21-2009 at 12:03 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2009, 12:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User

What guy is even going to look that closely? I mean when you are in a sexual relationship the guy could care less of what it measures as long as things work. ...I think just the location 'hides' anything that you think might be odd...but the fact of the matter is all of us women are of different size some larger size that you...to tell you the truth I personally have never given it a second thought about the actual size of it I guess I have never come across anyone that ever cared or bothered to look that closely. I mean when it comes down to it young men are so worried about their size and what you are going to think of them they certainly wouldn't even know if you are of a different size than anyone. Once you do get over this obsession of your size(which makes no difference to anyone)and you feel it is somehow 'in the way' or causes you discomfort(tight jeans are uncomfortable for a lot of women in that area) there is always the option of having it surgically fixed. Just try to relax and enjoy your young life we all have things about us we would love to be different but it all just makes us unique.... God made you just perfect!

Old 06-23-2009, 12:05 AM   #4
(female)

sh 08 HB User

too be honest i know ALOT of men actually prefer that for real!!! ive always been like that and past boyfriends and guys i have asked plus my husband love it!

Old 06-23-2009, 04:25 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

Tivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnD View Post
I mean when it comes down to it young men are so worried about their size and what you are going to think of them they certainly wouldn't even know if you are of a different size than anyone.
This is 150% true! Have you seen all of the posts on here from boys asking about their size? They are way more concerned about their size and what you will think of them, they could honestly care less about what you look like down there.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:52 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Sounds completely normal to me!! You are not a freak and have NOTHING to worry about! Like the others mentioned, we all come in different shapes and sizes. Most likely, your future partner would be so excited to be having sex with you that they won't be staring at it. I've never heard a man complain about longer labia minora and many women have them. The only way to shorten them is by surgery. Some women choose to have the surgery if they have a lot of discomfort and chafing. Some women push the labia minor and tuck them in a bit if that makes sense and they say it's more comfortable. Just please don't worry because it's very normal!

Old 07-14-2009, 04:24 PM   #7
(female)

Jessbear101 HB User

Omg! I have the same exact thing! im 15 and my minora are about the same size as yours (: when i first noticed them i was really self concious about them but i have been reading about them and i found out that its completly normal. Also, i heard that some guys prefer them and that they are a blessing! if i were you i would not think of them as a bad thing, but rather a good and sexy thing. God gave you them and many other women also, so dont fret (:

Closed Thread