It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Teens Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2009, 01:45 AM   #1
(male)

BowieBoy HB User
Two Problems - Phimosis and Smegma

Hello everyone.

I'm just going to get straight to the point here. When I was young (aproximatly 11 years of age) I could retract my foreskin over my glans. As I got older (I am 15 now), I could retract my forskin less and less. Could this be caused by my penis itself growing faster than my foreskin? Will it eventually catch up to my penis?

Also, having a tight foreskin, I have built up alot of smegma. My glans is very sensitive to even the slightest touch, and I cannot clean it well.

I'm not sure what my parents did when I was a toddler (I read they should retract the foreskin, but I doubt either one of them did.) Also, I can't be circumcised, as my mother states "we don't believe in it." My mother wouldn't even let me explain my side of the story, and my father would consult my mother about it if I asked him.

So, in general, is my tight foreskin due to it growing slower than my penis, and will it catch up? What are my other options? How can I keep my penis clean in the meantime?

Thanks.

Old 07-28-2009, 05:48 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User
Re: Two Problems - Phimosis and Smegma

Very likely, you have a chronic yeast infection. This causes small cuts in the foreskin. When they heal, they heal as scar tissue, which is less elastic than normal skin. Excessive smegma production is also a sign of an infection. You need to see a doctor, or at least apply yeast cream until the infection is gone. Once it is gone, you can start stretching, to restore your penis to normal, so that the foreskin can be retracted with ease. There are stretching directions at the top of Men's Health.
Your parents are right about the value of a foreskin. If you told them you were having this problem, I bet they would take you to the doctor immediately. I am certain that they want you in the best of health, and that includes your penis.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2009, 02:52 PM   #3
(male)

BowieBoy HB User

It cannot be a yeast infection, as I do not have any symptoms of one. Ejaculation is fine, not clumpy. My glans is sensitive because it hasn't been exposed to much except the underside of my foreskin, and it is not irritated or itchy at all.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:16 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

Being able to retract less and less, is one of the main symptoms of a yeast infection.
Excessive smegma production is another.
Whatever it is, you need the attention of a doctor. Otherwise, it will continue to tighten, and we both know where that leads.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:04 AM   #5
(male)

BowieBoy HB User

It hasn't been worsening, and I'm not producing vast amounts of smegma, it's just been there because I can't retract. Now, what I want is an answer to the question, is it possible for my penis to grow faster than my foreskin?

Old 08-06-2009, 12:58 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

It is impossible for your penis to grow faster than your foreskin. That simply does not happen.

Old 09-24-2009, 07:52 AM   #7
(female)

cameramia HB User

My boys are two and a half and 4... and they have Phimosis and Smegma. Before you jump to circumsision... look into topical creams. they have steroid creams that reduce the inflamation in the foreskin. over a period of time, several steroid creams have proved affective. google it! and sorry you're going through this... it pains me to see my boys go through it. esp since none of their regular docs knew anything abt it. if we hadn't of pressed it... grr... but best of luck to yoU!

ps. your penis isn't growing faster. your skin is just too tight and constricting your head. that causes swelling.

Last edited by cameramia; 09-24-2009 at 07:53 AM.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:32 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

It is perfectly normal for your boys to not be able to retract at that age. The important thing is not to force it, or forcing will cause scarring, which will cause later phimosis.
Check the Danish study by Oster, it gives the average age at which a boy can retract.
Retraction often does not happen until puberty. Smegma in kids that age, is a sign that the foreskin is separating from the head, and getting ready for retraction on its own.
Washing with just water is best. Soaps can irritate, and cause balanitis.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:42 PM   #9
(male)

BowieBoy HB User

Tommy124, thank you for Oster's study, it gave me a lot of information and I feel I better understand it now. And cameramia, thanks for the support aswell!

Closed Thread